venus is aquarius...toxic relationship partner?

piscesgirl85

Do people with a venus in aquarius avoid commitment?

I've heard that, in general, the only people who can work out with someone with a venus in aquarius are people with a good dose of aquarius in their chart.

Like Venus rules love, and aquarians are unemotional, independent, and aloof...so it makes sense...right?

Or at least they certainly cant deal with clingy, attached, emotional pisceans like myself? Am I right?

True or false?

tee_jay66

I had a boyfriend with venus in aquarius. The chart has to be looked at as a whole as no one placement can determine anything by itself.

My old boyfriend had a stellium in the 4th house and also libra rising and libra moon.....he craved a relationship and was also very homely and wanted someone to look after and someone look after him.

You cant take it out of context to the chart as a whole. Look at the ascendant and where its ruler is and aspects to it. The sun and where its placed and its ruler. Check out where venus is and any aspects to it etc to get a clearer picture :biggrin:

Lithuel

The chart has to be looked at as a whole as no one placement can determine anything by itself.

You cant take it out of context to the chart as a whole. Look at the ascendant and where its ruler is and aspects to it. The sun and where its placed and its ruler. Check out where venus is and any aspects to it etc to get a clearer picture :biggrin:

Tee_Jay is absolutely right. The whole chart affects the person, not just one isolated part.

wowreally

looking at just this aspect:
he'll stay if you can give him intelectual stimulation.
however, the concept of a relationship is foregin to them. feelings, commitment, monogomy is foregin to him.
i'm not saying he's likely to cheat, but he will have a lot of girl friends, and chances are you will feel like just another friend that lets him sleep with you. he likes new things/ppl...once he figures you out, you lose some of your appeal.
Stimulating his mind will likely keep him around though, never let another girl beat you in an arguement esp in front of him.
the thing i don't like about them is that say i do all those things and give him evrything he's looking forward to the rewards aren't going to be that great for me. it's like i have to do all this work, JUST so he won't chase other girls, for me it's not really worth it.

but this is just zooming in on the nature of this aspect. i'm not saying you can judge a person off of it.

tee_jay66

looking at just this aspect:
he'll stay if you can give him intelectual stimulation.
however, the concept of a relationship is foregin to them. feelings, commitment, monogomy is foregin to him.
i'm not saying he's likely to cheat, but he will have a lot of girl friends, and chances are you will feel like just another friend that lets him sleep with you. he likes new things/ppl...once he figures you out, you lose some of your appeal.
Stimulating his mind will likely keep him around though, never let another girl beat you in an arguement esp in front of him.
the thing i don't like about them is that say i do all those things and give him evrything he's looking forward to the rewards aren't going to be that great for me. it's like i have to do all this work, JUST so he won't chase other girls, for me it's not really worth it.

I know what youre saying...and I expected this to some degree from my ex who had venus and mars in aquarius. but he couldnt be further from it. he is clingy, dependent, smothering and extremely sensitive. also not at all wanting stimulating conversations like I do. All he wanted to do was cuddle and kiss me..........God, I felt smothered....yuk ha ha

he had stellium in 4th house alongside moon in 1st:surprised:

cja

I am an Aquarius moon with my Venus in Gemini...

Those two independent, intellectual air signs together almost cancel out my clingy, emotional Cancer sun. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever fall in love, but I finally met the right person. And yes, I do need a certain amount of freedom within my relationships. I have a lot of close male friends, but I would never cheat on anyone and I demand that any boyfriend of mine trust me enough to know that. In return he gets all the loyalty and nurturing of my Cancer sun. I wouldn't call it a toxic relationship, but it takes someone very special to understand and deal with a combo like that.

blo1277

I'm a cap sun with gemini moon and venus aquarius. I can relate to cja...it takes a special person who understands me. Commitment isn't foreign to me but I won't put a leash on anuone. I demand a lot of freedom with the ability to think that the door is open even if I never use it and I give my partner the same treatment.

Astromed

I have venus in aquarius. Sun pisces, moon libra and ascendant cancer. I'd say that I'm very much a relationship person.. and emotional.

bittermoon

Venus in Aqua can be 'toxic' depending on what else is going on in the chart and also what is going on in the other person's chart.

I am also a Cancer Sun with a Scorpio Moon but I am not your 'typical' Cancer or Scorpio when it comes to relationships. My Cancer Sun squares my Uranus in the 7th. My Venus is in Gemini and trines my Mars in Aqua. I do need lots of mental stimulation in my relationships and though my Sun/Moon combo craves the intimacy, my airy Mars/Venus like to keep things light and not too committal. I was not even very aware of this, until recently. Let's not even talk about that Uranus :eek:

Someone with an Aqua Venus would probably work for me, provided there's also a watery Sun or Moon. Yep, it would take a 'special' combo, I'm afraid.

Neptune Rising

I have to come to the defence of us 'weirdos' :lol: being a Venus and Mercury in Aquarius type of gal (both trine Pluto).

