open relationships or marriage?

PlutorisingLee

Life has been strange

I need help figuring out my needs, I am confused. I deeply crave and need a bond, a true love with a person. I want a traditional relationship but at the same time, that seems not to work out so well. I am also wondering if in fact that is not for me and I need something different.
Why do I feel this conflict? I always considered myself needing deep emotional bonds, Scorpio Moon and all. Taurus wanting a secure tradtional marriage.
I feel a lot of social pressure to conform, but I'm not sure anymore how much of it is what I want and need and how much of it is social pressure.
I know I have the capacity to love another unconditionally, at the same time my relationships end up being very difficult.

What can you say about this chart in terms of relationships? Would I be happier in a non-traditional relationship? Should I work on it?

I am also attaching a transit chart...Maybe it can help: unsure:
I know I feel confused about this so anything you can say might help me analyse my decisions better.

Thank you

Attachments

• Lilith chart.jpg
    Lilith chart.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Transits!.jpg
    Transits!.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 22

GeminiGrrl

I can only speak for myself...but I really don't think anyone with Sun in Taurus and Moon in Scorpio and Venus in Taurus (in the eighth house yet!) is likely to find much satisfaction or even be very happy in an open relationship/marriage, especially since Taurus and Scorpio are both Fixed energy signs. Taurus and Scorpio are both very stubborn -- they want what they want, **** it, and they're very resistant to giving that up or settling for less. You have your Sun in the ninth house which tends to be less possessive than some others -- but the fact that you have your Fixed Water Moon in the second house (Fixed Earth) and your Fixed Earth Venus in the eighth house (Fixed Water) suggests to me that romantic relationships trigger strong possessive instincts in you.

On to the aspects...

One very interesting thing about your natal chart is that your Uranus forms a very tight conjunction with your Neptune. Unfortunately, even though neither one of them is especially conventional and both of them desire excitement, they pursue that excitement in very different ways. Uranus seeks freedom -- Neptune seeks union. Your Uranus and Neptune are also both retrograde, which implies a repressed individuality combined with a high degree of sensitivity. You also have Uranus and Neptune in the fourth house of family, suggesting that your childhood may have been unusual or even a bit unstable in some way -- but this combined with your Taurus Sun and Scorpio Moon, both of which crave security and stability, only persuades me further that an open relationship/marriage would probably not be very beneficial for you.

Another interesting thing about your natal chart is that you have only one Fire planet -- your Mars in Aries. When your natal chart has only one planet in a particular energy or element, this is called a singleton -- this amplifies the energy of that planet and gives it particular significance for your chart.

Sun trine Uranus -- this is a positive aspect for the most part, but (as I pointed out above) it also implies a need for freedom and spontaneity which some people might interpret as instability and unreliability.

Sun trine Neptune -- this is also a positive aspect on the whole because it facilitates sensitivity and compassion, but it can also facilitate a certain amount of naivete.

Sun opposite Pluto -- I suspect that this is part of the reason why you have difficulties with romantic relationships. I can vouch for this from personal experience because I also have a challenging Sun/Pluto aspect in my own chart -- and the trouble with a challenging Sun/Pluto aspect in your chart is that because Pluto moves so slowly, your Sun will form this same challenging aspect with the natal Pluto of every person close to your own age! (It's a real *****...I know!) People with the Sun in challenging aspect to Pluto tend to be hard on themselves and can be their own worst enemies. Pluto transforms whatever it touches, so people with Sun/Pluto aspects tend to subject themselves (and other people) to never-ending analysis. When the Sun/Pluto aspect is challenging, this analysis can be ruthless and leave the person feeling afraid of change and/or suspicious of other people (which I think might be especially true in your case since both the Sun and Pluto are Fixed and your Pluto is also retrograde). These fears and suspicions often prompt the Sun/Pluto to manipulate other people in an attempt to control them and/or to attract controlling and manipulative people. (Take it from me -- acknowledging your desire for control and making a determined effort to resist it will be a major step in your personal growth.)

Moon opposite Mercury -- with this aspect, there's something of a conflict of interest between your thoughts and your feelings. It doesn't exactly help that they're both Fixed in your case. It also suggests indecisiveness and hypersensitivity.

Moon opposite Venus -- this aspect also suggests a conflict, this time between your emotions and your need for affection. There's a tendency to be a "people-pleaser" -- to compromise or neglect your own emotional needs in order to maintain the peace and earn appreciation.

