Who here considers Uranus a difficult/malefic planet?

MaeMae

Banned
I've come to think that Uranus has an overwhelmingly negative influence. I'm sure he has important lessons for the collective, but in terms of individuals, I think his unpredictability makes his transits more anxiety-provoking than Saturn's.

what's negative about being a catalyst for change from the outdated, uninformed, stodgy, goat in the mud reality of saturn?
saturn and uranus work in harmony because saturn knows what's best for native and uranus sees the block in the road and with the two, change becomes crucial to life alignment.

burlinvermon

I consider Uranus of the nature of Mercury combined with Mars, and capable (like all planets) of both malefic and benefic qualities.
With my Mercury/Mars model, I regard Uranus dignfied in the domiciles of those 2 planets (Aries, Gemin, Virgo and Scorpio), and detrimented in the same signs as they are detrimented in (Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Pisces); however, I do not go so far as attempting to assign exaltation of Fall to Uranus (nor to the other outer planets)
what would a detrimented uranus mean ?

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
Burlin ~
Please!
You are unwilling of study. Look it up first. Read posts and responses. You have pestered Dr. Farr enough. As you did me.
DO THE WORK, will ya?
This is not Google Astro Community.
No one gets a HS diploma unless they've covered 9th grade. (U.S.)

burlinvermon

Burlin ~
Please!
You are unwilling of study. Look it up first. Read posts and responses. You have pestered Dr. Farr enough. As you did me.
DO THE WORK, will ya?
This is not Google Astro Community.
No one gets a HS diploma unless they've covered 9th grade. (U.S.)
dr. farr has his own method and that's what i was asking about.

im very willing of study and have read dozens of astrology books.

the only thing i asked you is to help us the horary beginners on the horary beginners thread, but you aren't helpful to the forum so you haven't helped us learn.

Inconjunct

what's negative about being a catalyst for change from the outdated, uninformed, stodgy, goat in the mud reality of saturn?
saturn and uranus work in harmony because saturn knows what's best for native and uranus sees the block in the road and with the two, change becomes crucial to life alignment.

Sue Tompkins makes the interesting point that the product of decayed uranium is lead. Thus Uranus's metal turns into that of Saturn. Thus is it with these two planets - what was once new and innovative becomes established and traditional over time.

I don't trust Uranus, that's the bottom line.

poyi

Premium Member
I challenge those who has problem with Uranus to interpret how malefic Uranus is in Albert Einstein's chart.

Uranus brings out destruction so as revolution, reformation, unconventional ideas, genius, awaken the blind, breakthrough of foolish traditions, rebirth and all kinds of unexpected.

It surely has impact on a personal natal chart. For those against the use of Uranus because they have not studied enough. I am a new beginner. I have not learned enough but for a beginner like myself won't deny the important of Uranus. Each planet has it own both positive and negative meanings. Don't limit yourself just because you haven't understand yet. I said this to myself everyday.

I myself have Sagittarius Uranus in 3rd house which conjuncts my Sagittarius Jupiter in 4th and conjuncts IC & SN. I consider myself to be odd/unique and I rebel to those who is failed to proof me wrong.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...PZkj4kvYfi24xr8_otlzQPLHlxw7TykVyamF7ND1FqNcU

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
dr. farr has his own method and that's what i was asking about.

im very willing of study and have read dozens of astrology books.

the only thing i asked you is to help us the horary beginners on the horary beginners thread, but you aren't helpful to the forum so you haven't helped us learn.

consider this a uranian moment ~

burlin -
you have persistently pm'd me, asking me rudimentary questions that even an ounce of study on your own part would remedy. in your horary, you relentlessly ignored the responses to your post and asked for more and more, even dr. farr had to cut you off, and s/he has the patience of a saint.
i perceive you as a **** and my ignore list now includes your name.

~ forgive this diversion, but i needed to address it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaeMae

Banned
Sue Tompkins makes the interesting point that the product of decayed uranium is lead. Thus Uranus's metal turns into that of Saturn. Thus is it with these two planets - what was once new and innovative becomes established and traditional over time.

absolutely! uranus is a fixed planet and look!, we've got dick cheney's and sarah palin in our tribe. the key of uranus is shaking up, dis-settling and putting a new idea, concept or way of thinking into effect. the manager of the change, however, is saturn. consider the russian revolution and the fall of communism ~ over 70 years of uranus/saturn influence.
the two are always joined at the hip in social change that lasts. but even uranus is willing to change horse midstream when he realizes that "it's not working" or if something has calcified into a rut.
his methods can leave bruises and scars, however, he doesn't waste his time on idle pursuits. any "weird" ideas learned or expressed are intellectually strengthening to native and at best, opens horizons to new ways of living more authentically as self.
he forces us to take a stand, if for no other reason than to designate a new starting point.

Zaphod

Interesting. I worked in the nuclear field for over 30 years and didn't know this. Turns out it's the natural, or unenriched, uranium isotope (U-235) that turns into a lead isotope (Pb-207) through decay over time. This phenomenon is used in dating the age of fossils.

Munch

In general, it does not give material success. Most of the people under influence of this planet don't make money they deserve. Strong Uranians probably make 10-20% of their talent. With the same talent, a Jupiterian will be making 200-500% easily.

No kidding.

Singleton Uranus in the 2nd sextile Mars in Aquarius in the 5th. :annoyed:

Money? What money?

It's a good thing that I don't care that much, so long as I can pay my bills, eat and squirrl some away for a rainy day I am happy.

Carris

Uranus is the future, the higher consciousness, the highly advanced dimensions. I don't think anyone could symbolize uranus better than Nikola Tesla.

The forgotten father of technology, the forgotten genius of electricity, and master of lightning, Tesla invented and paved the way for the modern electrical world.

Many people think that electrical conveniences were made possible by well-known people like Thomas Edison or Guglielmo Marconi, but it was really Nikola Tesla. He invented AC power, fluorescent light, the bladeless turbine, the precursor to radar, the hydroelectric generator, the rotary engine, and much more besides. He has been called 'the God of Lightning' because of his daring experiments with human-made thunderbolts.

A millionnaire at the age of 40, Tesla gave away almost all of his royalties on future inventions and would have been the world's first billionnaire if it weren't for his wider vision and humanity. He is regarded as a bad role model financially, however this could well be a mistake of our narrow perception. We live in a materialistic society that is organised around competing for scarce resources, whereas Tesla saw the obvious: nature is abundant and there is ample for all. He simply didn't fit into the prevailing limited economic model of our time.

Tesla had Uranus exactly conjunct his ascendent. He was born during a thunderstorm in the middle of the night, prompting the midwife to remark that the baby must be a child of the storm.

Nikola wrote in his autobiography about how his mind worked. He would see flashes of light (Uranus) that interfered with his physical vision, and when he heard a word spoken (Mercury) he would see the object so clearly (Uranus) that he had trouble distinguishing between the imagined object and the real object. This is partly due to his intensely focused and highly developed Uranian nature, and partly due to the midpoints that his Uranus is involved with that signify tremendous visionary and audio-visual potential. These are Tesla's Uranus midpoints:

• Uranus = Sun/Neptune - light and imagination
  • Uranus = Mercury/Jupiter - thought and vision
  • Uranus = Venus/Neptune - art and imagination
  • Uranus = Jupiter/Saturn - vision and reality

Moog

These are Tesla's Uranus midpoints:

I'm not all that familiar with midpoints. Does the format above show that Uranus in Tesla's chart was conjunct all of those midpoints?

Zaphod

These are Tesla's Uranus midpoints:

Midpoint analysis is one of the tools I use regularly, and I always keep Reinhold Ebertin's "Combination of Stellar Influences" close to hand. Here are some alternative meanings. I would be interested in knowing whether you have a newer source than Ebertin. Many of his interpretations come across as pessimistic, gloomy or downright morbid; I tried to pick the more upbeat ones.

