Why does it seem like alot of people hate Aries?

RisingSag

I posted earlier about Aries men being too randy, and what I mean by that is their sex drive is ridiculous. I've noticed a few Aries men who try to have sex with literally everyone. One expressed this energy in a balanced and respectful manner, and whose currently making a really big choice to be celebrate (it's been a year!). The other Aries was rude and obnoxious and about his intentions. He'd get a lot of girlfriends, so maybe he had good qualities, but I've only witnessed him saying disgusting things to women.
I had zero patience with Aries men or male fire sign sexual energy, but have come to terms with it, since I have an Aries sun and Aries venus. The few times I've been with fire mars sign men, I've had a lot of fun. I acknowledge that sexual energy is life force energy and if it's strong, it is good but like everything, needs to be balanced.

Last edited:

RisingSag

My neice who I spend a lot of time with has an Aries moon. She was feeling resentful towards me for being too busy to be with her as often. I observed that the best way to get back on good terms with her was to do things with her. Sports, parks and crafts. This has been much more effective than talks:)

Arena

My daughter is an Aries Sun, Mercury and Venus and she totally rocks. Very helpful, giving and kind. And yes, energetic and willful.

May I for the sake of my own curiosity ask you where her Sun, Mercury and Venus would fall in the sidereal zodiac?

Aries Sun and different rising sign would give a different character than Aries Sun AND Aries rising... but I guess that many people might find Aries rising as too blunt and maybe don't like their straight forwardness and competitive nature. But people like different things and different traits in people so I guess we cannot say one sign is less liked than others unless we have a definite research showing us that.

mdinaz

May I for the sake of my own curiosity ask you where her Sun, Mercury and Venus would fall in the sidereal zodiac?

Aries Sun and different rising sign would give a different character than Aries Sun AND Aries rising... but I guess that many people might find Aries rising as too blunt and maybe don't like their straight forwardness and competitive nature. But people like different things and different traits in people so I guess we cannot say one sign is less liked than others unless we have a definite research showing us that.

All of them would be pushed back into Pisces in the sidereal chart. Her tropical moon is in Taurus and square Neptune and Chiron which accounts for much of her sensitivity. She also has Cap (earth) rising which also blunts much of the Aries energy. Mars is intercepted in Cancer, also giving some weak Mars energy. In short, a lot of the Aries energy is mitigated in a number of ways which is why I also don't like the blanket "zodiac bigotry" that "x-zodiac-sun-sign is 'blah this' and 'blah that' ".

Nickidan

@Birch Dragon: This is an interesting answer, quite profound. I started the thread. I didn't mention exclusively the Sun sign, its included but I wanted to include other placements too. I want to keep it broad so I can have a vary of answers and perspectives. If people want to go into tirades and run amuck on here they can go ahead. Even if you all my question poor word choice, sign bigotry (ha) and other stuff I don't care because I am looking for honesty and meaningful answers from open-minded people.

I am an Aries sun/aries mercury and even I wouldn't like all that energy all over me all the time (especially the Aries moons, my Scorpio moon is like huh? sometimes lol). We are not all just one energy under one sign. We are different energies, working together, in contradiction/opposition, etc. Even so, I agree with most of what you are saying. Thanks for your input :)

Nickidan

PARDON MY HUMOUR, IT'S TIME FOR A POEM (OR A rAP) :whistling:

WHAT WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT
ARIES LIKE TO PLAY THEY WILL BEAT YOU UP
BEAT YOUR BUTT, BEAT IT DOWN
SORE IN THE TOLIET :crying:
KICK YOU OUT
HIT A BUTT WITH FISTS
HIT A BUTT WITH STICKS
HIT A BUTT USING ARITHMETIC
BUTTS ARE BRUISED AND FALLING APART :devil:
LAY ON A PACK OF ICE
THAT BRUISE WILL LATER LOOK LIKE A SMILE :)

Birch Dragon

Nickidian,
I knew from a previous post that you are an Aries sun and could tell early enough that you weren't trying creating a "let's beat on Aries" thread - but the thread has the real possibility of inviting that. Even in the short time I've been here I've seen some pretty dumb, childish, "bigoted" stuff get posted. I'm both an academic and a person with lots of Aries energy (Sun, Moon, Venus and Chiron all conj. in Aries, 8th house) so I've noticed some (really unfortunate) anti-intellectual, anti-academics stuff pop up on this site and some straight-up "Aries just ****s" stuff. And there are probably lots of dumb jabs pointed at other people and signs as well that I've been less sensitive to. But I've also noticed that whenever anything verges on being that simple-minded and potentially offensive lots of people on this site swoop in to counter it by trying to bring some nuance and clarity to the discussion, warning against simple-minded "sign bigotry," etc. To draw up e parameters and make sure the discussion is useful. Which I appreciate.

That said, I think of my Aries energy as my saving grace. I think of Aries in a very positive way that I don't often - if ever - read about. Rather than just being the start of the Zodiac, I also see it as the Resurrection after the death experienced in Pisces (dissolution back into the universe). When people look at the glyph of Aries they often see a ram's head but I see the Resurrection. That and a plant sprouting to life, breaking forth from the concrete, defeating it. Aries is the I AM of the Zodiac, and that's the name God gives for God's self in the Christian Bible. Aries simply is what is, without any masks, craftiness, misperceptions or attempts to beguile. Aries is the clarity zen monks seek (even if I think the peace they seek better suites Taurus, the next sign). In it's raw simplicity - it's pure "Just Is-ness," I consider Aries to be profoundly spiritual energy, and I consider my self very lucky to be comprised of some Aries energy...

Still, individual people (myself included) are almost always of a lower character and more complex (messed up?) than what I just described. There are plenty of ways raw Aries energy, manifesting through a mere mortal, can become all kinds of annoying. Even painful. Even dangerous.
I get that too.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Still, individual people (myself included) are almost always of a lower character and more complex (messed up?) than what I just described. There are plenty of ways raw Aries energy, manifesting through a mere mortal, can become all kinds of annoying. Even painful. Even dangerous.
I get that too.

This is a misrepresentation of the facts, IMO. The issue is that Aries generally has to learn from their own experience rather than learning from the experience of others. Every situation is a new situation, and not only do they have difficulty learning from other's experience, they have trouble generalizing from their own.

The upside is that they have an upbeat newness to everything they do. The down side is that they take a long time to learn things. After being hit aside the head with a two by four six times they say, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

Its doesn't mean they are learning disabled. It means that they just need to find out for themselves; they don't trust knowledge that they don't completely figure out for themselves.

This is, of course, a serious generalization, to be tempered by the individual chart.

Birch Dragon

This is a misrepresentation of the facts, IMO. The issue is that Aries generally has to learn from their own experience rather than learning from the experience of others. Every situation is a new situation, and not only do they have difficulty learning from other's experience, they have trouble generalizing from their own.

The upside is that they have an upbeat newness to everything they do. The down side is that they take a long time to learn things. After being hit aside the head with a two by four six times they say, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

Its doesn't mean they are learning disabled. It means that they just need to find out for themselves; they don't trust knowledge that they don't completely figure out for themselves.

This is, of course, a serious generalization, to be tempered by the individual chart.

Ya... I can see that.
40 and still learning... ! :wink:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Its a very gross generalization, not meant to address any specific person. And if the person has a strong Saturn then it can temper the Aries substantially, or an idiosyncratic Jupiter, or a Moon limbic system run in a capricorn security mode or , or, or ,or,...

So please don't take it to mean that if you are any kind of Aries that I'm talking about YOU---whoever YOU are. Its more a FOOSH!ts kind of thing.

Nickidan

Hmm I notice through my online experience, that people that tend to delete posts, comments, and parts of their articles, feel that they are wrong and must delete and cover up their tracks quickly before people can realize their error in judgement and opinion.

Birch Dragon

Hmm I notice through my online experience, that people that tend to delete posts, comments, and parts of their articles, feel that they are wrong and must delete and cover up their tracks quickly before people can realize their error in judgement and opinion.

What does this have to do at all with the basic question of the thread: why do people hate Aries?
Not that people don't go off topic sometimes but this is weird. At first I thought you were asking genuine questions in your threads but this makes me think you're actually engaging in some veiled, passive-aggressive campaign against someone on this site.
That's no good.

When I first came on this site I started a thread about the lunar nodes in my chart. It was my first thread. I probably didn't have the right tone for my Internet voice down yet. A member named Greybeard thought I sounded like a jerk and called me out for it. Which made me think he was a jerk so we fought it out for a few posts. And guess what. Today he's one of the people I talk to most on this site, and I've learned a great deal of valuable astro-insight from him. Had I tried to keep some sort of angry campaign against him I would have lost so much.
Whoever you're niggling at here, try to remember that you're only dealing with Internet personalities. Who knows what kind, complicated people live on the other side of them.

Nickidan

What does this have to do at all with the basic question of the thread: why do people hate Aries?
Not that people don't go off topic sometimes but this is weird. At first I thought you were asking genuine questions in your threads but this makes me think you're actually engaging in some veiled, passive-aggressive campaign against someone on this site.
That's no good.

