Is Pluto an astrological planet?

Zonark

My question to you, JA, is why are you so obsessed with Pluto? And for someone who doesn't even read charts of any description for people! Pluto must be astrologically important, or you wouldn't waste so much virtual ink trying to suppress it.

Note that obsession and suppression are very Plutonian.

You know it's an astrological planet. You just don't like that it is.

I think from JA's absurdly gigantic Pluto meme thread it's safe to conclude JA's got an itch only Pluto can scratch.

Eh JupiterAscendant? Eh? Eh? :w00t::w00t:

Whaddya say, will you let Pluto into your heart? Or are you gonna wait until it completes a human observed solar revolution.

It is the domicile ruler of my Midheaven annnd I am currently experiencing a bunch of conjunctions to my Ascendant from Pluto because it keeps goin retrograde maybe my life's work is to help you find the joy of Pluto

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
:wink::wink: :wink:
:wink::wink: :wink:
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
:wink::wink:

JUPITERASC

I think from JA's absurdly gigantic Pluto meme thread it's safe to conclude JA's got an itch only Pluto can scratch.

Eh JupiterAscendant? Eh? Eh?
:w00t::w00t:
Even if one were to remove all of my posts on this thread
the thread would remain 'absurdly gigantic'
:smile:
Whaddya say, will you let Pluto into your heart?
Or are you gonna wait until it completes a human observed solar revolution.

No one experiences 'a dwarf planet pluto return'
one dwarf planet pluto orbit around the sun = 248 YEARS

It is the domicile ruler of my Midheaven
annnd I am currently experiencing a bunch of conjunctions to my Ascendant from Pluto
because it keeps goin retrograde maybe my life's work is to help you find the joy of Pluto
alternatively your "life's work"
could be to explain the rationale of dwarf planet pluto being somehow considered by a few fervent 'plutonians'
as 'an astrological planet'
when in fact its companion dwarf planets are not similarly 'astrological planets' as well

dwarf-planet-sizes.png

particularly since there are and as many as ten thousand other dwarf planets :smile:

JUPITERASC

Waybread, why do you insist that Jupiter doesn't read charts when he does?
It just doesn't happen to be on this forum.
I have occasionally read charts on this forum as well :smile:
and have
not only been thanked
but have also been congratulated
on my accurate, albeit necessarily brief, delineations
however, ours is an astrological learning forum
and many members posting are complete beginners who are seeking information
on how to learn to study and read their own charts

If you want to make some sort of rule that
only people who read charts at AW are qualified astrologers,
go ahead and make it.
But it will look pretty silly.
Good point, well made

Zonark

Even if one were to remove all of my posts on this thread
the thread would remain 'absurdly gigantic'

No one experiences 'a dwarf planet pluto return'
one dwarf planet pluto orbit around the sun = 248 YEARS

alternatively your "life's work"
could be to explain the rationale of dwarf planet pluto being somehow considered by a few fervent 'plutonians'
as 'an astrological planet'
when in fact its companion dwarf planets are not similarly 'astrological planets' as well

dwarf-planet-sizes.png

particularly since there are and as many as ten thousand other dwarf planets :smile:

Guess that means we have a lot of work to do! If my MC has nothing to do with Pluto then it falls on my fallen Mars to do something and, at 22 degrees Taurus in the 5th sign conjunct the IC, whatever the heck that works out to is a guaranteed mess.

Maybe it's time for an AI to start management of these. Just look at Haumea, it's a freakin UFO, JA. Don't you wanna go to space in a flying saucer? And Eris, what an exciting planet!

I see ten thousand other twinkling mysteries my friend.

JUPITERASC

Guess that means we have a lot of work to do!
There's more than sufficient work delineating with fixed stars, eclipses, PoF,
profection, firdaria, solar revolution et al
without taking on board
ten thousand dwarf planets
not to mention
more than one hundred and fifty million asteroids
and other space junk

If my MC has nothing to do with Pluto
then it falls on my fallen Mars to do something
and, at 22 degrees Taurus in the 5th sign conjunct the IC,
whatever the heck that works out to is a guaranteed mess.

