Can I afford to retire now?

Catalina

I have been teaching for many years, but I have taken out my retirement money a few times. I am 65 now and would actually like to retire at the end of this month. However, I'm not sure I can support myself with just my teacher retirement pension and Social Security. I do free-lance writing and I also do online selling. I would like to devote more time to these activities. In addition, I have other ideas for creating income and may start a tutoring service. I have no shortage of ideas and am willing to economize and spend less in order to make ends meet.

So, my question is "Can I afford to retire now?"

I don't want to end up having to depend on my sons for support.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_606_chart_of_the_moment_hr.80444.40448.jpg
    astro_2gw_606_chart_of_the_moment_hr.80444.40448.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 55

Catalina

Well, I wish I knew. All I know is my significator is Jupiter in the 8th. I will try to study up on it and come back tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

tikana

Catalina

your 2nd house Saturn worries me a bit.
it is extremely weak. My feeling is No.

Jupiter is peregrine and combust _ a good thing is combustion is separating but that does not disable Jupiter's weakness.

T

Catalina

Tikana,

Thank you so much. But I am confused. Saturn is not in the 2nd house. Do you mean it is 2nd house ruler and weak?

OnTheCusp

Lord 2--your finances--is Saturn as mentioned above.

Although peregrine, I don't think this in itself is a negative. We already know you're not super rich, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question.

I think negative testimony would be to see Lord 2 going down the drain somehow (eg if Saturn were in last degree of Gemini about to lose dignity). Here Saturn is smack dab in the middle of a fixed, fertile sign. So I think in the context of the question this is helpful.

That said, Venus applies to Saturn. Venus is your sons' money. With negative mutual reception.

So I'd judge that you are safe to retire--one must do so at some point and unless you win the lottery your financial situation is unlikely to change much.

And as you predict, your sons will help supplement this at some point. Which you won't like (nor will they). But hey, that's just the way the world works.

Catalina

Thanks so much for those additional observations. My question was specific in regard to THiS month, so maybe I will do better to hold off for 6-12 months and then retire. That will give me time to prepare a little better, pay bills, and save. I think I am a long way from needing financial assistance, and I am very independent, but one never knows what might lie ahead. I like your realistic take on things!

tikana

Catalina

wait a bit.. your saturn L2 ruler does worry me. YES venus does sextile BUT look at the sextile it is weak they both mutually rejecting each other

venuschild

Banned
WCA

before others weigh in, what is your take on the chart?

What he may be saying is there are many begging to know but maybe more worthy responses may be given if one shows how much they are trying to answer their own horary queries!

panhandling-533x400.jpg

round_ireland_with_a_fridge_2.jpg

Last edited:

OnTheCusp

Catalina

wait a bit.. your saturn L2 ruler does worry me. YES venus does sextile BUT look at the sextile it is weak they both mutually rejecting each other

Not sextile, but trine. And yes I agree, not the best of receptions, which I think is consistent with what she's saying.

What kind of chart would say "yes, retire this month?" in your opinion? Lord 2 in exaltation or own sign only?

tikana

agrh yeah trine .. duh thanks for noticing.. the question is can she afford it.. my call is no but with an aspect...

saturn/venus weak reception hmm same problem. seems like yes will retire regardless but it could point to partial retirement.

wca

WCA

What he may be saying is there are many begging to know but maybe more worthy responses may be given if one shows how much they are trying to answer their own horary queries!

panhandling-533x400.jpg

round_ireland_with_a_fridge_2.jpg

lol, I wouldn't have included these photos but for what it's worth, I do agree with the basic sentiment of your post here.

if you (anyone, generic "you") have a question but don't feel capable of delineating your own chart, then don't cast the chart and post it. go find an astrologer to answer your question and support them financially, if the question truly matters. if not, just keep studying and don't ask yourself unless you're prepared to take responsibility for the judgement.

the chart is meant to be drawn up by the astrologer who is taking the question. when you cast a chart you are taking the role of querent AND astrologer, and your interpretation is going to be critical in how the chart is read. horary falls apart otherwise, and it's why these forums are breeding grounds for faulty technique -- everyone is trying to delineate someone else's chart, which is fine if we're attempting to help in judgment, but so often contributors get it wrong because it wasn't meant for them to judge but for the person who asked. it's a horrible cycle, because then decent, growing horary astrologers feel like their technique is awful because they're getting other people's questions wrong and they end up discouraged.

also, this is a learning forum, and it functions best when people first judge what they can from their own chart before posting.

anyway, Catalina, I'm not having a go at you in any way at all. just sharing my personal views on the virtues and dangers of forums.

Love2Know

Maybe start a new thread for this instead of posting on hers. I find it would be more respectful regardless of the 'validity' of your statement.

Catalina

I really don't know who to address this to....

I've been posting on astrology forums for years. Some things I know and some things I don't. I help other people when I feel I have something to offer, but horary is not that easy to learn. To me, a forum is where people learn from each other.

I have paid astrologers before. I'm not against that. These forums are not supposed to be a place where you PAY.

Furthermore, I don't think MY thread is the place for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

wca

Maybe start a new thread for this instead of posting on hers. I find it would be more respectful regardless of the 'validity' of your statement.

thank you for the feedback. I responded to ensure my intent was clear, as another contributor made comments on my post and I felt clarification was best coming from me. I do not agree that my response belongs in another thread, it belongs here where my original statement was taken up by another contributor. I have no desire to get into any argument, now or ever, on the topic.

regardless, the fact remains that Catalina is the chosen astrologer for this chart as she took the question and cast a chart, and the onus is on her to produce a judgment. all we can do is help. so I state now as I did before my support for Catalina in applying the knowledge she has, coming from a place of positive intent.

wca

Well, I don't agree with your "opinion". I've been posting on astrology forums for years. Some things I know and some things I don't. I help other people when I feel I have something to offer, but horary is not that easy to learn. To me, a forum is where people learn from each other.

I have paid astrologers before. I'm not against that. These forums are not supposed to be a place where you PAY.

Furthermore, I don't think MY thread is the place for you to post YOUR opinion. Do you do this to other people, too?

Kindly go away and don't come back.

actually, forums are exactly the place to put one's opinion, especially when it relates to the thread (as my comment does). I noticed, Catalina, that your post was edited down to remove the last bit (the original text remains in my quotation above), but as you like.

Last edited:

Catalina

I changed it because I thought I was addressing the poster who put the pictures up there. I did not realize at first that the post was from you, WCA.

There was no attempt to be devious.

Last edited: