Would I get job in USA

dhundhun

I am sort of taking early retirement and in the process of going back to India. However, thoughts keeps on coming for spending more time in USA, few months, or 1-2 years. This "spending more time" is dependent now on getting job offer.

So this question is purely YES or NO - Would I get job in USA?

attachment.php

10th lord Mars is exalted still on cusp of 1st. But Moon's trine is over. Perhaps this is negative.

However, Par Fortuna is in 10th and Moon is going to make sextile. Mercury as well as Sun conjunct Par Fortuna (and conjuncts Saturn also, after Sun). Par Fortuna can act as Job/Career.

The ASC lord is is combust. So this is negative.

Please analyze and provide me inputs.

Thanks

Attachments

• Q-Job-2014-11-16.jpg
    Q-Job-2014-11-16.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

rafaella

Saturn (you) is angular and has mutual reception with job ruler Mars, which is great so perhaps you have good qualifications that employers would like. But no aspect. And yes as you noted, Saturn is combust, so it looks like you might not be clear with what you want, there is something that occupies you and overwhelms you, so that real focus is missing.

Moon is also in 8th, why is that? 8th generally means interest in 'other people's money' or some fear/concerns. 8th is a malefic house, Moon has also no dignity and no applying aspect with Mars.

So I'm thinking it is unlikely that you'll get a job where you are... sorry mate :(

cheers!

tikana

i aint see this at all

First .. what is mars doing in your 12th! it shouldn't be there
then you got merc getting to mars - visa problems?

there is just nothing connecting 10th house to 1st or moon to the 10th!

dhundhun

Thanks rafaella and tikana

I see answer as no. I've green card, so no visa issue.

Also trying to understand role of Par Fortuna.

dhundhun

so what's mars repesenting?

Mars is lord of 10th. It is in 12th, but might be on cusp of 1st. It has been traditions to allow five degrees for cusp and few allowed ten degrees, if it is cardinal house. Thereby (cardinal + exalted) it may be on the cusp of 1st.

Even if Mars is considered on cusp, the second issue is than Moon is separating. That implies matter is already decided, which I don't know. I am doubtful about it.

Mars squared by Uranus represents my job. I am in embedded software area, much of job is like fire fighting to deliver in time. I have been reviving dead products by fixing issue (Pluto's influence might indicate that). 12th house might represent encryption and data security aspects with embedded devices as well. So I'd say, Mars with aspects and position can represent my job. I know you don't like to include trans - saturniens in horary, but I mentioned it for clarity.

Last edited:

rafaella

Dhundhun,

I doubt fortuna can help you here, foruna shows what you treasure or what is important to you, being in 10th well, the job would be very important to you now. I think Mercury at the cusp of 10th may indicate the type of job, as its computer work, Mercury rules computers. Perhaps we could even use Mercury as a secondary significator for the job as well (its also within 5 degree of the cusp), there is still no aspect to Saturn.

Mars is almuten of ASC, and some astrologers continuously use the almuten rather than the main significators. I've seen Lehman use this method especially if the main significator is debilitated, but in my experience using this will just bring on confusion and no real outcome.

But if we try use the almuten, Mars as you and Mercury as the job, there is an aspect showing something coming up. But Moon is still in 8th, still bad shape and applying to Sun that rejects it. So it doesn't quite work out.

Now I remember you had an old chart about a job which didn't quite indicate a job either, right?

You can try and keep applying, give it a few months and if nothing comes up, maybe then decide what to do next.

I wish you all the best! Let us know if anything comes up.

tsmall

Premium Member
Ladies (and dhundhun) I'm going to play devil's advocate a little bit here, so please forgive me and don't think that I'm just challenging you.

rafaella, you said,

Saturn (you) is angular and has mutual reception with job ruler Mars, which is great so perhaps you have good qualifications that employers would like. But no aspect.

If we look at moiety of orb, Mars is applying to Saturn and that aspect is only out of orb by like 1.5 degrees. In any case, I think and argument could be made that the "job"/ruler of the 10th is applying to Saturn, and we do have a bit of emplacement in that L1 is in the 10th. It could potentially be said that L10 is in the 1st sign, as the OP and the astrologer taking responsibility for the chart seem to view it that way (the symbolism is for the astrolger who asks the question), then we have L1 in 10 and L10 in 1 and we don't need much else. Emplacement often trumps an aspect any day.

And yes as you noted, Saturn is combust, so it looks like you might not be clear with what you want, there is something that occupies you and overwhelms you, so that real focus is missing.

The Sun/Saturn conjunction as the Moon's next aspect troubles me a bit to interpret. In one sense, we have Moon translating between Mars and...the Sun, but conjunctions aren't the same as aspects. Every text stresses this point, without really going into why they are different. Conjunctions are bodily joinings. So we could say that Moon is trying to translate between Mars and Saturn with the Sun technically prohibiting. At the same time, because they are so closely conjoined, we could also say that Moon is translating between Sun/Saturn due to the nature of the conjuntion.

Moon is also in 8th, why is that? 8th generally means interest in 'other people's money' or some fear/concerns. 8th is a malefic house, Moon has also no dignity and no applying aspect with Mars.

I think it was Bonatti who said that Moon in 8th is an indication that the question is valid. I don't remember the exact quote. They also say that the Moon does fairly well in the 8th. You have probably hit the nail on the head with fears/concerns. I'm more inclined to look at Saturn's combustion, because that means that it does not matter if we have an applying aspect from anyone. Planets that are combust or retrograde return. Meaning they cannot accept anything that is being pushed to them by an applying planet and will return it, either with or without corruption.

To understand the nature of the combustion we have to look at the houses/signs the Sun rules in order to see where the "burning" is coming from. In this case, we have Sun ruling Leo, intercepted in the 7th, with Jupiter also applying to Saturn from the 7th. That aspect will not perfect, because Jupiter is almost in his degree of 1st station.

We could also look at this chart from the perspective of stay (4th house) or go (7th house) because that really is what it boils down to. And in this case it looks like stay might be the better bet based on the condition of the 7th house ruler vs. the condition of the 4th house ruler.

It's almost like...dhundhun will receive a job offer but reject it (Mars applying to combust Saturn even with MR; Moon applying to combust Saturn with Saturn rejecting)initially.

Dhundhun, what is the nature of the thoughts that keep coming to want you to stay in the US rather than go back to India? That might be the key to the whole thing.

tikana

Tsmall

I was questioning US visa situation but he has a green card .. it is basically just like US citizenship just cannot vote for now!

Grin

dhundhun

Dhundhun, what is the nature of the thoughts that keep coming to want you to stay in the US rather than go back to India? That might be the key to the whole thing.

Financially it does not matter - if I work in US or go back and retire in India.

There is social and family pressure and my wish also to have US citizenship. For that I need about a year.