Transiting Saturn and Jupiter aspects

andromeda351

Hi all

Transiting Saturn in Capricorn in my natal 2nd/3rd house cusp will square my Sun-Mars-Venus (1 deg orb) stellium in Aries in 5th/6th house cusp. Interestingly Jupiter in Saggitarius will trine my Aries stellium and my midheaven in Leo.

I never had a good time with the Saturn transits. With Jupiter thrown into the mix, does that mean the redemptive quality of Saturn will be reduced by the self indulgent Jupiter?

Thanks in advance.

Lin

I call it "modifying". Saturn is about learning and structure, Jupiter is about expansion and growth. Depending upon a LOT of other indications, you can have 2 different dynamics happening at the same time.

Are you thinking of changing jobs or careers? Or working more or less hours?
LIN

andromeda351

Yes I've been thinking about changing career. I'm holding a pretty senior managerial position in a large company and I've been exploring alternatives to making a living for the past few years - perhaps becoming an indie software developer building something useful for the masses or a more technical role that does not involve managing others.

I've been feeling pretty upbeat about this till I realize the upcoming Saturn transit might mean to tread with caution. The last time I had Saturn squaring my Aries Stellium was 14 years ago and I recalled I was extremely unhappy over the state of my career. I've put in many years of effort to get to where I am now and it seems like a massive undoing to just step down or quit. However I know I have not been enjoying my work for some time and I wouldn't want to regret not trying out something different.

Lin

You may be thinking too narrowly. Where do you want to be in 3 years? In 5 years?
What do you want your DAY to look like? What do you want your free time to look like? What things have you given up while you have been career building?

Do anything on impulse is bad. If you make big decisions in your life because of something you feel, you had been FEEL that way every day for months. Because if you are vacillating, it means you should not make that decision.

If you think you are missing out on something, does that thing fall into the category of career or "personal" life?

It would really help if you posted your chart with current transits. Then my advice may be more specific.
LIN