Significators of Travel

MSO

Using Lilly's method, I gathered from my own chart two points for traveling west, and two points for traveling east.

The two planets, Mars and Mercury, are both in cardinal signs.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, this is confusing :lol: Mercury's sole aspect is to Saturn, which is in a Fire sign. In that case, would you add two points for east, one for Saturn and sign, or just one for east and one for west, for Mercury's Air sign?

:andy:

If it is indeed two for each direction, which way am I traveling? :lol:

dr. farr

I don't follow much of what Lilly has to say about most things (no offense to those who do though) I use other sources relative to directions; if you want to, post your chart and I'll give my sources "take" on the directional matter...

MSO

Sure.

astro_2gw_02_john_hw7876921620.gif

dr. farr

Considering the Part of Fortune as a key significator, its placement in the 7th whole sign house in Aquarius would indicate benefit from travel in a Northwest (Aquarius) to West (7th house) direction; dispositor of the POF, Saturn, is in a pitted degree so would not come into consideration; dominant Air element in chart also points to a Westerly direction (according to this elemental model Air=West, Fire=East, Water=North, Earth = South) Note also that the dispositor of the ascendant, the Sun, is posited in Libra, which sign also connects with the Western direction*.
So I would delineate these natal indications as suggesting the West/Northwest direction as the most benefic.

* Note: for me, early Libra Sun is NOT in Fall: I only consider the Sun in Fall within the 5 degree area of approx. 19 Libra; Sun here is also not in Via Combusta, and is in a Bright degree of Libra; therefore I do not consider the Sun to be in Fall here and only consider the Sun moderately detrimented in this cahr due to being in the cadent 3rd house and also in its house of sorrow)

MSO

Ugh god I hope I don't travel northwest... There's nothing there but Canada XD

I find the way you use certain degrees for fall interesting dr. farr. You have to expand on those some day, if you haven't already!

Blackempress

This is even interesting.. Didnt think you could predict Travel TOWARDs a direction. What does my Sag MC & Uranus in 9th/10th say about this? Can we predict Migrations? (I really wanna move WEST to UK permanently) Any way to Know?

socrates

Considering the Part of Fortune as a key significator, its placement in the 7th whole sign house in Aquarius would indicate benefit from travel in a Northwest (Aquarius) to West (7th house) direction; dispositor of the POF, Saturn, is in a pitted degree so would not come into consideration; dominant Air element in chart also points to a Westerly direction (according to this elemental model Air=West, Fire=East, Water=North, Earth = South) Note also that the dispositor of the ascendant, the Sun, is posited in Libra, which sign also connects with the Western direction*.
So I would delineate these natal indications as suggesting the West/Northwest direction as the most benefic.

* Note: for me, early Libra Sun is NOT in Fall: I only consider the Sun in Fall within the 5 degree area of approx. 19 Libra; Sun here is also not in Via Combusta, and is in a Bright degree of Libra; therefore I do not consider the Sun to be in Fall here and only consider the Sun moderately detrimented in this cahr due to being in the cadent 3rd house and also in its house of sorrow)
OOps tell me mine Dr Farr- is north favorable because fortune is in cancer'?
i have both benefics and malefics and s node in aquarus and capricorn so,not sure. Lilly would consider leo good too as norh node is there
fortune is opposite the capricorn planets though

thanks

Attachments

• paul.jpg
    paul.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

socrates

Arnie is a good example. fortune in aquarius in southwest,moved to california in the SW of US ,west from Austria,and was successful in spite of saturns opposition in detriment