Not necessarily ~ nothing is guaranteed ~ not even planetary status
the extent of the 'guaranteed mess'
is dependent on the natal condition of VENUS (domicile ruler TAURUS)
and natal condition of MOON (exalted ruler of TAURUS)
but that's off-topic for this thread
whose focus is determining the 'astrological planetary status' of dwarf planet pluto

Maybe it's time for an AI to start management of these.
Just look at Haumea, it's a freakin UFO, JA.
Don't you wanna go to space in a flying saucer?
And Eris, what an exciting planet!

I see ten thousand other twinkling mysteries my friend.

Few observe local skies seeking astrological insight ~
most are content with two-dimensional diagrams created by computer software

As for Eris, that dwarf planet is clearly an 'astrological planet'
IF dwarf planeto is

waybread

Waybread, why do you insist that Jupiter doesn't read charts when he does? It just doesn't happen to be on this forum.

If you want to make some sort of rule that only people who read charts at AW are qualified astrologers, go ahead and make it. But it will look pretty silly.

I've never made this argument, because it would be pretty silly.

To the contrary, I've recommended that beginners read charts for people, in real time, because it is such an important learning tool.

Can you link any posts where JA has read charts for people-- or JA, can you do this?

By chart-reading, I mean actually synthesizing chart information, not merely coming up with some cookbook material on specific planetary placements.

Of course, anybody is free to participate on this forum without reading any charts whatsoever. But it does indicate some real limits to their insights about how planets function in a horoscope.

Speaking of Pluto, cleaning out a basement (if you have one,) storage locker, closet, or cupboard is great Pluto therapy. My husband and I are going through boxes of old papers that we'd stashed in a basement storage closet. Miracle of miracles, I found in a box of near-waste paper, long-lost copies of my and my children's birth certificates. This is precisely Pluto's energy of excavation, and bringing hidden things to light.

I highly recommend this exercise for anyone undergoing a Pluto transit. Transits will express themselves in some fashion. But if we voluntarily implement some positive expressions, they go a whole lot better, in my experience.

Oddity

Speaking of Pluto, cleaning out a basement (if you have one,) storage locker, closet, or cupboard is great Pluto therapy. My husband and I are going through boxes of old papers that we'd stashed in a basement storage closet. Miracle of miracles, I found in a box of near-waste paper, long-lost copies of my and my children's birth certificates. This is precisely Pluto's energy of excavation, and bringing hidden things to light.

I highly recommend this exercise for anyone undergoing a Pluto transit. Transits will express themselves in some fashion. But if we voluntarily implement some positive expressions, they go a whole lot better, in my experience.

Saturn used to unearth and bring to light these things. Which is why it rules archaeology.

But I guess it didn't do a good enough job? Because now it's Pluto. Which is also responsible for mental illness. And healing. And sex.

So far per this thread. It's responsible for a lot more, I'm sure, but I can't be bothered to go back and look.

Do the classical planets serve any purpose anymore?

Oddity

I see, very romantic, but, there's no room for transcendence there. Too shallow.

You find Venus and the Sun shallow? Mind blown.

Explain this please. My own impression is that the classical planets have been utterly trivialised in modern astrology, and 'real depth' is given to the outer planets.

waybread

Saturn used to unearth and bring to light these things. Which is why it rules archaeology.

But I guess it didn't do a good enough job? Because now it's Pluto. Which is also responsible for mental illness. And healing. And sex.

So far per this thread. It's responsible for a lot more, I'm sure, but I can't be bothered to go back and look.

Of course, they do. Oddity, I don't know why you come up with these odd throw-away lines. (Must be Eris in the mix, eh?)

Look. Saturn is super as a generic overall ruler of archaeology: think antiquities, bones, and stone objects.

But archaeology really doesn't end there, does it? If the archaeological team finds jewelry or art objects such as figurines, they belong to Venus. Gold would belong to the sun. Iron implements, especially belonging to battles, would be Mars. Documents like scrolls would belong to Mercury. Something like a temple site might even be Jupitarian.

The very act of excavating seems Plutonian, however. I just looked up archaeology in Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, and he assigns archaeology to both Pluto and Saturn.

The flip side is that I don't think anyone claims that Pluto rules mental illness in a generic way. Mental illnesses are not identical, for one thing. Depression plays out very differently than obsessive hand-washing, for example. I've looked at a lot of charts of mentally ill people, and an afflicted moon showed up in many but not all charts; yet it seemed to be a more common placement than a dinged-up Mercury. Unsurprisingly, because some highly intelligent people nevertheless suffer from mental health disorders.

Where did anyone write that Pluto is responsible for any and all healing? Again, you have to use some discernment. In medical astrology, Scorpio and the 8th house generically rule the genital and eliminative organs. Yet the moon, for example, more particularly rules the uterus So this doesn't mean Pluto as the modern ruler of Scorpio rules absolutely everything related to sex.

By comparison, Saturn generically rules the bones and teeth, but if we go through various parts of the body, we find different bones with different planet, sign, and house rules. Your ankles are an Aquarian/11th house matter, to cite one example. The 6th house generically rules sickness, but specific individual illnesses are likely to have different rulers.

I am really and truly not bothered by overlapping planetary meanings. If multiple testimonies in the chart point to the same conclusion, that's wonderful, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dirius

This threads still go on. At this point this discussion is just plain silly. :whistling:

What Oddity mentions of overlapping meanings, is what seems to be a "faulty" and trivial logic applied to the outer planets to give them what ever meaning someone may need to explain something. To be honest, its rather this simplification of the system that makes the case against outer planets.

Pluto's rulership of Scorpio is the most common example:

- Pluto in mythology is the god of the underworld (death):

....Thus he was assigned the 8th house
....Thus he was assigned Scorpio (traditionally the 8th house sign)

And thats were the rulership over Scorpio came by.

Not because the meaning of the planet has anything to do with Scorpio, or its opposite Taurus; not because its triplicity, or its aspect scheme relating to the Sun/Moon; not because of the dual femmenine/masculine sign rulership, or its sect.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've never made this argument, because it would be pretty silly.

To the contrary, I've recommended that beginners read charts for people, in real time, because it is such an important learning tool

Can you link any posts where JA has read charts for people-- or JA, can you do this?
Unfortunately, the consequence of your putting me on 'ignore' for a few years
means you missed those delineations
but if you search you shall find them :smile:
by the way
they exclude dwarf planets
so off-topic for this thread
By chart-reading, I mean actually synthesizing chart information,
not merely coming up with some cookbook material on specific planetary placements.

Of course, anybody is free to participate on this forum without reading any charts whatsoever.
But it does indicate some real limits to their insights about how planets function in a horoscope.
I read charts on this forum
if you bothered to follow my posts
you would know that
c'est la vie

Speaking of Pluto, cleaning out a basement (if you have one,) storage locker, closet, or cupboard is great Pluto therapy.
My husband and I are going through boxes of old papers that we'd stashed in a basement storage closet.
Miracle of miracles, I found in a box of near-waste paper, long-lost copies of my and my children's birth certificates.
This is precisely Pluto's energy of excavation, and bringing hidden things to light.

I highly recommend this exercise for anyone undergoing a Pluto transit.
Transits will express themselves in some fashion.
But if we voluntarily implement some positive expressions, they go a whole lot better, in my experience.
The inference being,
unless undergoing a dwarf planet pluto transit
one is unlikely to find lost birth certificates

graay ghost

I have wondered about this as well. It has seemed to me that all totally normal human emotion has been attributed to Pluto or Scorpio, or, failing that, a loaded 8th house... and thus that individual is somehow more intense than everyone else, or something. :unsure:

Zonark

There's more than sufficient work delineating with fixed stars, eclipses, PoF,
profection, firdaria, solar revolution et al
without taking on board
ten thousand dwarf planets
not to mention
more than one hundred and fifty million asteroids
and other space junk

Not necessarily ~ nothing is guaranteed ~ not even planetary status
the extent of the 'guaranteed mess'
is dependent on the natal condition of VENUS (domicile ruler TAURUS)
and natal condition of MOON (exalted ruler of TAURUS)
but that's off-topic for this thread
whose focus is determining the 'astrological planetary status' of dwarf planet pluto

Few observe local skies seeking astrological insight ~
most are content with two-dimensional diagrams created by computer software

As for Eris, that dwarf planet is clearly an 'astrological planet'
IF dwarf planeto is

Yes... true... astrologers who try to incorporate new stuff are a minority. Until they're not.

Have you ever just spent time on Google poring over the heaps n drabs of inane astropoo? It's erm, prolific.

You are logical about this JA, but maybe illogical too for excluding these, making all of us equally so, if you know what I mean :pouty:

All the facts or none of them, that's just good math.

And what about Uranus?