Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-31-2019, 05:27 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Some people say the Composite chart is more important.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-31-2019, 06:06 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

The composite is a snapshot, a quick look, at the relationship itself.
It cannot replace the synastry, but can only give an idea of how the synastry aspects work out when the two are together.
Because the composite consists of midpoints, it could happen that these midpoints are between two planets in square or two planets in trine, for example, which are quite different.
And it can also happen that several stressful aspects in the synastry come out as easy aspects in the composite. This just shows that the combination of aspects in the synastry can be worked out, but it does not mean that the relationship will be a smoother one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-31-2019, 06:17 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
The composite is a snapshot, a quick look, at the relationship itself.
It cannot replace the synastry, but can only give an idea of how the synastry aspects work out when the two are together.
Because the composite consists of midpoints, it could happen that these midpoints are between two planets in square or two planets in trine, for example, which are quite different.
And it can also happen that several stressful aspects in the synastry come out as easy aspects in the composite. This just shows that the combination of aspects in the synastry can be worked out, but it does not mean that the relationship will be a smoother one.
I'm just trying to understand why this guy likes me so much when we have bad synastry. My Pluto conjuncts his Sun, Mars, and IC so I think that's the reason. I told him I thought he was just sexually attracted to me. Because those aspects are basically about sex but he says he likes me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-31-2019, 06:20 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

It's a fine line that divides attraction and liking. Pluto is very compulsive, it's very hard to override.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-01-2019, 03:45 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
It's a fine line that divides attraction and liking. Pluto is very compulsive, it's very hard to override.
It's the chart where you said it was so so but we have a good Composite.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 09-01-2019 at 03:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-01-2019, 05:37 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

If the synastry is poor, the composite cannot overcome that, since the composite is derived from the two natals.
But also,
if the guy is very sexually attracted to you, due to your Pluto to his Sun/Mars, then he may be totally entranced by you and willing to say anything, including that he likes you a lot, in order to be able to have sex with you. He may be so overpowered by Pluto to Sun/Mars that he can't even see or feel the negative aspects in synastry between you.
That is how hormones work, esp [but not exclusively or always] with guys.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 09-01-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (09-01-2019), Meluzina (09-01-2019)
  #7  
Unread 09-01-2019, 06:43 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
If the synastry is poor, the composite cannot overcome that, since the composite is derived from the two natals.
But also,
if the guy is very sexually attracted to you, due to your Pluto to his Sun/Mars, then he may be totally entranced by you and willing to say anything, including that he likes you a lot, in order to be able to have sex with you. He may be so overpowered by Pluto to Sun/Mars that he can't even see or feel the negative aspects in synastry between you.
That is how hormones work, esp [but not exclusively or always] with guys.

This is the composite and synastry chart.



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-01-2019, 08:07 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Yes, in the synastry most of the energies are really not interacting well.
Remember when you do the chart to insert also the south moon's node. If you do you'll see in the composite that mars is exactly conjunct south node, that reflects the actual argumentative nature, and the sexual pull of the relationship.
In the composite Venus/jupiter with a sextile of mars is very positive, as is moon sextile sun/mercury.
The Neptune/saturn/uranus shows all the conflicting energies bundled together.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 09-01-2019, 08:52 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Yes, in the synastry most of the energies are really not interacting well.
Remember when you do the chart to insert also the south moon's node. If you do you'll see in the composite that mars is exactly conjunct south node, that reflects the actual argumentative nature, and the sexual pull of the relationship.
In the composite Venus/jupiter with a sextile of mars is very positive, as is moon sextile sun/mercury.
The Neptune/saturn/uranus shows all the conflicting energies bundled together.
So this would only be good for a sexual relationship then?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-01-2019, 09:50 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,465
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Assuming times of birth are reliable
then
notice that the two MOONS ARE TRINE - that's good potential
The suns are in aversion aka disjunct - that's not good
HOWEVER
BOTH SUNS ARE RULED BY THE SAME RULER - MARS
and
THE ASCENDANTS ARE BOTH FIRE SIGNS and therefore trine - that's good potential
that's skimming the surface - check aspects and rulerships
of planets aspecting Sun/Moon/Ascendant rulers




Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post


synastry chart.



