• Education

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medicine and Healing

• Communications/PR/Fundraising

• Total voters

Styx

Saturn is representative of authority and abiding by the laws of society so in that way it can be supportive of a law career. OFten police personnel are Capricornian in nature. Mercury trine Saturn will give you the discipline to study and give a practical turn of mind.

I have stated that a filmmaking career involving scripts, editing and writing is so much more suited to you then law. But that is your decision.

I am writing short stories/scenarios, so I am def working on it. My dreamjob is to work in the filmindustry. I have too much fire to work in law:biggrin:. I hope the Universe is with me.
I appreciate your insights. I am curious to know what in my chart makes you say that? Is it my Mercury in the 10th house?

Last edited:
claire19,
In the second house indicates you can earn monies in this area and self worth is attached to that and is the meaning of the 2nd and TaurusVenus.
Jupiter in 2nd also likes property, let's not forget taurus naturally rules this houses and this gives them feelings of security to 'own' something :smile:

Also in Equal :love: Jupiter is in 3rd house of communications, even better placed for lawyers. Pluto conj MC absolutely wants control in 11th house of large organisations (which The Law Society in UK would be)
Mercury rules 6th and is square to ruler of M C pluto which can suggest obstacles or struggles but this aspect alone suggests great analytical abilities and researching aptitude but on the negative side could be 'verbal lacerations'
Ruler of 2nd Uranus in 12th suggests earning money behind the scenes or below the radar in technologies, computers, humanitarin matters that benefit society. Scorpio and Pluto are not usually 'limelighters' or attention seekers, for that I would look for something fiery or flamboyant like Leo and behold Mercury in Leo who likes the sound of her own voice :kissing:

Venus placed in virgo (not great) BUT in 9th house of higher education and the LAW - getting pleasure from 9th house matters

Saturn in 11th but conj 12th house cusp. Where do you feel you lack confidence and think you need to put extra work in? Saturn in 11th can confer older friends and few of them (I have this one) but it is retro suggests father was 'lacking' or missing or simply ineffectual in childhood by not setting boundaries and rules. This in 12th would amplify this interpretation...

Looking good, but don't let just astrology decide your future or fate, go with your own gut instinct. What brings you pleasure? venus in virgo in 8th OR 9th :love:

How you doing with T Pluto conj Asc -- feel any big changes yet??

Vagabondgirl

Isnt Libra typically associated with law? Wouldnt venus and 7th house have something to do with it then?

My friends studying law:
1) Sun Virgo
Moon Cancer
Mercury LIBRA
Venus/ Mars Leo
Jupiter/Uranus/Neptune Sagittarius
Saturn Scorpio

Mercury in libra sextile jupiter/uranus in sagi.
AC unknown.

2) Another girl I know I think has cancer stellium of sun/moon/Mercury/Mars and I know she has LIBRA rising. Venus in gemini.

3) Girl with:
Sun/Mercury in Leo
Moon/pluto in Scorpio
Mars/Neptune in Capricorn
Venus in LIBRA
Saturn/Uranus in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Pisces

Venus in libra receiving sextile from both mercury and saturn. Jupiter not so well aspected, square from uranus, but trine from moon.

I wanted to study law before, got into uni there. But it just didnt feel right:) I have sun in Libra. Venus/mars/moon in virgo and mercury in scorpio is more for medical studies I think, that I cant deny!

Goldstar

I agree. I thought the Libra symbol is recongized or associated with the legal field.

In my chart I have Mars, Venus, and Pluto all in a conjunction under the sign of Libra and all in the 6th house. I viewed the configuration like this: the image of Virgo (the 6th house the planets occupy) holding the judgement scales of Libra (the planet Venus) in one hand and the sword of truth and power from Scorpio (the planet Mars and Pluto) in the other, all while wearing the blindfold of faith. It would seemed that this could signify a job as an Attorney but others might have a different take as to what other vocation it imples. I've though about going into employment law but I'm not sure seeing my how Saturn is located in the 5th house under the sign of Virgo (a sign that also represents administrative work).

Personally, I just don't see Jupiter as an indictor of the legal field in general (real estate law maybe) but I could be wrong.

Choe

I think law IS Jupiter, but Saturn also.
Saturn is the form. Libra of course ,because/that's why Saturn is exalted in this sign.(justice,form)

I know many scorpios with mars and mercury in libra who are studying law, and leos with venus in libra.
Suns in libra can be drawn to law, but that's not enough. To see what you are great at, you must look at the ASC and chart ruler. 9th house as higher education only shows the circumstances,at least in my experience.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

These are some of the attributes of a well dignified Jupiter. One of the occupations that Jupiter rules is lawyers...among other things.

I thought lawyers were ruled by Libra which is the exaltation of Saturn. Can anyone post the source they're getting this from please? I can see Jupiter taking part in law since Jupiter also rules philosophy and both involve people arguing over formalities, but I'd still give Saturn and maybe Mercury and Venus (Venus because you have to appeal to the judges/jury/whoever) more influence over law. The Moon naturally rules the 7th house regardless of the sign in the 7th house so maybe the Moon would be part of it too. Isn't the 8th house ruled by Saturn the primary house for law, being between the 7th and 9th houses which are also related to law, and that property that houses always share part of their description with the houses next to them?

eedwards

I thought lawyers were ruled by Libra which is the exaltation of Saturn. Can anyone post the source they're getting this from please? I can see Jupiter taking part in law since Jupiter also rules philosophy and both involve people arguing over formalities, but I'd still give Saturn and maybe Mercury and Venus (Venus because you have to appeal to the judges/jury/whoever) more influence over law. The Moon naturally rules the 7th house regardless of the sign in the 7th house so maybe the Moon would be part of it too. Isn't the 8th house ruled by Saturn the primary house for law, being between the 7th and 9th houses which are also related to law, and that property that houses always share part of their description with the houses next to them?

You can read Deborah Holdings excellent article about Jupiter:http://http://www.skyscript.co.uk/astrology_jupiter.html

I hate posting links but don't have time at the moment to note specific sources and reasoning.

sequestra

I haven't read any other posts bar the initial, though I found this a compelling subject and so wanted to chime in with my own experience. Jupiter is my chart ruler, with my sag rising conjunct sag Jupiter in the 1st along with Uranus, and sag Neptune is also in the 1st. My pisces sun is square jupiter and thus jupiter also receives some reception this way (and hence in some manner this square is "saved" or rectified to a degree), and jupiter further sextiles my mercury and opposes my moon. It's just the strongest planet, no doubt about it.

I am 28 now, but I was a paralegal for several years and seemingly "excelled" in this profession. In truth, I began as a legal receptionist, was promoted to legal secretary, soon after that to legal clerk, followed by paralegal/office manager/PA to a senior partner, so yes, I certainly encountered luck in this arena. At that point I was 26, and quit when I met the love of my life (at work, but who was originally from overseas), and I moved overseas to follow the dream. I quickly found work there as a paralegal/PA again and the same rigmarole ensued. One of my bosses actually offered to pay me a working salary in addition to tuition fees in order to obtain a law degree and work for him as a solicitor under contract, so again I was highly fortunate in this sphere. I didn't take him up on it though, as my concerns were relationship-oriented (my downfall yet seeming reason for existence).

Prior to that at age 19 I commenced a double degree in law/psychology only to withdraw from it three months later due to a drug problem. The only reason I entered into the degree in the first place was because I had obtained the marks necessary to commence the double, in addition to law being my most highly ranked subject. It's weird though, because it has never been a point of particular passion for me, and yet something in which I found I was quite naturally adept. Psychology however, is my true love...

Anyhow, now at 28 years of age and unemployed, I could potentially have a fair few regrets in this regard, but I don't. As exciting as it could be, by and large law was too dry for me, and I continue to gravitate towards the healing professions, which is where I am sure I'll end up.

Choe

@ sequestra
your story confirms to me my observation that the Sun shows what we like and have passion about,and the asc(and its ruler) what we have luck at/are good at/are even destined.

Last edited:

sequestra

@ sequestra
your story confirms to me my observation that the Sun shows what we like and have passion about,and the asc(and its ruler) what we have luck at/are good at/are even destined.

Yeah, I certainly agree with the first bit, but perhaps it resonates ever-more strongly for me because my sun is in the same sign as is my venus/mars conjunction. I further agree that Jupiter signifies the area of fortune. But do you think the ascendant really indicates destiny? I thought that was the sun's impulse?

Choe

Yeah, I certainly agree with the first bit, but perhaps it resonates ever-more strongly for me because my sun is in the same sign as is my venus/mars conjunction. I further agree that Jupiter signifies the area of fortune. But do you think the ascendant really indicates destiny? I thought that was the sun's impulse?

I've heard from one astrologer this partition:Moon represents the past,Ascendent the present (what we are given,therefore-destiny), and Sun the future.

Though,I wouldn't dare to claim that we are incapable of changing our destiny :)

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

I've actually came to a similar idea before, but I used the Sun as being destiny because destiny is really something that's always in the future that I've never seen happen yet. I also put the Dragon's Head and Tail into my version with the Head being more Solar and the Tail being more Lunar, but that's not my original idea either.

Choe

It all depends how you see destiny.There are many aspects of it.

It can be the everyday life you can't escape(something like Murphey's law=no matter how hard you try to change it,it stays like that) ,it can be your family/roots etc.

For example,if you see it like the everyday life environment-that's 6th house :w00t:

In fact I'm really interested into the 6th house and your every day atmosphere!!

Rebel Uranian

Destiny is whatever we want to happen. Random events always come in to throw this off.

I thought everyday environment was a 3rd house matter. I guess the 6th house naturally ruled by Mercury is a better candidate than 3rd house naturally ruled by Mars (yes, I mean Mars.)

Murphy's Law - Anything that can go wrong, will. (This is your life if Saturn is considerably stronger than Jupiter on your chart.)

Claire19

I'm curious to know what people consider good aspects for law, beyond merely Jupiter associations. Granted this planet does, and I suppose rightfully so, represent law, and I'm not questioning THAT at all.

But what uniting forces can bring Jupiter into focus like that, to make someone interested in Jupiter-related things, as Jupiter represents a point we take pleasure in. I have Jupiter in Pisces, about to have my Jupiter Return, and I can't stop thinking about what matters to me and why I want to pursue it. How do we feel motivated to take part in something so benevolent? Is Jupiter really exalted in Pisces? I'm starting to doubt it. It feels a little like martyrdom.

And why would the planet associated with law be exalted in Pisces? Is it the spirit of the law which is supposed to motivate and compel us, as opposed to the actual laws we create, the written words as they are?

Also, having been in college with Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 12th house, I get really confused between Pisces and Sagittarius energies...

Anyway, just my thoughts...

mod.
I dont use exaltions and dignities etc. But Jupiter is the co ruler of Pisces and that can deal with criminal matters, incarceration as punishment and rehabilitation. The 12th house of self undoing, neuroses, addictions and weaknesses which stem from the past life habits. Remember the ruler of Pisces is Neptune.
Sagittarius rules the 9th of the judiciary, the ethics and morality of society and the higher law and the getting and dispensing of wisdom. Its co ruler is Neptune but that ties in with the spirituality and the seeking after the truth and developing a sense of faith in life.

Hope this helps to clarify things for you. Always attach the sun signs to their natural domain or house and you get a general idea.

Last edited:

Choe

Destiny is whatever we want to happen. Random events always come in to throw this off.

I thought everyday environment was a 3rd house matter. I guess the 6th house naturally ruled by Mercury is a better candidate than 3rd house naturally ruled by Mars (yes, I mean Mars.)

Murphy's Law - Anything that can go wrong, will. (This is your life if Saturn is considerably stronger than Jupiter on your chart.)

I know the parole of Murphy's law ,I just used a variation of it ,inspired from the many sides of the jinx.

Last edited:

Claire19

The 3rd house is our everyday contacts, neighbours, siblings, peers, school mates, our study groups, our short trips and travel. OUr general communication style and speech and IQ. It deals with print media, current news and local gossip. WHat mode of travel we use, our cars etc. Our phones, IPads, internet and mail.

THe 6th deals with our everyday needs and rituals for food, clothing and shelter and the work we do to gain those things. It is the house of service and everyday practicalities, techniques and efficiencies. It deals with our diet, hygiene issues and our domestic animals particularly if they give sustenance such as milk and meat.

Claire19

@ sequestra
THe sun is our basic character and ego.. Our sense of individual expression and who we are. Venus shows what we like and take pleasure in. The ascendant is the filter through which we see life and is our persona and what people see on first meeting. It is our mask and our beginnings and how we survive. Destiny is the whole chart really and in particular aspects with Saturn.....as our karmic debts and lessons.