Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-19-2021, 02:58 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Is this a one-sided synastry?

https://i.imgur.com/3pnEXNi.png

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-19-2021, 07:44 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,370
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
Just a thought. Perhaps you might flex your astrological studies muscle a bit , and make some comments about the synastry that lead you to this possible conclusion of one-sidedness, rather than asking us to completely analyze all the contacts?
You might get more responses that way?
In friendship,
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-20-2021, 02:10 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

The Sag's pluto seems to be hitting the second house and it seems like the Leo is the one who is investing while the Sag seems so impartial. Nothing on the relationship 7th house axis.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-20-2021, 11:18 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,370
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
The Sag's pluto seems to be hitting the second house .

Not sure I follow.
Pluto is in Libra in one chart and Scorpio in the other so do not follow "Sag's Pluto."
Could you say a bit more about what you mean?



Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
it seems like the Leo is the one who is investing while the Sag seems so impartial. Nothing on the relationship 7th house axis.

I am wondering if you might share which astrological contacts/configurations/houses you base your conclusions of investing versus impartiality on?
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-21-2021, 02:46 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

TBH, it seems like he is investing more into her pluto and he is the one putting planets into her 8th house. The descendant axis seems pretty empty too. Not sure what to make of it and it does seem like her Pluto impacting his moon is a biggie, as if he catches feelings for her.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-22-2021, 12:27 AM
thelivingsky thelivingsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 372
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
TBH, it seems like he is investing more into her pluto and he is the one putting planets into her 8th house. The descendant axis seems pretty empty too. Not sure what to make of it and it does seem like her Pluto impacting his moon is a biggie, as if he catches feelings for her.

I do not understand how a synastry can Be "one-sided?" It's about aspects and any aspect involves both charts.


What concerns me is that there are only difficult aspects between the luminaries, no trines or sextiles just squares. The good aspects between luminaries are the strongest indicators of long term relationship success.


What does the composite chart look like? Can you post it? I never evaluate on only the synastry or the composite but always use both.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-22-2021, 02:52 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivingsky View Post
I do not understand how a synastry can Be "one-sided?" It's about aspects and any aspect involves both charts.


What concerns me is that there are only difficult aspects between the luminaries, no trines or sextiles just squares. The good aspects between luminaries are the strongest indicators of long term relationship success.


What does the composite chart look like? Can you post it? I never evaluate on only the synastry or the composite but always use both.
Darn, yeah definitely poor aspects. Best I could do for composite here:

https://i.imgur.com/WZGywwg.png
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-23-2021, 03:20 PM
thelivingsky thelivingsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 372
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

The composite has that Sun/Venus/Merc stellium which is a strong indicator of attraction and a very quick feeling of ease or familiarity and feelings of sympatico. It sextiles the Moon which adds strength. So i tis easy to understand your interest in this person.



And the Nodal axis squares the stellium which is also a positive indicator of long-term success. This seems counter-intuitive but it is what I have seen. I have collected databank of over 200 composite charts over 40 years and this is one of the indicators that appears in most long lasting romances.



But the opposition to Saturn is very difficult. Saturn in H10 may manifest as a situation where there is a person of authority who opposes the union. Could be a parent or is there a legal obstacle? Another way this could play out over time is that one partner's job/career responsibilities/public image become an impediment to the success of the relationship.


If the synastry was much better I would predict a good likelihood of success.


Also missing in the synastry is that there are very few placements of personal planets in each others houses 4 through 8. Steven Forrest calls these houses the "arc of intimacy".



Hope this helps.
Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-23-2021, 07:20 PM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

hmmmm

a lot of 4th house overlap in synastry though and a lot of attraction due to mars-venus and pluto-mars at tight angles...

what am I not getting here?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-24-2021, 03:11 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

I see a good bit of planets in houses 4th to 8th in both synastry and composite, are you reading the right charts here?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-24-2021, 05:10 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,522
Sag has a Saturn-Moon conjunction at Asc. What do you make of that? And the trine to it from your Saturn at her MC?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-24-2021, 05:51 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Sag has a Saturn-Moon conjunction at Asc. What do you make of that? And the trine to it from your Saturn at her MC?
no idea tbh

I was more obsessed of aspects with Mars-Pluto and Mars-Venus being double whammies and so tight.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-24-2021, 05:57 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,290
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
no idea tbh

I was more obsessed of aspects with Mars-Pluto and Mars-Venus being double whammies and so tight.
Sometimes, when someone has a Moon/Saturn on their conjunction, it can over ride some of the Venus/Mars energy and kind of shut out down.

Your Mars falls into her 12th. So I am not sure how conscious she is of that impact. Maybe she feels that sexual tension in a more subconscious way? Or triers to deny it because it goes against her bottled up Moom/Saturn guard?

Last edited by katydid; 01-24-2021 at 06:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-24-2021, 06:39 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Sometimes, when someone has a Moon/Saturn on their conjunction, it can over ride some of the Venus/Mars energy and kind of shut out down.

Your Mars falls into her 12th. So I am not sure how conscious she is of that impact. Maybe she feels that sexual tension in a more subconscious way? Or triers to deny it because it goes against her bottled up Moom/Saturn guard?
yeah but mars-venus + mars-pluto?

lol good luck saturn
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-24-2021, 11:06 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,290
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
yeah but mars-venus + mars-pluto?

lol good luck saturn
I could argue that her Saturn is more fortified and is stronger within her psyche than the onslaught of the Mars/Venus and Pluto aspects can handle.

Her Saturn is conjunct her Ascendant, the interface between the many levels of her personality and the external reality. It is like a mask that can shield and guard one's true nature , long enough to sort through one's emotions. In Gemini, she knows how to keep things light and 'social' and impersonal, when desired.

Saturn on the Ascendant may eventually let down their guard, but until THEY do, no one will easily enter that personal realm.

She has a Yod, or a Finger of Fate , anchored by that Saturn/Moon on her Ascendant. So it is deeply ingrained and a long hard fought battle.

Your Mars falls into her 12th, of unrequited love. Your Mars is opposed to Venus, that is true. But Neptune and Mercury are right there with her Venus, somewhat deflecting the romantic energy.

I am sure she feels the sexual tension---but does she wAnt to let it in or not? That is the key question. And I think that it falls to Saturn to make that decision for her, not Mars, Venus, or even Pluto.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
VenusInFurs (01-29-2021)
  #16  
Unread 01-25-2021, 12:15 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I could argue that her Saturn is more fortified and is stronger within her psyche than the onslaught of the Mars/Venus and Pluto aspects can handle.

Her Saturn is conjunct her Ascendant, the interface between the many levels of her personality and the external reality. It is like a mask that can shield and guard one's true nature , long enough to sort through one's emotions. In Gemini, she knows how to keep things light and 'social' and impersonal, when desired.

Saturn on the Ascendant may eventually let down their guard, but until THEY do, no one will easily enter that personal realm.

She has a Yod, or a Finger of Fate , anchored by that Saturn/Moon on her Ascendant. So it is deeply ingrained and a long hard fought battle.

Your Mars falls into her 12th, of unrequited love. Your Mars is opposed to Venus, that is true. But Neptune and Mercury are right there with her Venus, somewhat deflecting the romantic energy.

I am sure she feels the sexual tension---but does she wAnt to let it in or not? That is the key question. And I think that it falls to Saturn to make that decision for her, not Mars, Venus, or even Pluto.
Soooo poor compatibility?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 01-30-2021, 04:06 AM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 369
Re: Is this a one-sided synastry?

any other takers?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
onesided, synastry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.