Is the attraction mutual?

Wrt2lv

I'm 30 and gay, he's 29 and gay. We met through a mutual friend, and over time have started getting closer, hanging out more, becoming better friends. I find him extremely attractive in many ways, but I value friendship highly (and he's turning into a good one) and sometimes have trouble telling if he's actually sending signals or if I'm sending wishful-thinking signals to myself indicating he feels the same way. Regardless, we have a good time together--many similar interests, good conversations, invite each other to a lot of things. Just wondering if there's potential for more there or if that's just my strong Neptune clouding things up. :unsure:

Synastry chart attached.

Attachments

• synastry.jpg
    synastry.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 50

IleneK

Premium Member
If you are really good friends, that can always be the foundation for deeper relationship. I would go so far to say that the foundation of every relationship is deep and abiding friendship. So it sounds like you are on the right track...

There are contacts between your charts that suggest that communication between you may not be totally accurately understood, since your respective Merc's are disjunct. Disjunct is when planets are either 1 or 5 signs apart and it means literally that they cannot see or regard each other. Your Moon's are also disjunct so you may not "get" each other easily on the feeling level.

But your respective Mars trine each other by sign and so do your respective Venuses, so that seems very favorable for sexual attraction.

I think if you want to find out for sure if he is actually sending signals to you, you might put a horary chart in the Horary Questions on Relationship forum.

Wrt2lv

Hmm, I might try that too.

For in here though, I'm less interested in if he's *actually* sending signals and more just whether there may be mutual attraction and that kind of thing.

Thanks for your help! The communication problems are concerning, but it makes a certain amount of sense since we're very different people with quite different styles. To be honest, the fact that we've even become such good friends is a little surprising to me given how different we are. At least the attraction seems to be there. I was just worried that it might just be one way (from me to him) with him not returning the feeling.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hmm, I might try that too.

For in here though, I'm less interested in if he's *actually* sending signals and more just whether there may be mutual attraction and that kind of thing.

Thanks for your help! The communication problems are concerning, but it makes a certain amount of sense since we're very different people with quite different styles. To be honest, the fact that we've even become such good friends is a little surprising to me given how different we are. At least the attraction seems to be there. I was just worried that it might just be one way (from me to him) with him not returning the feeling.

I think there is good potential for mutual attraction. In addition to what I already mentioned, one's Moon sextiles the other's Mars by sign. And the other's Moon sextiles the first person's Venus by sign. These are all favorable for attraction. Good luck!

muchacho

I'm 30 and gay, he's 29 and gay. We met through a mutual friend, and over time have started getting closer, hanging out more, becoming better friends. I find him extremely attractive in many ways, but I value friendship highly (and he's turning into a good one) and sometimes have trouble telling if he's actually sending signals or if I'm sending wishful-thinking signals to myself indicating he feels the same way. Regardless, we have a good time together--many similar interests, good conversations, invite each other to a lot of things. Just wondering if there's potential for more there or if that's just my strong Neptune clouding things up. :unsure:

Synastry chart attached.
It's mutual. And it's potentially a very dynamic relationship. The relationship may feel a bit more troublesome to the outer wheel person than to the inner wheel person due to 6th house triggered.

wilsontc

Staff member
Sensitive topic

Moderator note: This subject is often the source of controversy and anger in discussions. To help lessen the likelihood of this thread going out of control and forcing strong moderation, please be especially careful to follow the Forum rules for behavior in all postings on this thread:
Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

Wrt2lv

Thanks muchacho. I did wonder what effect my Venus landing in his 6th house might have. (Sooo close to the 5th house though...sigh.)