Resolving a Square aspect

Mister Skeleton

Greetings everyone. The reason I made this topic is because I'm looking for some advice on how one can resolve a square in a birth chart. I've read that a square in astrology is an inherent conflict in one's personality, but I can't find any info on how to integrate a square. I'm specifically looking for a way to resolve Sun Square Saturn. Sun in Scorpio Square Saturn in Aquarius. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks.

StillOne

I would reference your progressed chart. It will show you how your chart has changed, and you have evolved, since the square.

Osamenor

Staff member
First, you need to know what conflicts you actually have to resolve. How do you see your Sun/Saturn square manifesting in your life?

Another question is how tight the square is, and whether it's separating or applying. Sun moves faster than Saturn, so if your Sun is at an earlier degree of Scorpio than your Saturn is of Aquarius, it's an applying square, and it will be much stronger in your life. If Sun is at a later degree than Saturn, it's separating, and the wider the orb is, the less you'd feel it.

JUPITERASC

Greetings everyone.
The reason I made this topic is because I'm looking for some advice
on how one can resolve a square in a birth chart.
I've read that a square in astrology
is an inherent conflict in one's personality, but
I can't find any info on how to integrate a square.
SQUARES have different delineation dependent on several factors
Squares may be DEXTER squares
or
SINISTER squares

EXAMPLE
(a) Sun in Capricorn is in the SINISTER position

in 4th from Saturn in Libra

(b) Saturn in Libra is in the DEXTER position

in 10th from Sun in Capricorn

dexter - adj.
1. Of or located on the right side.
2. Heraldry Situated on or being the side of a shield
on the wearer's right and the observer's left.
3. Auspicious, favorable.

sinister - adj.
1. Suggesting or threatening evil: a sinister smile.
2. Presaging trouble; ominous: sinister storm clouds.
3. Attended by or causing disaster or inauspicious circumstances.
4. On the left side, left.
5. Heraldry Situated on or being the side of a shield on the wearer's left and the observer's right.
6. Archaic (of signs, omens, etc.) unfavourable

Lilly says ".....Observe the dexter aspect is more forcible than the Sinister....."

Astrological philosophy recognises a planet's daily movement
from east to west, as a more fundamental movement
than its progress through the zodiac:

dexter literally means '...of the right...'

and sinister '...of the left...'.

As a sign rises
its gaze is said to be directed
towards the signs that rose before it,
so that Aries looks forward towards Aquarius by sextile
Capricorn by square and Sagittarius by trine.

A dexter aspect, because it follows the diurnal motion
and is therefore more direct
is stronger than a sinister one
and more likely to produce favourable results.

A sinister aspect
because it is issued against the natural movement of heaven
and has to 'look backwards'
is weaker and somewhat debilitated.

In ancient symbolism the direction right
was often considered to be a positive influence
whilst the direction left was associated with enemies and weakness.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/dexter.html
scrolling down
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects.html#sd
one finds even more
detailed explanations and comments

I'm specifically looking for a way
to resolve Sun Square Saturn.

Sun in Scorpio Square Saturn in Aquarius.
Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks.
Generalisation may be fun - but unreliable
and so

important to consider the NATURE OF THE PLANETS
Robert Schmidt - DECEASED December 2018 - of Project Hindsight http://www.projecthindsight.com/ explains nature of the planets

The Sun’s nature is to select:smile:
The Moon’s nature is to gather and include

Mercury’s nature is to contest and to destabilize

Venus’ nature is to reconcile and to unify

Mars’ nature is to sever and to separate :smile:
Jupiter’s nature is to confirm and stabilize

Saturn’s nature is to reject and exclude :smile:

Mister Skeleton

First, you need to know what conflicts you actually have to resolve. How do you see your Sun/Saturn square manifesting in your life?

Another question is how tight the square is, and whether it's separating or applying. Sun moves faster than Saturn, so if your Sun is at an earlier degree of Scorpio than your Saturn is of Aquarius, it's an applying square, and it will be much stronger in your life. If Sun is at a later degree than Saturn, it's separating, and the wider the orb is, the less you'd feel it.

It's at an earlier degree than Saturn for sure. The way it's manifested for me thus far is in a series of delays in my life plans/goals. In my case I started school late and finished school late due to having to repeat school years. Started working late also. Still haven't gotten my driver's license thanks to the life circumstances making it harder for me to get it, and I really do want to get my license before studying abroad. I was even planning on studying art abroad and then Covid happened. I really don't want to be stuck living where I'm at for the rest of my life either, I want to go live elsewhere. Heck, I was planning on looking for another job since the one I have doesn't pay much and I want to save up for my study plans, but now with the current situation most places aren't even hiring at the moment, now I'm earning less than what I used to, which wasn't much to begin with since the place I work at is trying to save money.

Every single time some setback happens. It's not exactly easy to deal with, especially when you see people you knew so much more ahead in life than you, though, I try not to let it bother me, but easier said than done, especially when you also have to hear things from imbeciles like: 'What, you're 26 and you're still not married? What are you waiting for?' or 'You're 26 and you still don't have your license?' regularly.

Sorry for sounding like I'm ranting. xD But I thought if I explained my situation it could help with reading my chart.

I've attached my natal chart with the current transits and progressions. Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• Transits.jpg
    Transits.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Progression.jpg
    Progression.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: