Dyscaculia in the natal chart

Neptunia

Hello :)
Dyscaculia is basically 'number blindness'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia

And naturally I am curious as to if, it would show in the natal chart of someone who has it? :) I guess my two questions are: What planets etc rules math? And with what placements and aspects do you think it would show?

~ Neptunia

Osamenor

Staff member
I almost and vaguely know the answer to that question, from personal experience. My ex boyfriend has dyscalculia, and when we were together, a student astrologer friend did some readings for us. Our friend found something in both of our charts to indicate hidden disabilities (I'm dyspraxic and ADD, so that fits me, too). I remember that it had to do with grand trines in both of our charts, but not the specifics.

My ex boyfriend has a very earth oriented chart: sun and most of the planets in Virgo, Taurus moon, and Taurus rising, and I remember that the sun and moon were trine, so his trine would likely have involved earth signs, though I'm not quite sure about the house placements. My grand trine is among fire signs in the fourth, eighth, and twelfth houses and includes a Jupiter/Chiron conjunction right at the nadir, which I think is what speaks to the disability being hidden.

Sorry I don't know more detail. I'm also curious about the planetary placements now that you brought it up. But because dyscalculia is a hidden disability, I would think that the chart would include some indicator of that even if it doesn't spell out the specific kind of disability.

Neptunia

Thank you so much for your reply! :)

I would indeed think the earth element might have something to do with it, and the 12th house of hidden things as well. In general the water houses, since they all kind of hide themselves. Thank you again :)

~ Neptunia

joyrjw

I also have dyscalculia and possibly ADD.

My Moon is in Virgo in my 3rd house, so maybe Earth signs that are in bad aspect,(?) have something to do with it, I agree. I always wondered where it might show up in my chart. :)

graay ghost

I would indeed think the earth element might have something to do with it, and the 12th house of hidden things as well. In general the water houses, since they all kind of hide themselves. Thank you again :)

~ Neptunia

Why would you think earth? Math is pretty concrete until you get to the upper levels.

Osamenor

Staff member
I almost and vaguely know the answer to that question, from personal experience. My ex boyfriend has dyscalculia, and when we were together, a student astrologer friend did some readings for us. Our friend found something in both of our charts to indicate hidden disabilities (I'm dyspraxic and ADD, so that fits me, too). I remember that it had to do with grand trines in both of our charts, but not the specifics.

My ex boyfriend has a very earth oriented chart: sun and most of the planets in Virgo, Taurus moon, and Taurus rising, and I remember that the sun and moon were trine, so his trine would likely have involved earth signs, though I'm not quite sure about the house placements.

~ Neptunia

I just looked up my ex boyfriend's chart again, and his grand trine is air, not earth. It includes Mars in Aquarius, Uranus in Libra, and Saturn in Gemini, in the tenth, sixth, and second houses, respectively.

Neptunia

I just looked up my ex boyfriend's chart again, and his grand trine is air, not earth. It includes Mars in Aquarius, Uranus in Libra, and Saturn in Gemini, in the tenth, sixth, and second houses, respectively.

Ah okay, it may be air more than earth.. since air is 'intellectual'. :joyful: