Does having Venus in Pisces make a person weak?

IleneK

Premium Member
How would I find out my symbol? I'm still new to astrology so some of this information is new to me.

There are a number of interpretations of the degrees in the chart. My favorite, and the one that I think PV excerpted from is An Astrological Mandala by Dane Rudhyar. You can view it on amazon.

ChildOfVenus

So the book will show how to find the degrees in the chart? I tried to find it looking at the chart on astro.com.
There are a number of interpretations of the degrees in the chart. My favorite, and the one that I think PV excerpted from is An Astrological Mandala by Dane Rudhyar. You can view it on amazon.

Phoenix Venus

So the book will show how to find the degrees in the chart? I tried to find it looking at the chart on astro.com.

If you go to astro.com click "horoscopes" then "extended chart section" then click to see your natal chart. On the bottom there is a list of planets with the degrees next to them.

Phoenix Venus

Ok so you look to the next number up (since asto.com labels their degrees 0-29 and Rudhyar labelled them 1-30) so its pisces 29

"PISCES 29°): LIGHT BREAKING INTO MANY COLORS THROUGH A PRISM.

KEYNOTE: The analytical power of the mind necessary for the formulation of life processes in their many aspects.

Cycles of existence begin in unity and end in what I have called "multi-unity." At the stage of consummation the many individual differences are totaled; they constitute a sum. Within that sum — a unified total — the inevitability of the future process of differentiation is implied, because every cycle leaves a mass of waste products slowly returning to the unconscious state of chemical matter, of "humus." What the symbol tells us is that unity will always break again into multiplicity. The "prism" is always there. There is no absolute unity; if anything could be called "absolute" it is the relationship between the One and the Many.

This fourth stage symbol of the concluding five-fold sequence of phases points to the fundamental type of operation in all modes of existence. The most beautiful and seemingly everlasting experience of unity will in time be superseded by the need to attend to a multiplicity of details. Existence implies DIFFERENTIATION."

What degree is it at?

Hey Phoenix Venus, the Sabian symbols sounds interesting, I've came across them before on this forum. I take it there's a symbol for every planet/degree there is on a chart..? What's the most important symbols? Could you copy the description down for Venus 25 Pisces?

Phoenix Venus

Hey Phoenix Venus, the Sabian symbols sounds interesting, I've came across them before on this forum. I take it there's a symbol for every planet/degree there is on a chart..? What's the most important symbols? Could you copy the description down for Venus 25 Pisces?

Hi bluebell. Yes there is a symbol for each degree of the zodiac.

They are all important in their own right but there are some that are much more attuned and spritually poignant than others. I couldnt list them all it just comes with experience working with them.

Notably the 4 cardinal points (aries, cancer, libra and capricorn 1) are quite significant as they represent the equinox and solstice points.

The commonly known approach to the zodiac starts at aries one and culminates at pisces thirty. The 360 symbols represent the full process of material ingression or becomed more immersed with earth.

And there is a more esoteric progression of the zodiac that starts at virgo thirty and goes backwards around the horoscope, culminating at libra one. This represent the process of spiritual evolution for humanity.

So the first step of spiritual evolution starts at virgo 30 and the symbol is "TOTALLY INTENT UPON COMPLETING AN IMMEDIATE TASK, A MAN IS DEAF TO ANY ALLUREMENT.

KEYNOTE: The total concentration required for reaching any spiritual goal.CONQUEST OF ILLUSION."

And the final step at libra one is "IN A COLLECTION OF PERFECT SPECIMENS OF MANY BIOLOGICAL FORMS, A BUTTERFLY DISPLAYS THE BEAUTY OF ITS WINGS, ITS BODY IMPALED BY A FINE DART.

KEYNOTE: The immortal archetypal reality that a perfect and dedicated life reveals.
The perfect form of man is MADE SACRED."

... So there are some very heavy implications there. Evolution starts with a focus and ends at the perfect archetypal form..