No it doesn't indicate toxic relationships unless there are other factors, and depending on environmental factors, how they handle life, their upbringing, what they are used to and what they expect from themselves.

I think independant is a good word to describe Venus Aqua.

Venus in Aquaruis can tend to unusual partners, unusual situations, open minded partners, they do like their freedom. They are very capable of having 'normal' relationships though. They can also be ahead of the time or current convention where relationships are concerned.

They may like relationships where both partners love each other but don't have to cling to each other to know they are there for each other, freedom mixed with committment - by this, I don't mean the type of polygamous relationship, simply a non-clingy but still committed relationship.

Venus in Aqua can also freshen things up, keep things alive, enliven romances and relationships with their Uranian influence, they can sparkle. I have a friend with Aqua/Pisces rising and Venus in Aqua, she sparkles all the time! They love the new and the unusual, modern technology, forward thinking.

Last edited:

MJ82

:biggrin: We're not all toxic, and yes it does greatly depend on other things in the chart.

I have Venus in Aqua (and Mercury there with an Aqua rising) but I'm a Pisces Sun with an 8th house stellium in Libra (which includes my Moon), so while I can be very independent and seemingly a bit detached, underneath all of that are very deep emotions and strong feelings of attachment, loyalty and a desire to be in a partnership.

My longest relationship was 7 years (and I'm only just about to turn 30) so you have to take other factors into account.

Neptune Rising

It's an interesting subject, also we can consider what is defined as 'toxic', which to one person may feel toxic, but to another may be perfectly normal. I have a Pisces Moon and Jupiter, also Neptune rising, so I have a need for freedom or independance as opposed to codependance, yet I have a need to merge with another on a level that goes beyond physical boundaries. I guess its a matter of finding a healthy balance to your chart, which is where synastry and natal anaylsis can reveal what's beneath the surface of a relationship dynamics :D (now I sound like a walking advert for astrology!:D )

pudinnpop

I have venus in aqua 7th house which is trined too pluto and a cancer asc/cappy dsc...For me i need a very strong ,stable committment,and very much need a partner..I guess its that 7th house influence,and i do have very intense feelings about any partner i fall in love with that being said i also got gem moon in 12th house,which makes me feel i need to talk and comminucate things out!!

I always found it weird that even tho i have lots of air i really dont feel independant but more co dependant..I think my pisces sun,and cancer asc helps in that and the 7th house influence!!

My venus aqua shows up in the way im very open minded and can be expereimental...and im very much into intellectuals and ppl who are "quirky"..:lol:

fullmoonlibra

I had a boyfriend with venus in aquarius. The chart has to be looked at as a whole as no one placement can determine anything by itself.

My old boyfriend had a stellium in the 4th house and also libra rising and libra moon.....he craved a relationship and was also very homely and wanted someone to look after and someone look after him.

I'm glad that you point on this important 'detail' :joyful:

fullmoonlibra

I have venus in Taurus, totally nothing to do with aquarius, BUT.....
That was untill I got married.
Now aquarius on seventh cusp is surprising me..
I never Knew that I could be that independent in love.

Last edited:

AriesGuy

As someone with their venus in aquarius, and as someone who doesn't know a whole lot about astrology, I came on these boards to ask the question, "why am I so emotional and intense?" Only to learn that the aspects and other influences played a far larger part than I realized.

So you never know unless you look at all the aspects, or you get to know the person really well, cause I'm a very committed and loyal venus in aquarius person.

starryair

From what I've seen they don't avoid commitment, in fact they'll probably stick it out better than most other signs. But I do think it is toxic in the sense they love drama playing mind games, control issues etc, it maybe fun for them but may not be for the other person.

CapAquaPis

With a venus in Aquarius, romantic relationships are low and tend to end bad for those with the astrological marker on them by fate. But when one has venus in Aries, the opposite seems to be true, except romance is cool and not as strong, even the Venus factor partner seems to "want it" more than the other spouse. It's no wonder the compatibility issue will be noted.

feather in the wind

Wow a lot of us out there with the same desire for the unique partner.
I have venus in aqua moon in libra and gemini rising. I have been told i come off as detached. I am single and have been for a long time. I do date and yes, I need to be intellectually stimulated to stay interested. I have been attracted to a lot of men who are not really good looking, me thinks they develop a a charming and witty personality to stay in the race. I am also attracted to slightly odd people, and i say people cos i have dated both men and women. My relationships have been long and i have never cheated on any partner. my reason for a breakup has always been boredom, or lack of mental engagement. My longest relationship was with someone who had a gemini sun and mars in aqua exactly conjunct my venus in aqua. no issues at all. we decided to live on different continents. and i did not want to stop him from doing what he wanted and secretly was happy to be single after 10 years. The part i handle best in a relationship is "The Break-UP".
Recently have had a man interested in me and been urged by friends to look into it. I feel a sense of nausea at the thought of getting into mushy space with someone. Is there any hope? Is there anyone out there?