Writing as a career?

jg1982

Hello, I would like to ask if writing is well aspected in my chart as a professional choice. Thank you in advance for any answers/analyses.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_j.70216.63052.png
    astro_w2gw_j.70216.63052.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 32

muchacho

What you have to look for is Mercury, Venus and Jupiter and your 3rd, 5th and 9th lords and their relationship with 10th lord and chart ruler. They all should be somehow interconnected in multiple ways. The more the better.

So this looks really good. Sun (life purpose) as 9th lord (publishing). Mercury (writing in general) as 10th lord (career). Venus (poetry) as 6th lord (work). Jupiter (authorship) as chart ruler. Saturn as 3rd lord (short writings). Which means 10th lord is with 9th lord and 3rd lord. And also chart ruler is with 3rd and 9th lord. And 6th lord with 3rd and 9th lord.

jg1982

Thank you much, muchacho. What you wrote seems pretty encouraging. I do have a follow up question if you don't mind. My 3rd house has two rulers, I believe, Saturn and Uranus. Saturn, as you mentioned, is well positioned, but I notice that Uranus is in the 12th house. How does that placement (Uranus in 12th) affect a possible career as a writer? Do you have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Kannon

The chart looks good for the communication arts with stellium of Venus-Jupiter-Sun conjunct Mercury, but also Sun nearly exactly parallel Venus. Neptune rising = imagination. If you are not already writing, get started. Stelliums in 11th indicate a potential audience is there for you due to your mind being tuned in to group interest.

muchacho

Thank you much, muchacho. What you wrote seems pretty encouraging. I do have a follow up question if you don't mind. My 3rd house has two rulers, I believe, Saturn and Uranus. Saturn, as you mentioned, is well positioned, but I notice that Uranus is in the 12th house. How does that placement (Uranus in 12th) affect a possible career as a writer? Do you have any thoughts on this?
Saturn is the traditional ruler, Uranus the modern ruler. In terms of a writing career, 3rd lord in 12th would mean that you try to achieve your 3rd house goals via 12th house topics, i.e. spiritual themes (instead of societal themes if in 11th). So there's a difference in depth and scope.