When you say post the symbol for pisces 25, i assume you mean astro lists the degree at 25.xx?? (just clarifying because that would be the 26th degree of pisces...anything from 0.01-0.59 is 1 pisces, etc.)

PISCES 26°): WATCHING THE VERY THIN MOON CRESCENT APPEARING AT SUNSET, DIFFERENT PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THE TIME HAS COME TO GO AHEAD WITH THEIR DIFFERENT PROJECTS.

KEYNOTE: A keen appreciation of the value of individualized responses to any challenge of life.

The rather obscure original notation for this zodiacal degree, "A new moon that divides its influences," when translated into practical terms refers to the fact that, confronted with the opportunity to expand their energy along new lines, modern individuals will react according to their own personal characters. One basic cosmic-spiritual impulse will lead these varied personalities to take equally varied steps. In any society that glorifies individualism, everyone should therefore accept this fact and not try to compel other individuals to conform to a single pattern of response.

This first symbol of the seventy-second and last series of five stresses the essential nature of the cyclic process of actualization of human potential, i.e. the emergence of the individual (cf. symbol for Phase 1). This should lead to a realization of THE FALLACY OF TOTALITARIANISM:at times we can all act like despots, demanding that others react to any situation exactly as we do."

You can read Rudhyar's book of the symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", here:

http://www.mindfire.ca/An%20Astrological%20Mandala/An%20Astrological%20Mandala%20-%20Contents.htm

Thanks Phoenix Venus, and for the link to the book! Yes I meant the degree Astro.com gave me, so it was the right symbol! Once I get a handle on how to 'synthesize' the areas of a chart into a proper reading, I can imagine I will find the Sabian symbols really useful, as I'll definetely take the more psychological approach to chart reading. It will help piece together a story about the person. Kinda like tarot cards, with an actual bit of science behind it. Right now, the symbols descriptions are quite obscure, but only because of the language and metaphors.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you is this a good or bad thing?
Ok so you look to the next number up (since asto.com labels their degrees 0-29 and Rudhyar labelled them 1-30) so its pisces 29

"PISCES 29°): LIGHT BREAKING INTO MANY COLORS THROUGH A PRISM.

KEYNOTE: The analytical power of the mind necessary for the formulation of life processes in their many aspects.

Cycles of existence begin in unity and end in what I have called "multi-unity." At the stage of consummation the many individual differences are totaled; they constitute a sum. Within that sum — a unified total — the inevitability of the future process of differentiation is implied, because every cycle leaves a mass of waste products slowly returning to the unconscious state of chemical matter, of "humus." What the symbol tells us is that unity will always break again into multiplicity. The "prism" is always there. There is no absolute unity; if anything could be called "absolute" it is the relationship between the One and the Many.

This fourth stage symbol of the concluding five-fold sequence of phases points to the fundamental type of operation in all modes of existence. The most beautiful and seemingly everlasting experience of unity will in time be superseded by the need to attend to a multiplicity of details. Existence implies DIFFERENTIATION."

Phoenix Venus

Thanks Phoenix Venus, and for the link to the book! Yes I meant the degree Astro.com gave me, so it was the right symbol! Once I get a handle on how to 'synthesize' the areas of a chart into a proper reading, I can imagine I will find the Sabian symbols really useful, as I'll definetely take the more psychological approach to chart reading. It will help piece together a story about the person. Kinda like tarot cards, with an actual bit of science behind it. Right now, the symbols descriptions are quite obscure, but only because of the language and metaphors.

Yes the symbols are very accurate (divinely so!) Make sure to look up the symbols for your axis as they are important in your life path. Ac = WHO, DC = WHOM-TO, or who you are becoming, the IC is the spiritual WHY (mundane how) and the MC is the spiritual HOW (mundane why) or how you can progress from the Ac to the DC. But in order for these symbols to be right you have to be VERY accurate with the birth time.

They can be used as a form of divination, too. I think he has a chapter in the book on how to use them them in conjunction with a standard deck of cards.