When I first came on this site I started a thread about the lunar nodes in my chart. It was my first thread. I probably didn't have the right tone for my Internet voice down yet. A member named Greybeard thought I sounded like a jerk and called me out for it. Which made me think he was a jerk so we fought it out for a few posts. And guess what. Today he's one of the people I talk to most on this site, and I've learned a great deal of valuable astro-insight from him. Had I tried to keep some sort of angry campaign against him I would have lost so much.
Whoever you're niggling at here, try to remember that you're only dealing with Internet personalities. Who knows what kind, complicated people live on the other side of them.

I am asking genuine questions, I think I deserve genuine answers, not answers that get deleted "secretly" especially accusatory, answers that attack my knowledge and character. Answers that have accused me and made me look ignorant and bad. It annoys me, I made my opinion be known, what is so wrong with that? People don't have the balls to be upfront. Admit they made a mistake and that perhaps they were wrong. I am just playing their game. I came here to learn, to be able to talk openly about my problems, issues and my interest in astrology. In the real world I am always the odd one out, because my friends and people around me, don't know anything bout astrology pass their sun signs. This is one of the only forums I can share my interests with like-minded people. It would be nice to make friends and mentors here. But some of the behavior I see here isn't friendly, quite the opposite. Logically why would someone delete posts they made that are quite accusatory, mean and hostile towards me. They must be ashamed of what they previously said. And if its makes me passive-aggressive for pointing that out, and you know what so what.

P.S. don't worry it's not you, and if it ever becomes you I will let you know :) Thanks for your input

junoisuppose

OK this will be a personal comment based on my personal experience with one individual and sun sign astrology, so if that doesn't interest you look away.

My dad is an aries sun (pisces in vedic astrology), I am a cancer sun in both systems. My dad (& I) obviously have a lot of other planets in various places and do get along sometimes, but as far as sun signs go I do have trouble with his aries sun sometimes, even though there is no actual aspect between our suns. He comes into a room, usually the kitchen, and expects that he can have everything first - the sink, the cupboard, the kettle, the table etc. It doesn't occur to him to ask other people if they mind if he uses this thing, he doesn't notice that other people might want to use something in the kitchen. He gets his food for himself and doesn't think to offer anyone else any, doesn't offer to make food for anyone else. He couldn't care less whether he eats with other people or not, so he won't wait for everyone else to sit down for food. Now he is getting old he needs help with some things, so he will make appointments and just assume that I will be able to take him, he doesn't ask me first whether I have any plans, it just doesn't occur to him that I might.

My dad has many, many good qualities (& capricorn ascendant, venus in taurus, moon in pisces) but this aspect of his aries sun does offend my cancer one. He also has mars in aries but not conjunct the sun. His sun is in the middle of aries, in the decan of leo, so I don't know if that is the cause.

I had similar trouble with a male friend who was a gemini but with moon in aries - we'd go where he wanted to go & do what he wanted to do, and it didn't occur to him that that might not be what I wanted.

Another thing is that my dad has a temper, and can flare up quickly, and be aggressive when he does, but then the next day he has completely forgotten about it, whereas I will brood for days if not years, and he doesn't understand - "But why are you upset? That was yesterday. :innocent:"

mdinaz

Logically why would someone delete posts they made that are quite accusatory, mean and hostile towards me. They must be ashamed of what they previously said. And if its makes me passive-aggressive for pointing that out, and you know what so what.

Some posts are deleted by the moderators, sometimes without warning or explanation. Anyway, many of us here are considerably older and the flame-wars, which I remember participating in back over 20 years ago in the days of dial-up bulletin boards and USENET, lost their appeal long ago.

junoisuppose

I am asking genuine questions, I think I deserve genuine answers, not answers that get deleted "secretly" especially accusatory, answers that attack my knowledge and character. Answers that have accused me and made me look ignorant and bad. It annoys me, I made my opinion be known, what is so wrong with that? People don't have the balls to be upfront. Admit they made a mistake and that perhaps they were wrong. I am just playing their game. I came here to learn, to be able to talk openly about my problems, issues and my interest in astrology. In the real world I am always the odd one out, because my friends and people around me, don't know anything bout astrology pass their sun signs. This is one of the only forums I can share my interests with like-minded people. It would be nice to make friends and mentors here. But some of the behavior I see here isn't friendly, quite the opposite. Logically why would someone delete posts they made that are quite accusatory, mean and hostile towards me. They must be ashamed of what they previously said. And if its makes me passive-aggressive for pointing that out, and you know what so what.

