Career

Abby83

So i'd like to give myself more independence than being with my children all the time. I want to redevelop my career/source of income. All of my life my jobs have relied upon my body to obtain income. I've always been the physical type and my looks were always an advantage for that which suited at the time.

But ive changed. My heart isn't in those jobs I used to have. My heart just isn't interested. I couldn't even force myself to do it. Right now my heart is in writing and publishing books. I'm enjoying it. But I'm not sure if I can make a career out of it.

So I'm curious, based on my natal chart, do you think I could make a career out of the writing? Or do you see something else I could do as a career?

If I look at the chart, yes, I have always seen the obvious that in modern terms, the 5th ruler is Neptune in the house of money. So my hobbies become profitable. If I look at traditional, my 5th and 2nd ruler are the same - in rulership and abundant Jupiter. I see this as meaning the same thing. That I can use any hobby of mine to make good money.

Then I look at the 10th as the career. 10th ruler is the sun. Yes I can see it trines north node in 7th. The sun is in the 12th house of fantasy and imagination and dreams. It is in Saturn's sign of exaltation and Saturn is the 3rd ruler. I think this may be a good indication that writing will benefit. It semisextiles my hopes and wishes and my 5th.

please let me know your thought. thanks.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_abby83.84404.2485.jpg
    astro_2gw_abby83.84404.2485.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 35

Lottowinner3883

With the Sag emphasis/stellium you should be able to publish, but Youtube publishing would probably boost your writing. It sounds like you're trying to say that others find you attractive and a visual medium such as Youtube would work to your advantage and allow you to publish in seclusion (10th lord in 12th). While attracting viewers you would be able to promote your writing and never have to deal directly with the public which might be desirable to someone with 12th house emphasis.

Lottowinner3883

Also, neptune in 2nd (in Sag) - money from motion pictures/art/photography, creative writing books. Leo midheaven - acting/drama, public spotlight.

Abby83

Omg yesss!!! How good is this response. U are so right. Wow. Thanks for the idea. Just curious, how do u see me promoting my book on youtube? Like I'm just trying to visualise what u mean. Just advertising? Or reading it?

Last edited:

Lottowinner3883

I would say that you would need to create your channel.

I would make a video on things that interest you about 3-30 minutes long.
Here are some ideas:
1)a video about how to write
2)a video about how to get published
3)a video about creative inspiration
4)videos about books or publications you enjoy and a critique of them

Now at the end of every video you are going to have your commercial about 30 secs - 1 min long that says "check out my book or checkout my bookstore." Every video will have a link to where they can buy your books. Also you can consider creating a Patreon account where people can donate.

The videos you create don't necessarily have to have anything to do with the books you've written. The videos are just something you do for fun that allows you to attach an ad at the end for your books - just like TV shows are just content designed to attract viewers for advertisements. The real content of any show is the ads - there is no show without them.

As time goes on you will have followers that have their own channel and you can be a guest on their channel and talk about your books and they can be a guest on your channel and talk about themselves. It allows you to have greater reach.

Essentially the channel is something that has a life of its own where you can create short videos about anything that interests you at the moment and has a short plug at the end of your video for your books. People will take an interest in you, your videos, and then your books. If they are already familiar with your books, now they can view interactive content with the author.
And yes, you can devote videos to discussions of books you have written.

Abby83

Thank you so much for your great advice. I really appreciate it. Its exactly what I needed to hear :). When the time comes, hopefully in a year, I'll be able to do this.

Lottowinner3883

I am glad the advice was helpful to you. You will have to provide a link to your Youtube channel in this thread after you create the channel so that Astrologers' Community people can check it out! Good luck!