Have fun with them, they and the arabic lots have completely changed my perceptions on astrology and what it's capable of telling. Lots of light :)

Phoenix Venus

Thank you is this a good or bad thing?

That my dear only you can say.

Btw, i wanted to say. My venus is technically in fall (or detriment? I cant recall, i dont study the signs so much anymore) in scorpio and i have the opposite opinion of you. I believe that everyone is deserving of unconditional love.

Btw, i wanted to say. My venus is technically in fall (or detriment? I cant recall, i dont study the signs so much anymore) in scorpio and i have the opposite opinion of you. I believe that everyone is deserving of unconditional love.

Yes, I wanted to say the same thing as well!! As Venus Pisces in 6th house, I forgive easily. I guess we are all human, and just because people make mistakes or bad choices, it doesn't mean they are bad people. Discretion is good, but you can choose not to be friends with someone, but still believe in them as people.

I think not believing everyone is worthy of unconditional love, says more about how you feel about yourself, than other people. Maybe someone has made you feel you are not worthy of unconditional love, or your insecurities are such that you cannot love freely....I have the opposite problem...I need to learn boundaries and to say NO....I can do it now, but it's always gonna be an issue for me. Thankfully, my Aries stellium behaves in such a way that it's hidden to anyone on a superficial level.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

You think everyone deserves unconditional love? Even those who are evil?

Phoenix Venus

Yes, I wanted to say the same thing as well!! As Venus Pisces in 6th house, I forgive easily. I guess we are all human, and just because people make mistakes or bad choices, it doesn't mean they are bad people. Discretion is good, but you can choose not to be friends with someone, but still believe in them as people.

I think not believing everyone is worthy of unconditional love, says more about how you feel about yourself, than other people. Maybe someone has made you feel you are not worthy of unconditional love, or your insecurities are such that you cannot love freely....I have the opposite problem...I need to learn boundaries and to say NO....I can do it now, but it's always gonna be an issue for me. Thankfully, my Aries stellium behaves in such a way that it's hidden to anyone on a superficial level.

Well there are some who are very, very bad people. They need unconditional love more than anyone. Not from me though, from themselves. Its the only way to go :)

Well there are some who are very, very bad people. They need unconditional love more than anyone. Not from me though, from themselves. Its the only way to go :)

Yeah, extreme cases of horrible people. But even when I've made the choice not to be around someone for my own sake, I still maintain a relationship with them in my heart/privately...it's quite sad really, but I love people even after stopping communication with them just because it's not socially acceptable to forgive people or still love them as much as what I do.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

You think everyone deserves unconditional love? Even those who are evil?

Yes. That doesnt mean i can or will give it to them. But God loves them and the only way for them to turn from evil is by accepting the unconditional promise of the universes love. The universe bends towards Its will no matter if the human is with it or not. People eventually have to face their actions. We're all energy and energy goes back to The Source through hell or high waters! Love conquers all.

sibylline

Of course I would like help with expressing Venus in Pisces in a more benefiting manner. But the question I asked was if Venus in Pisces makes a person weak. Meaning I wanted to know whether or not this was true. Or if It was just me feeling this way.

It is not true. No placement makes people weak, across the board.

@sibylline here is another thing you know that most people are not worthy of unconditional love. So this is why I also have a problem with this placement. Sometimes I feel like I'll never find anyone who is actually worth me expressing unconditional love. Someone else who has this placement told me that women who have VIP look for a prince. Well real life isn't a fairytale so what can a person do?

A few things here...

1. Unconditional love doesn't require someone to deserve it or not.

2. Being ViP doesn't mean someone expresses unconditional love.

3. Unconditional love of ViP, if expressed, isn't necessarily romantic love/eros.

Sometimes I feel like I'll never find anyone who is actually worth me expressing unconditional love. Someone else who has this placement told me that women who have VIP look for a prince. Well real life isn't a fairytale so what can a person do?

A prince? Perhaps a prince to them. Looking only at ViP and nothing else, a ViP woman doesn't need the "best" man as determined by society's standards, just the best man as determined by her personal standards.