horary, death, charts?

azzim

Hi,
Can death be shown in a horary chart if that's not the question asked?
Ivy Goldsrein -Jacobsen makes the seemingly absurd remark that it doesn't matter WHAT the question is-if there's a malefic in the 8th, death of someone
the querent knows will die. Deb Houlding seems to imply it wont show up
unless the question asked is about death thanks azzimm

BlackLioness87

I saw that happens with the tarot and other fortune-telling techniques. No matter what you ask, if someone close to the quesited is going to die, that is shown in the reading.

greybeard

Hi,
Ivy Goldsrein -Jacobsen makes the seemingly absurd remark that it doesn't matter WHAT the question is-if there's a malefic in the 8th, death of someone
the querent knows will die. Deb Houlding seems to imply it wont show up

At about 3 AM I got a phone call from a friend. She was deeply upset, frantic, fullof fear. She just had a dream about her own death and she was terrified. We talked for a few minutes, until I knew I understood the situation and decided on how to handle it astrologically. Then I timed and cast the chart.

I decided on horary and cast the chart. At the Asc of the horary was the degree on the cusp of her 8th natal house.

This confirmed the Concern with Death (which was the reason for casting the chart), but did not show death itself. It also confirmed the validity of Placidus houses; other house systems would have had a different degree on the natal cusp.

It also suggested that the way I time a horary is correct; I time the question to the moment I fully understand the situation and have decided on the best approach astrologically.

The odds of her 8th cusp showing on the horary Asc are, I believe, 1/360.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi,
Ivy Goldsrein -Jacobsen makes the seemingly absurd remark
that it doesn't matter WHAT the question is
-if there's a malefic in the 8th, death of someone
the querent knows will die.

Deb Houlding seems to imply it wont show up
"death of someone the querent knows" is a vague term :smile:
i.e.

there are deaths daily in anyone's neighbourhood
and so
meeting a friend who asks
"Did you hear the news so-and-so died"
is not uncommon
also
Horary does not supercede or over-rule the promise of any natal chart
therefore
if death of someone known to the querent
is not promised in querents natal chart
an Horary cannot indicate that

then as well as that there are multiple people worldwide

asking unrelated questions
on the same day who find a malefic in 8th horary house of their question

therefore
assess the condition of the 8th house malefic as well as its aspects
before jumping to conclusions

greybeard

My suggestion when using horary: STICK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION and questions that derive or develop from the original question, are related to it.

Cap

At about 3 AM I got a phone call from a friend. She was deeply upset, frantic, fullof fear. She just had a dream about her own death and she was terrified. We talked for a few minutes, until I knew I understood the situation and decided on how to handle it astrologically. Then I timed and cast the chart.

I decided on horary and cast the chart. At the Asc of the horary was the degree on the cusp of her 8th natal house.

This confirmed the Concern with Death (which was the reason for casting the chart), but did not show death itself. It also confirmed the validity of Placidus houses; other house systems would have had a different degree on the natal cusp.

It also suggested that the way I time a horary is correct; I time the question to the moment I fully understand the situation and have decided on the best approach astrologically.

The odds of her 8th cusp showing on the horary Asc are, I believe, 1/360.

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

If her question was about the dream and not about her death then it was a 9th house question.

Unrelated to this, once, many years ago, I had a dream that I died. My body was on the operating table, but I was floating above it, similarly as described in stories of near-death experiences. I could hear and see everything, medical personnel talking and famous beeping sound that indicates heart failure. They were trying really hard to revive my body. If I must choose just one word to describe this experience, I would say it was amusing. The dream seemed so "real" that it took me several hours to adjust to the situation that I am "still alive" after I woke up.

greybeard

It was an 8th house question. Read the narrative again; you missed something.

Proof that the 8th house assignment was the proper one lies in the fact that her natal 8th cusp is question Asc.

greybeard

The astrologer, in any consultation, must be alert to the state and the needs of the client.

She called me as a friend, but more as an astrologer. Terror was in her voice from the start. I immediately put on my Professional Astrologer hat. This was serious.

First, I want to know what happened, what's going on. I need to impose calm, to help her get in control of her fear. Meanwhile I am making sure I understand the situation and the true nature of her question. I decide what sort of astrology best fits this incident. Sometimes the natal chart is more useful.

My fundamental task is to reassure, to expel the fear. The astrology is secondary, a tool.

For best results with horary, the querent must be psychologically involved in the question. In this case, terror in the voice and lapses into incoherency left no doubt on that score. That kind of intensity makes a horary chart sing.