Moon inconjunct Mars at close orb -- yet another conflict, this time between your emotional needs and your sexual appetites (also your expression of anger). The inconjunct is the hardest of all challenging aspects to work with because there's no common point of reference anywhere -- both the element and energy are incompatible (in this case, the Fixed Water of Scorpio versus the Cardinal Fire of Aries). I imagine that expressing anger effectively is a struggle and that you tend to either bottle it up (Moon in Scorpio) or explode (Mars in Aries). This aspect also suggests that your sex life is often physically satisfying but emotionally frustrating or vice versa.

Moon square Saturn -- this is a rather weak aspect in your chart but I think it still counts, and it's a difficult aspect to work with. Saturn in challenging aspect tends to block or inhibit whatever it touches -- which in this case is your emotional expression. People with this placement find it difficult to trust others with their feelings.

Venus square Saturn in close orb -- I won't lie to you. This is a very challenging aspect indeed and I suspect that it's the primary source of your difficulties, especially since your Venus and your Saturn are both Fixed. Saturn in challenging aspect tends to block or inhibit whatever it touches -- which in this case is the expression of affection. Venus says "let's do this" -- Saturn says "no." Saturn is also in your fifth house of romance...and I know from personal experience that romantic relationships tend to be a struggle for people with this placement.

Venus trine Uranus -- a positive aspect which suggests a willingness to tolerate differences but, as in the case of Sun trine Uranus, implies a need for freedom and spontaneity which some people might construe as an indication of unreliability.

Venus trine Neptune
-- this aspect implies a desire for love to become a transcendent experience and facilitates romantic fantasy, but it also suggests a certain passivity when it comes to asserting oneself.

Mars inconjunct Jupiter -- a challenging aspect which suggests that you end up expending too much of your physical energy trying to be generous to others and that there's something of a disconnect between your passions and your overall philosophy.

Hope this helps...

PlutorisingLee

Thanks Gemini girl (btw this is really for the well-ordered) I do see this is challenging stuff for me due to many things you mention...I guess I should add/rephrase my question to include what type of relationship or person would allow less conflict or growing and resolve the issues. I have no problem with commitment but I do find it hard to express my needs.

One very interesting thing about your natal chart is that your Uranus forms a very tight conjunction with your Neptune.

Isn't that a generational aspect? Why would it be felt on a personal level?

You are spot on with it all...If you have the time would love to discuss more.

I do realize there is a lot of inner work to be done, I am very aware of this Mars and how it plays out in my relationships. Also Neptune and Uranus.

The question is- if say there is a conflict in a chart, all these themes should one find a partner that makes these issues come up and work on it or should one find a partner that makes it easy?

Sweet Pea

Neptune/Uranus conjunct is indeed "generational" but it makes a big difference to your chart when it aspects personal points like Sun and Venus. I don't know why some astrologers dismiss "generational" aspects. Even if that conjunction was unaspected in your chart, it's going to be triggered by other people's personal planets/Sun/Moon, so you are going to feel it and have to deal with those energies.

Geminigrrl's excellent post pointed out the tension between the two: Neptune is closeness and bonding, Uranus is freedom-seeking and uncommitted. Everyone in your generation is going to have some strange experiences and challenges with this combination, depending on which houses are ruled by the 2 planets.

Neptune rules your 7th house and its placement shows the kind of partner you'll attract, and that is NEPTUNIAN-URANIAN. It will be paradoxical because of the combination of those two planets. And Uranian energy is at odds with the rest of your chart that is very commitment loving. You can add in too the other aspects that Neptune/Uranus make - which are to your 'committed' parts of the chart. You can see that Uranus is the fly in the ointment here.

You're not going to easily find a partner that 'makes it easy'. You're going to find partners that challenge you to find some middle way between the extreme, possessive commitment of Sun-Pluto and Venus-Pluto, and the noncommittal, flyaway nature of Uranus.

Maybe you have some karma of this sort: that in previous lifetimes, you created bonds too quickly (especially sensual, sexy bonds), held on too tightly, too obsessively, too controllingly. And your Soul shouted, "no more of that!" And so you set it up to incarnate into this body that was going to attract the Uranian types, so that you could learn (and it will be a learning process) to free yourself from plutonic chain-making. "Sit more lightly in the saddle", relationship-wise.

Last edited:

muchacho

7th in Pisces would indicate non-traditional relationships, but 7th lord Jupiter in Virgo plus Moon in Scorpio, Sun and Venus in Taurus would indicate a rather stable and well-defined relationships.

However, with whole sign houses, the chart is leaning more into the open relationships directions with Moon in 3rd, Sun and Venus in 9th and Jupiter as 7th lord in 1st.

ashriia

Ha to the point :). Traditional still doesnt help with the fact I feel my needs are not being met...Would you say traditional gender roles as well? Homemaker?

Homemaker would be a waste IMO. Venus rules your second house and is placed in the 8th opposite Pluto. The opportunity to make considerable money is there, you have a certain level of magnetism that can be used to your advantage also. Why spend your life at home when you have that at your disposal.:smile:

PlutorisingLee

7th in Pisces would indicate non-traditional relationships, but 7th lord Jupiter in Virgo plus Moon in Scorpio, Sun and Venus in Taurus would indicate a rather stable and well-defined relationships.

However, with whole sign houses, the chart is leaning more into the open relationships directions with Moon in 3rd, Sun and Venus in 9th and Jupiter as 7th lord in 1st.
Thanks this intresting! Do you use the whole signs system? I only know it is anciant but this is so confusing to me. After all, how can the house placements be so different vs placidus? Do you reccomend one or the other?:w00t:

PlutorisingLee

Homemaker would be a waste IMO. Venus rules your second house and is placed in the 8th opposite Pluto. The opportunity to make considerable money is there, you have a certain level of magnetism that can be used to your advantage also. Why spend your life at home when you have that at your disposal.:smile:
:biggrin: of course of course. Just kidding...I'd love to do some artistic thing but I guess I'm really good at self-sabotaging my efforts. I see Venus ruling second house=money but with apposing pluto? How would that work? Inner transformation?

ashriia

:biggrin: of course of course. Just kidding...I'd love to do some artistic thing but I guess I'm really good at self-sabotaging my efforts. I see Venus ruling second house=money but with apposing pluto? How would that work? Inner transformation?

Venus is domiciled in Taurus in the 8th, and rules the 2nd and is opposite pluto. I mean that's nice! Transformation sure, definitely through relationships that's a given. But venus is related to finances - pluto is related to power. Put the two together and you can have power through wealth. The only thing, venus is in a tight square with saturn. So that area of life will likely improve in your 30s.

muchacho

Thanks this intresting! Do you use the whole signs system? I only know it is anciant but this is so confusing to me. After all, how can the house placements be so different vs placidus? Do you reccomend one or the other?:w00t:
Personally I use sidereal with whole sign houses. On the forum I usually go with whatever chart you guys post. Can you post your sidereal chart? This could be interesting.

I don't recommend interpreting the outers in a mere psychological way. On a physical level Pluto also gives enormous, usually sudden riches and power, in a rags to riches way. But that can also work the other way around, from riches to rags.

Last edited:

PlutorisingLee

Personally I use sidereal with whole sign houses. On the forum I usually go with whatever chart you guys post. Can you post your sidereal chart? This could be interesting.

Sure :biggrin:I'm curious to see how it goes...Although I'm still confused. Placidus seems to work well psychologically at least. Should I post a sidereal with whole houses? Or just sidereal? Let me know if what I attach is what you meant. Thank you! (I don't know anything about sidereal so anything you can say is appreciated.)

I don't recommend interpreting the outers in a mere psychological way. On a physical level Pluto also gives enormous, usually sudden riches and power, in a rags to riches way. But that can also work the other way around, from riches to rags.

I'm curious about that aspect of outer planets, I do for example see Pluto as giving me a lot of need to get to the bottom of things which can be very energising. It also creates a need to reclaim lost power (do to abuse) which can manifest in various ways.
Well, i'm not in riches yet but I do go very up and down money wise. To be honest I very much focus on outer planets to explain myself- on an inner level what with them having an impact on my home and upbringing (4th house), plus Pluto is such an important part of what I have to work on.

Attachments

• sidereal whole h.jpg
    sidereal whole h.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 20

muchacho

The chart you posted is fine, although rather tiny, hehe.

Jupiter still in the 1st opposite your 7th but in Leo now, your 7th in Aquarius, Venus in Aries in the 9th and Sun still in Taurus, Moon still in 3rd but in Libra now. So there's a lot of fire and air instead of earth and water now. This looks a lot more like open relationship, or if married then with someone who gives you a lot of latitude. It even looks like you could be attracted to foreigners or even live abroad.