Oriental planet

docker

Every person have talents (special capabilities) to succeed his mission in life. The Oriental planet is the planet which is behind Sun and can show us which are the capabilities and how can handle them in practical issues in our life.
For me Oriental planet is Mars which tells me that I do the things I like too much (over-reacted). Also helps me to succeed what I start and don't let me enjoy it before I finish it first. I am realistic person and cause of that I can be productive. So my talents and my skills used better in situations where there is a demand of practical knowledge and rational mind (3rd house).

Question! What happened in Progressions? The oriental planet changes. Also the natal oriental planet change house. What do you think about it?

Thanks
Docker

candiceaqua

I have only Mars and Saturn oriental.....:surprised:

Don't know how to use oriental in progression, is works sort of like moveable sign, the things it present will be very quick and short.

Arian Maverick

I have only Mars and Saturn oriental.....

This comment doesn't make much sense--not only for the reason docker provided, but also for the fact that the zodiac is a circle. It doesn't matter how far around the circle you must travel; everyone has an oriental planet.

Arian Maverick

Ryoin

Banned
This comment doesn't make much sense--not only for the reason docker provided, but also for the fact that the zodiac is a circle. It doesn't matter how far around the circle you must travel; everyone has an oriental planet.

That might not be necessarily true. Oriental and occidental only count as far as the opposition to the Sun, then the other one takes over. Like, if you were to go to the left of the sun and count your oriental planets, the oriental part of your chart would effectively end when you got the degree opposite the degree of your sun, then any planet that occupies a degree from the opposition to the conjunction of the sun would be occidental. So, there is definitely a cut off point and if you don't have anything there, then you have no oriental planet and you can definitely have more than one planet being either occidental and oriental. For myself, I have one oriental planet and five occidental planets.

The Oriental planet is the planet which is behind Sun and can show us which are the capabilities and how can handle them in practical issues in our life.

This definition of oriental leaves much to be desired. An oriental planet is a planet that rises before the sun, saying a planet is behind the sun makes it sound as if it rises after the sun, making it occidental.

docker

An oriental planet is a planet that rises before the sun, saying a planet is behind the sun makes it sound as if it rises after the sun, making it occidental.

Oh so there is difference between Oriental and Occidental! I didn't knew that word! (English is not my mother tongue language, sorry)! Also I didn't know about the opposition. So if a planet is behind the Sun over 180 degrees means that there isn't Oriental planet?

Docker

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

How many planets can you have behind the sun? I would've thought one in reading the first paragraph but others mention more than one.

My Sun is Virgo 2 degrees and the planet just prior to that is Pluto in Leo 28 degrees in my 6th house. My Sun is in 6th house placidius or 7th whole house. Pluto is supposed to be considered exalted by traditional standards in Leo.

Ryoin

Banned
Oh so there is difference between Oriental and Occidental! I didn't knew that word! (English is not my mother tongue language, sorry)! Also I didn't know about the opposition. So if a planet is behind the Sun over 180 degrees means that there isn't Oriental planet?

A much less lengthy definition of oriental is a planet that rises before the sun. So, any planet that comes over the first house before the sun does, but isn't more than 180 degrees from it. Planets that rise after the sun are occidental.

How many planets can you have behind the sun? I would've thought one in reading the first paragraph but others mention more than one.

It's possible to have them all either oriental or occidental. Like myself, I've only Jupiter oriental while Saturn, Venus, Mercury, and Mars are all occidental.

My Sun is Virgo 2 degrees and the planet just prior to that is Pluto in Leo 28 degrees in my 6th house. My Sun is in 6th house placidius or 7th whole house. Pluto is supposed to be considered exalted by traditional standards in Leo.

Pluto doesn't count and it most certainly holds no dignity in Leo in the astrological tradition. :)

EJ53

Banned
A much less lengthy definition of oriental is a planet that rises before the sun. So, any planet that comes over the first house before the sun does, but isn't more than 180 degrees from it. Planets that rise after the sun are occidental.
For clarification, Ryoin......If the Sun is on the Ascendant degree, are all planets in houses 1-6 occidental and all those in houses 7-12 oriental?

EJ53

Banned
So since my Sun is closer to the descendant line the reverse would be true for me? Everything from the Sun, including the sun, (Virgo 2 degrees) to Pisces 2 would be occidental and from Pisces 2 to Virgo again would be oriental?
Sun is not included, Amy......But otherwise, what you say is correct.

(Oriental=before Sun...Occidental=after Sun......Sun can be neither before nor after itself.)

But from your Skyscript link, a planet is "occidental in figure" if it's near the Descendant)......whilst a planet near the Ascendant is "oriental in figure"....So your Sun is "occidental in figure", but not an occidental planet...

...[It's confusing, but where would be the mystery in astrology if we used terms like "rises up to 12 hours before the Sun", "rises up to 12 hours after the Sun"; "is near the Ascendant" or "is near the Descendant"?]:biggrin:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Thanks EJ~ I just noticed your rising is 29 degrees Virgo as my Mercury is. I hope Saturn leaves us BOTH alone these next two times around.
:smile:

Now I get to google and see what Occidental and Oriental positioning does to my planets so you've given me homework, which is OK, especially if I learn.

Sun is not included, Amy......But otherwise, what you say is correct.

(Oriental=before Sun...Occidental=after Sun......Sun can be neither before nor after itself.)

But from your Skyscript link, a planet is "occidental in figure" if it's near the Descendant)......whilst a planet near the Ascendant is "oriental in figure"....So your Sun is "occidental in figure", but not an occidental planet...

...[It's confusing, but where would be the mystery in astrology if we used terms like "rises up to 12 hours before the Sun", "rises up to 12 hours after the Sun"; "is near the Ascendant" or "is near the Descendant"?]:biggrin:

Vagabondgirl

Thanks EJ~ I just noticed your rising is 29 degrees Virgo as my Mercury is. I hope Saturn leaves us BOTH alone these next two times around.
:smile:

Now I get to google and see what Occidental and Oriental positioning does to my planets so you've given me homework, which is OK, especially if I learn.

Hey, my moon is also 29 deg virgo:) I think saturn has given me much **** too! And pluto or whatever:/