__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 09-01-2019, 09:51 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
So this would only be good for a sexual relationship then?
It would be well suited for fighting.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 09-01-2019, 10:02 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,286
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Your synastry isn't the best of the best, but your moons are trined, which gives some emotional compatibility and feeling "at home" with the other person.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (09-02-2019)
  #13  
Unread 09-02-2019, 12:11 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Assuming times of birth are reliable
then
notice that the two MOONS ARE TRINE - that's good potential
The suns are in aversion aka disjunct - that's not good
HOWEVER
BOTH SUNS ARE RULED BY THE SAME RULER - MARS
and
THE ASCENDANTS ARE BOTH FIRE SIGNS and therefore trine - that's good potential
that's skimming the surface - check aspects and rulerships
of planets aspecting Sun/Moon/Ascendant rulers
Taurus is ruled by Venus and the other person is Ascendant in Scorpio.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 09-02-2019, 02:59 AM
sea_of_qi's Avatar
sea_of_qi sea_of_qi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: sea of qi
Posts: 98
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

I agree the Synastry has challenges. Perhaps you should think about how you feel when you are with this person and compare that to previous partners then compare the various charts to separate your personal wheat from the chaff.

That said, two together are more than the sum of their parts! Perfection is a chimera that too many waste good time chasing. The composite does indicate great sex (very tight sextile Venus/Jupiter conjunction to mars) among other great things. The neighbors will not appreciate the cries of ecstasy. As far as the South Node conjunct Mars some say a certain amount of tension is necessary.

Evaluate your own natal promise for what relationships can offer you in this life, then look at his and imagine what it feels like when you are together. If you haven't spent much time together, then spend more time together. Nothing makes astrology more meaningful than experiencing it!

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic for a good Composite!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sea_of_qi For This Useful Post:
ChildOfVenus (09-02-2019), ElenaJ (09-02-2019)
  #15  
Unread 09-02-2019, 04:58 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_of_qi View Post
I agree the Synastry has challenges. Perhaps you should think about how you feel when you are with this person and compare that to previous partners then compare the various charts to separate your personal wheat from the chaff.

That said, two together are more than the sum of their parts! Perfection is a chimera that too many waste good time chasing. The composite does indicate great sex (very tight sextile Venus/Jupiter conjunction to mars) among other great things. The neighbors will not appreciate the cries of ecstasy. As far as the South Node conjunct Mars some say a certain amount of tension is necessary.

Evaluate your own natal promise for what relationships can offer you in this life, then look at his and imagine what it feels like when you are together. If you haven't spent much time together, then spend more time together. Nothing makes astrology more meaningful than experiencing it!

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic for a good Composite!
So far the best sex I've ever had is with this Virgo guy. Our synastry and Composite are bad but the Saturn aspects are really like glue for us. It's so hard for me to stop talking to him. I just think I feel comfortable with him he's like family to me.


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 09-02-2019, 06:44 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Mars trine mars/pluto, sun opposite Venus are very nice to have between friends and lovers.
Over time, however, the moon on Uranus/saturn will take its toll. Emotional moon wants acceptance, even in flirty sagittarius, but instead finds a stone wall or an unreliable partner. Squaring Venus, it blows hot and cold, between ecstasy and turn-offs.
Neptune opposite mars is fascinating at first, but then becomes cloudy, weak and unreliable too.
Saturn square mercury/jupiter puts a damper on communication between you two.
Sun opposite mercury/uranus repeats the theme of unreliability, not being there when the other needs it.
Note his moon not integrated in the charts, uninvolved emotionally in the relationship.
These are all present in the composite with infatuated Neptune opposite Venus, full of illusions that will dissipate with time, mercury/moon is communication and opposes sun and while this is not negative in itself it adds to the general picture of lack of harmony and understanding between you two. Plus this opposition squares powerful compulsive pluto on the ascendent, controlling and tyrannical.
Seeing this synastry and the other one, it looks as though maybe you are evaluating your partners on their sexual compatibility, but there is a lot more to consider in the relationship. The sex wears off with time and routine, and then you want a reliable, understanding, loving partner that you can talk to about what is in your heart. Try to look for these qualities in your next one.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 09-02-2019, 11:38 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

The Virgo and I have been involved for 5 years. We have 4th house overlays hence the reason why he feels like family to me. He trusts me and Iíve been there for him financially. Regardless of my Saturn being on his Moon and Venus I care about him. I am aware of how Saturn can be cold but I think Iíve become better with not being that way towards him. He and I are friends though but he knows that Iíll be there for him even if itís not physically. I have actually considered relocating to be closer to him but heís a free spirit. I honestly donít think Iíll ever be able to end things with him. Iíve talked to and been involved with other guys but I still canít forget about him. I agree that sex isnít as important as communication in regards to having a relationship.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 09-02-2019, 11:42 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
The Virgo and I have been involved for 5 years. We have 4th house overlays hence the reason why he feels like family to me. He trusts me and Iíve been there for him financially. Regardless of my Saturn being on his Moon and Venus I care about him. I am aware of how Saturn can be cold but I think Iíve become better with not being that way towards him. He and I are friends though but he knows that Iíll be there for him even if itís not physically. I have actually considered relocating to be closer to him but heís a free spirit. I honestly donít think Iíll ever be able to end things with him. Iíve talked to and been involved with other guys but I still canít forget about him. I agree that sex isnít as important as communication in regards to having a relationship.
Saturn is also responsibility, reliability, stability. It is the parent acting towards their offspring in a helpful teaching way.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 09-02-2019, 12:15 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Saturn is also responsibility, reliability, stability. It is the parent acting towards their offspring in a helpful teaching way.
Itís my Moon thatís unaspected my Sun and Mercury makes a trine trine to his Moon.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 09-02-2019, 12:15 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,465
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post

