Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
Christians believe in continuation of conscious memory after death. Hindus believe you forget.

They hold the belief that this life is the only chance you get to do something good, which stimulates productiveness at least. Imagine how lazy you can be if you were an immortal god. Do not forget that the serpent deceived the first humans with immortality (see Genesis 3).

petosiris

Banned
exotically Indianized, petosiris! What is that supposed to mean :unsure:

It's a belief that is native to the Indian subcontinent, which has it's own languages, religions, cultures and philosophies. Surely misunderstandings can result from the admixture with Western minds, noticeably in what is called the New Age movement.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
To my understanding, the reincarnation belief is usually accompanied by the belief of karma. The belief of karma doesn't allow for a person choosing his parents during some ghost adventures.

david starling

It's a belief that is native to the Indian subcontinent, which has it's own languages, religions, cultures and philosophies. Surely misunderstandings can result from the admixture with Western minds, noticeably in what is called the New Age movement.

Pythagoras and Origen both believed in reincarnation.

petosiris

Banned
''Just as we can’t assert that one medicine is best for everyone, because what is required will depend on the patient’s age, condition and ailment, we can’t state that a particular transformative practice is best. Different people may find different traditions and exercises more effective for them. The important thing is to find an approach that helps us tackle our destructive emotions.'' - Dalai Lama on Facebook

Ukpoohbear

I believe in reincarnation and I was raised Christian lol. I don’t follow it now but I believe there are many archetypal Gods to meet during astral travelling (can’t wait). I also think God was probably a metaphor for consciousness. But I do also believe like what Petosiris said that we cease to exist before and after life. I interpret that to mean our families are not our families but people we have particular karmic connection to.

I’m high but that’s defo what my beliefs consist of.

Ukpoohbear

Besides people we know having particular karmic connection to us, since we are all from from the same source of matter and have been atomising since the Big Bang in an almost never ending sequence of possibilities to happen, basically we are all just never-ending possibilities, existing by the power of consciousness, until maybe one day pure love is created and everything returns back to source, and only consciousness exists, nothing else, until the possibility emerges of another Big Bang.