Just a tiny thought here. People might say things on the spur of the moment and then after thinking about it realise they've been a little too harsh or misinterpreted another poster's intentions. They could post an extra post taking back their previous comments or apologising but that means that the original post is still there, if they simply remove it it is not there, and as not all posts get emailed there is the chance that the person it was directed at has not seen it. They are effectively taking back their previous comment. That's how I'd look at it - they said something they now think was unkind or something they no longer believe so they take it back. They may or may not be ashamed about it but they're saying that they no longer think it and no longer think it's worth other people reading.

Or also the point above - it might have been removed by moderators because it was attacking.

Last edited:

Nickidan

OK this will be a personal comment based on my personal experience with one individual and sun sign astrology, so if that doesn't interest you look away.

My dad is an aries sun (pisces in vedic astrology), I am a cancer sun in both systems. My dad (& I) obviously have a lot of other planets in various places and do get along sometimes, but as far as sun signs go I do have trouble with his aries sun sometimes, even though there is no actual aspect between our suns. He comes into a room, usually the kitchen, and expects that he can have everything first - the sink, the cupboard, the kettle, the table etc. It doesn't occur to him to ask other people if they mind if he uses this thing, he doesn't notice that other people might want to use something in the kitchen. He gets his food for himself and doesn't think to offer anyone else any, doesn't offer to make food for anyone else. He couldn't care less whether he eats with other people or not, so he won't wait for everyone else to sit down for food. Now he is getting old he needs help with some things, so he will make appointments and just assume that I will be able to take him, he doesn't ask me first whether I have any plans, it just doesn't occur to him that I might.

My dad has many, many good qualities (& capricorn ascendant, venus in taurus, moon in pisces) but this aspect of his aries sun does offend my cancer one. He also has mars in aries but not conjunct the sun. His sun is in the middle of aries, in the decan of leo, so I don't know if that is the cause.

I had similar trouble with a male friend who was a gemini but with moon in aries - we'd go where he wanted to go & do what he wanted to do, and it didn't occur to him that that might not be what I wanted.

Another thing is that my dad has a temper, and can flare up quickly, and be aggressive when he does, but then the next day he has completely forgotten about it, whereas I will brood for days if not years, and he doesn't understand - "But why are you upset? That was yesterday. :innocent:"

I understand completely with about this. Aries can seem very selfish and abrasive, and a lot of the times this is true. Aries are like overgrown children/baby. I am an Aries, and I feel I was more like an Aries as a child. Bossy, no consideration for others, etc. I also have a leo rising lol. As I got older and realized this is not how you're supposed to treat people. I also got a lot of water influence in my natal chart (scorpio moon, venus in pisces, pluto in scorpio). Even so, I feel with a lot Aries, that is just who they are. Aries is the first sign, they are the babies of the zodiac. You don't think about this but babies are selfish. They don't care if you have to sleep, are sick, taking a dump, etc. They are focus on their needs and wants. They will cry when angry, scared, sick etc. regardless of what is going on and the situation happening before them. I have been around so many Aries influenced people it is crazy. My dad's an Aries sun/ Aries venus, my mom and brother both have aries moons, btw my mom is a capricorn but she also has aries rising too. My sister has aries jupiter. Several friends had Aries Moons. Its crazy how much Aries energy I come across (btw I am an aries sun, with mercury in aries). BTW what is your moon, venus, mars, and ascendant signs. Maybe your relationship and frustrations with your dad have to do with that? Thanks for sharing btw :)

junoisuppose

I understand completely with about this. Aries can seem very selfish and abrasive, and a lot of the times this is true. Aries are like overgrown children/baby. I am an Aries, and I feel I was more like an Aries as a child. Bossy, no consideration for others, etc. I also have a leo rising lol. As I got older and realized this is not how you're supposed to treat people. I also got a lot of water influence in my natal chart (scorpio moon, venus in pisces, pluto in scorpio). Even so, I feel with a lot Aries, that is just who they are. Aries is the first sign, they are the babies of the zodiac. You don't think about this but babies are selfish. They don't care if you have to sleep, are sick, taking a dump, etc. They are focus on their needs and wants. They will cry when angry, scared, sick etc. regardless of what is going on and the situation happening before them. I have been around so many Aries influenced people it is crazy. My dad's an Aries sun/ Aries venus, my mom and brother both have aries moons, btw my mom is a capricorn but she also has aries rising too. My sister has aries jupiter. Several friends had Aries Moons. Its crazy how much Aries energy I come across (btw I am an aries sun, with mercury in aries). BTW what is your moon, venus, mars, and ascendant signs. Maybe your relationship and frustrations with your dad have to do with that? Thanks for sharing btw :)

i liked what you said about this is just the way they are :smile: I tell my dad again and again but he just doesn't get it :smile: And astrology has taught me not to get so worked up about his character or expect that he can change or that I can impose my values on him, so I'm a little less frustrated than I used to be.
He just can't help thinking about himself first :smile:

& he has good aries qualities that I admire, he loves sports, when he was younger he was quite active doing work that needed to be done outside, he had the drive to become successful in his career (although I'm not sure if his capricorn ascendant didn't also help a lot with that, and he had to work for himself because he couldn't take other people bossing him around) and when he was around 30 he and 2 friends got a car and drove across land from asia to the UK where they settled, so he's quite pioneering and genuinely interested in the people he met along the way.

Plus also he has moon in pisces which is contradictory to aries in a way. He was a doctor and would go out of his way to help people who are sick, so he wasn't selfish all the time. He moved countries to the UK for among other reasons because we have a free health service in the UK and he couldn't face charging people who were sick for treatment. So not pure aries, as nobody is purely one sign.

As for whether my other planets contribute to my frustration with him, well I'm virgo rising, so his pisces moon falls in my 7th house, his moon is also trine my sun, so we understand each other. My moon is gemini, conjunct his venus at the end of taurus, another beneficial aspect to have, and perhaps explains why a lot of our relating is around food :lol: My venus is in leo, widely trine his sun, and my mars is in virgo. I think our most problematic aspect is that our saturns are in opposition, mine in leo and his in aquarius. We had many power struggles as I was growing up :sad: Or maybe it is because I have 3 planets in leo, so I expect people to consider MY needs & I get affronted when they don't because I've got a little too much pride :lol:

Last edited:

Nickidan

Just a tiny thought here. People might say things on the spur of the moment and then after thinking about it realise they've been a little too harsh or misinterpreted another poster's intentions. They could post an extra post taking back their previous comments or apologising but that means that the original post is still there, if they simply remove it it is not there, and as not all posts get emailed there is the chance that the person it was directed at has not seen it. They are effectively taking back their previous comment. That's how I'd look at it - they said something they now think was unkind or something they no longer believe so they take it back. They may or may not be ashamed about it but they're saying that they no longer think it and no longer think it's worth other people reading.

Or also the point above - it might have been removed by moderators because it was attacking.

I agree with the spur of the moment thing, I am sometimes guilty of that too. Even so, there wasn't any apologizing or nothing. I just wish they were direct with me. It reminds me of an experience I had online. This girl wrote this article I thought was hypocritical, a bit offensive, and that sent a bad message. I wrote and thought about my comment a lot before I posted it. I wanted to be respectful and state my disagreements in a courteous way without offending her. After I posted it she wrote a comment in reply that pretty dismissed what I had to say. She told me I was lying and that I didn't read her article closely. Stating that maybe I should actually read the article before I write a comment. That offended me and I got mad, so I decide no, I am going to destroy this girl and make her look like what she appeared to be to me (I know immature and a bit cruel, but whatever don't mess with this Aries). I thought long and hard about it, making sure to focus on my issues with the article and not my issues with her. I spent hours on this and I created like 6 comments addressing the subject at hand, using evidence of in her own words to expose her as a hypocrite. Pretty much I made her look bad and prove my point, using her words.
Btw I didn't curse or name-call her in these comments (I was a bit sarcastic though, blame my mars in aquarius idk). After a couple of days I forgot about it, and came back to it. I noticed that she deleted most of my comments and changed and deleted stuff from the article that I pointed out to her were hypocritical and offensive. I understood I probably embarrassed her and called her out pretty bad. But that pissed me off too. I spent hours proving my points and she just deleted it. I know my actions seem spamly and troll-ly, but it wasn't. I proved my point and got punished for it. She made herself look bad and I called her out on it. This represented someone that was too proud to admit they are wrong, and would rather hide their tracks instead of facing it.

This situation just reminds me, a bit of the one I just explain to you. This right here is a less extreme case. But still ..:devil: This person didn't apologize/ or made efforts too (its not that serious, so whatever). I now know what kind of person this person is, and I will say away/ignore them. Just had to vent

As humans we all make mistakes, and do and says things before thinking 1000%. It happens to all of us, I am no stranger to that at all. It just pisses me off to know that people are more worried about saving their face, then admitting they did something wrong. I know for a fact that I will say something crazy out of anger/emotions and someone will be there to call that out. And I will respect someone that will do that, because it will help me in the end. Ok I am done :)