synastry chart.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Assuming times of birth are reliable
then
notice that the two MOONS ARE TRINE - that's good potential
The suns are in aversion aka disjunct - that's not good
HOWEVER
BOTH SUNS ARE RULED BY THE SAME RULER - MARS
and
THE ASCENDANTS ARE BOTH FIRE SIGNS and therefore trine - that's good potential
that's skimming the surface - check aspects and rulerships
of planets aspecting Sun/Moon/Ascendant rulers
for clarity I shall not edit the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post

Taurus is ruled by Venus and the other person is Ascendant in Scorpio.
THE TWO ASCENDANTS LEO AND SCORPIO ARE SQUARE then

Leo ascendant ruler Aries Sun is in aversion/disjunct
to Scorpio ascendant ruler Scorpio Mars assembled with Scorpio Sun Mercury assembly
Aries and Scorpio suns are disjunct/in aversion BUT both are ruled by Mars
the upper portion of the synastry chart is snipped/invisible
BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE TWO MARS ARE ALSO IN AVERSION/DISJUNCT
and so regarding this partially obscured synasty chart
Aquarius Moon trine Libra Moon appears the least challenging aspect
nevertheless check aspects between ruler of Libra Venus
and ruler of Aquarius Saturn
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 09-02-2019, 01:34 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
for clarity I shall not edit the above


THE TWO ASCENDANTS LEO AND SCORPIO ARE SQUARE then

Leo ascendant ruler Aries Sun is in aversion/disjunct
to Scorpio ascendant ruler Scorpio Mars assembled with Scorpio Sun Mercury assembly
Aries and Scorpio suns are disjunct/in aversion BUT both are ruled by Mars
the upper portion of the synastry chart is snipped/invisible
BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE TWO MARS ARE ALSO IN AVERSION/DISJUNCT
and so regarding this partially obscured synasty chart
Aquarius Moon trine Libra Moon appears the least challenging aspect
nevertheless check aspects between ruler of Libra Venus
and ruler of Aquarius Saturn
Yeah, It got cut off I was on my cellphone when I uploaded the charts.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 09-02-2019, 07:50 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
for clarity I shall not edit the above


THE TWO ASCENDANTS LEO AND SCORPIO ARE SQUARE then

Leo ascendant ruler Aries Sun is in aversion/disjunct
to Scorpio ascendant ruler Scorpio Mars assembled with Scorpio Sun Mercury assembly
Aries and Scorpio suns are disjunct/in aversion BUT both are ruled by Mars
the upper portion of the synastry chart is snipped/invisible
BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE TWO MARS ARE ALSO IN AVERSION/DISJUNCT
and so regarding this partially obscured synasty chart
Aquarius Moon trine Libra Moon appears the least challenging aspect
nevertheless check aspects between ruler of Libra Venus
and ruler of Aquarius Saturn
So the descendent rulers are Venus and Saturn, which are mutually in aspect, Venus with Saturn and Saturn with Venus, forming a potent glue to hold them together.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 09-03-2019, 05:31 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
So the descendent rulers are Venus and Saturn, which are mutually in aspect, Venus with Saturn and Saturn with Venus, forming a potent glue to hold them together.
What does this indicate?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 09-03-2019, 07:02 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,186
Re: Can a relationship work with a bad synastry but good Composite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
What does this indicate?
...forming a potent glue to hold them together.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 09-04-2019, 12:13 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_of_qi View Post
I agree the Synastry has challenges. Perhaps you should think about how you feel when you are with this person and compare that to previous partners then compare the various charts to separate your personal wheat from the chaff.

That said, two together are more than the sum of their parts! Perfection is a chimera that too many waste good time chasing. The composite does indicate great sex (very tight sextile Venus/Jupiter conjunction to mars) among other great things. The neighbors will not appreciate the cries of ecstasy. As far as the South Node conjunct Mars some say a certain amount of tension is necessary.

Evaluate your own natal promise for what relationships can offer you in this life, then look at his and imagine what it feels like when you are together. If you haven't spent much time together, then spend more time together. Nothing makes astrology more meaningful than experiencing it!

Disclaimer: I'm a hopeless romantic for a good Composite!
Thank you 😊
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
composite, good, relationship, synastry, work

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.