Wondering more about Jupiter in the 12th

Ambersole11

I was pondering on Jupiter in the 12th and it occurred to me that this could indicate possible infractures with the law, but in a way where the native could be blinded by the fact that justice could be approaching, but they can't see that due to them subconsciously thinking that they won't get caught. Jupiter in the 12th is usually luckier than other planets in this house, but maybe it could also be a warning to stay on the 'right path' or else? Could it also be a warning of hidden belief systems no longer serving you? Or repression of ones belief system, or even trying to repress God if you're a Christian? (which I am btw) Maybe when that occurs Jupiter becomes like that little voice in your head, bubbling up to the surface acting as that conscience...which tries to help guide you to keep you out of big trouble...

Madammaha

High Ambersole11, Jupiter in the 12th is in its' domain, which helps emphasize its magnifying qualities, the 12th House in itself is the summing up of different past experiences and trying to disintegrate them either by total effacement, or by adding new elements to most of them, that are good to go through to the first house, here Jupiter ( the magnifying agent ) helps in sorting out, what goes and what gets promoted and stays.
The aspects that it is making and its strength by House and sign, will show if it is helping or hindering, in addition, it cannot be judged on its own, as there are some experiences needed that might seem negative in itself, but when it passes to the first House; becomes a necessity and an asset.

JUPITERASC

I was pondering on Jupiter in the 12th and it occurred to me that this could indicate possible infractures with the law, but in a way where the native could be blinded by the fact that justice could be approaching, but they can't see that due to them subconsciously thinking that they won't get caught.

Although that is a possible scenario Ambersole11
keep in mind that very few people with Jupiter in 12th have 'possible infractures with the law' :smile:
NEITHER
in the particular way that you mention
NOR
in any other way....
BUT OF COURSE THEY COULD HAVE
but not necessarily

Jupiter in the 12th is usually luckier than other planets in this house,

NOT NECESSARILY
that's a massive over-generalization
for example
SHARON TATE's natal 12th house Jupiter did not protect her from her killers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Tate

.....but maybe it could also be a warning to stay on the 'right path' or else?
Could it also be a warning of hidden belief systems no longer serving you?
Or repression of ones belief system, or even trying to repress God if you're a Christian? (which I am btw)
Maybe when that occurs Jupiter becomes like that little voice in your head, bubbling up to the surface acting as that conscience...which tries to help guide you to keep you out of big trouble...

Jupiter in 12th has different delineation dependent on the sign location
so
for example
Jupiter in Aries in 12th is in the domain of Mars because Mars rules Aries
and so the house and sign location of natal Mars is an influence
and
is very different from
Jupiter in Taurus in 12th in the domain of Venus because Venus rules Aries
and so the house and sign location of natal Venus is an influence
and
Jupiter in Gemini in 12th in the domain of Mercury because Mercury rules Gemini and so the house and sign location of natal Venus is an influence
and so on

ALSO

'....The 'planetary joys' are the houses that each planet most enjoys to be in,
a traditional arrangement for the seven visible planets associating planets with the houses most suited to their natural expression.

Generous, benefic Jupiter rejoices in the 11th house of 'good fortune, benefactors and friends'
and when placed there it can be considered particularly strong.

Malefic Saturn rejoices in the baleful 12th house,
which supports its theme of limitation
....'

joys.gif
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1e.html

Ambersole11

Everyone is diffferent. There are so many contributing factors in astrology that---unless you want a textbook definition, one-size-fits-all, you will need to post a chart.

The one-size-fits-all is what you get with a computer program analysis, BTW. My copy of Solar Fire Gold does this and if you want a 25 page set of textbook definitions, I would be happy to send you one.

Sure. Thanks :)

Ambersole11

I know that there is not a one-size-fits-all with anything, let alone astrology...(except maybe cheap and gross bathing suits?). But with nuuuubies like me, we have to look at the parts until they equal the whole. So maybe give us new people a break. Everyone has to learn the beginnings of everything first. :)

Frisiangal

I know that there is not a one-size-fits-all with anything, let alone astrology...(except maybe cheap and gross bathing suits?). But with nuuuubies like me, we have to look at the parts until they equal the whole. So maybe give us new people a break. Everyone has to learn the beginnings of everything first. :)

Hi Ambersole,
It's the newbies like yourself who will become the astrologers of the future, and if you are already thinking about the meaning of planetary symbolism in the manner of your first post without consulting page, paragraph and
line of a text book, you appear to have a natural talent and the makings of a good one already.:smile:

For more information to work with regarding any planet's effects, you could look at the position of its ruling sign(s) and house(es). There are so often various themes at work within the chart that seem to be contradictory, yet that are actually working with each other to 'make up the whole'.

As an example, I'm a 12th house Jupiter in Leo and in my case you were right on the ball with your comments regarding religious beliefs. I could say that I have spent my whole life searching (12th house) for something to believe in(Jupiter) that explains the meaning of life. Following 350 million years of evolution, I have difficulty with the acceptance of a magician-like figure idea and the powers of a super-creative deity. It could well have something to do with being brought up in a family where religious beliefs 'just were' but did not play any part in daily life or were forced down one's throat ( Taurus influence) to follow. Jupiter rules my 4th house. Is it meaningful co-incidence that Jupiter makes but one aspect in my chart....a square to a 9th house Sun in Taurus!
Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces. I personally consider there to be a big difference between belief, as a result of trust through outer perception of the tangible (really Taurean!:biggrin:), and true faith based on inner belief of the intangible. Neptune is accepted as the modern ruler of Pisces. Can it be co-incidence that I also live with a Saturn square Neptune; doctine and/of physical manifestation versus the power of suggestion of the intangible?

There are other configurations in my chart that deal with 'the belief' factor.
Speaking for myself only, Astrology has become my religion and the nearest thing to intangible faith that I have found. It has proven that there is much more between Heaven and Earth than Air.:wink::biggrin:

Jupiter has strong associations with trust, confidence, optimism, good health and in the 12th house it may mean that there is a necessity for the individual to find this within themselves if they want to ever progress in their life.

Jupiter is the natural benefactor of good will towards ALL men in the 12th house. Pro-deo work and charity involvement.
Yet there may also be cases when BIG, BOLD Jupiter needs to tone down a little. When BIG feelings of assumed all-knowing God-like superiority, self
aggrindisement, self indulgence, being too opinionated, going to excesses, desiring the luxury of everything, putting down the little man (also within one's self??), can work against rather than for someone. A 12th house position, through sign, might well help in dissolving hubris to teach humility at its best.:smile:

JUPITERASC

Hi Ambersole,
It's the newbies like yourself who will become the astrologers of the future,
and if you are already thinking about the meaning of planetary symbolism in the manner of your first post
without
consulting page, paragraph and
line of a text book,
you appear to have a natural talent and the makings of a good one already.
:smile:

Exactly :smile: Well said!!

For more information to work with regarding any planet's effects, you could look at the position of its ruling sign(s) and house(es). There are so often various themes at work within the chart that seem to be contradictory, yet that are actually working with each other to 'make up the whole'.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SIGNS - for you Cancer is of interest
however, clicking on the drop-down menu provides options for information on each sign
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/cancer.html

THE MOON http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moon.html the left margin menu provides choices that includes each planet

CuriousCat

I'm so happy to read these kudos and words of encouragement for Ambersole11!

As an even newer newbie than Amber, I am in awe of how quickly she has taken to all this! Indeed, I agree there is much natural talent there. So happy she is developing this talent.

I am enjoying, learning from & feeling inspired by her posts!:joyful:

The Ram

A benefic in a "malefic house" is pretty good for nullifying the malefic nature of said house. As long as Jupiter isn't completely corrupted, but corrupting a benefic is pretty hard since its in its very nature to be benefic and that is not easily modified. So there isnt too much wrong with Jupiter being in house 12, also note that Jupiter will rule other houses in the chart that may be more benefic than the 12th.

Madammaha

By reading the above thread, you will find that she is talking about her Aq. Moon while her Moon is actually in Cap. to begin with .....