Sun/Neptune: Receptiveness to all impressions, an active imagination, the faculty of enthusiasm
Sun/Neptune = Uranus: Sudden upsets or excitements, nervousness

Mercury/Jupiter: Constructive intellect, wealth of ideas, an active mind, optimism
Mercury/Jupiter = Uranus: Inquisitiveness and curiosity, interest in novelties. quickness on the uptake, the ability to have a good answer when being challenged

Venus/Neptune: A person easily influenced, a dreamy nature, good taste, high ideals
Venus/Neptune = Uranus: Impressionability or an easy susceptibility to external impressions, periodic extravagances

Jupiter/Saturn: Patience, perseverance, industry, tenacious pursuit of one's plans
Jupiter/Saturn = Uranus: Strong emotional tensions, a frequent change of mood, sudden change in circumstance, making great effort, a change of residence, a change of occupation

sequestra

Considering Uranus malefic is an outdated and restrictive concept, and a good example of what turns me off *some* traditionalist astrologers. I don't see any planet as entirely malefic or entirely positive. Afterall, Jupiter can do a good job of expanding one's waistline too. :annoyed:

I have Uranus in Sag in 1st conjunct my ascendant by 2, conjunct Jupiter by 0.13, square my sun, opposing my moon and sextile mercury in aqua.

Most of those aspects feel so deeply embedded that it's hard for me to pick them apart - except for the moon opposition - which is the only one I feel has malefic proclivities in me, in the sense that I haven't properly learned to control it and it causes me to go hot/cold somewhat erratically.

I guess with it on my AC and square my sun I can be somewhat perverse at times and definitely enjoy the 'shock factor', but I don't necessarily perceive these tendencies as negative. They have the capacity to be, yes, but when tempered appropriately they can also add a bit of flair and interest to one's life.

Inconjunct

I'm not all that familiar with midpoints. Does the format above show that Uranus in Tesla's chart was conjunct all of those midpoints?

No, it needn't mean that. It means that Uranus was in contact by aspect with those midpoints, and in Ebertin's work that could mean a conjunction, an opposition or a square. In Uranian astrology, they also use semi-squares and a 22 degree 30 minute aspect.

Zaphod

I'm watching the Foster Gamble film Thrive! and there is a short section on Nikola Tesla in it. There is a youthful picture of him, and he looks sensitive and refined in the extreme, everything that Ebertin attributes to the midpoint combinations.

Cloverskies77

Im really impressed with everyones posts on Uranus. I feel like Uranus and I are good friends. Being a Aquarius Sun I have alot of Uranian qualities. I never cared what people thought of how I dressed or looked since I was young. I just do my own thing. I have also had so much change in my life,,,,my Uranus is 29 degrees which makes me able to handle change quite well. I have Sun trine Uranus which I was told by my teacher is usually fond in alot of astrologers charts. I also have Uranus sextile Neptune which makes me interested in the occult and mystical pursuits. Gives imagination for artistic pursuits. Uranus conjunct pluto makes independance very important to me. Uranus is also conjunct my ascendent makes highly developed intuitive faculties. I really feel quite at home with this planet,,although I know many people do not like the unpredictable ,unexpected change it can create.

poyi

Premium Member
Im really impressed with everyones posts on Uranus. I feel like Uranus and I are good friends. Being a Aquarius Sun I have alot of Uranian qualities. I never cared what people thought of how I dressed or looked since I was young. I just do my own thing. I have also had so much change in my life,,,,my Uranus is 29 degrees which makes me able to handle change quite well. I have Sun trine Uranus which I was told by my teacher is usually fond in alot of astrologers charts. I also have Uranus sextile Neptune which makes me interested in the occult and mystical pursuits. Gives imagination for artistic pursuits. Uranus conjunct pluto makes independance very important to me. Uranus is also conjunct my ascendent makes highly developed intuitive faculties. I really feel quite at home with this planet,,although I know many people do not like the unpredictable ,unexpected change it can create.

If there isn't any surprise in life. It would be as boring as eating white bread with no butter on it. :smile: We need those Shocking Factors!