Still trying to understand the Scorpio worship in modern astrology.

magnolia8

There is no "worship" of Scorpio. I challenge anyone to cite a book or article, or to link a credible professional astrologer who says such a thing. There is a branch of evolutionary astrology that seemed to deify Aquarius (Age of Aquarius) and Pisces (the final sign) but this sort of dates back to Dane Rudhyar and the 1970s.

So let's get clear.

Scorpio is the fixed water sign. They can get really determined upon a particular course of action, but probably no more so than the other fixed signs (Aquarius, Leo, and especially Taurus.)

As a water sign, Scorpio tends to be intuitive, but no more so than the other water signs Cancer and Pisces. A Scorpio might expect another sign to pick up on subtle cues. A Cancer or especially a Pisces would be able to do this, but an air or fire sign would be hopeless.

Scorpio is traditionally ruled by Mars and modernly by Pluto. This can make them pretty aggressive when they want to be.

But there is no "worship" in any of this. Scorpio in many ways is a difficult sign. I don't envy them. They do not seem to have the personal boundaries of other signs. Sun Scorpios tend to find out who they are by pushing their limits with other people. It requires the other person to say, "stop" to get the Scorpio to learn where those boundaries are.

Scorpios do seem to have a sense of revenge, but to them, it is merely justice: tit for tat. If a Scorpio seems out to get you, just pause and reflect upon how you might have offended him, however inadvertently. (Given that this is a water sign, Scorpios can pick up your vibes even when you're not directly in their face about something.)

What seems to be far more obsessive than Scorpio is someone with Pluto squaring his sun. Something to think about.

Not a Scorpio, but an incident at work made me realize that I sort of relate to the bolded. Either I test your boundaries or my own. Explains why I've pissed people off and turned them into enemies (usually higher-ups), bullying tendencies (dormant since adolescence, thankfully), extremely risky choices, etc. Of course, discovering yourself this way leads to an unpleasant self-image, but that's another story.

From the way you wrote this, I can't tell whether Scorpios are aware of their behavior, particularly why they do it.

Anyway,
I think Taurus is the most neglected sign in the zodiac. I never see this sign mentioned anywhere.

kimiko8

Anyway,
I think Taurus is the most neglected sign in the zodiac. I never see this sign mentioned anywhere.

Moos softly
Hello...
We're just busy living and eating and pleasuring and making money, thanks. Just regular, boring people. But happy people.

Whoam1

Honestly still trying to understand Scorpio, I ask if a trait or characteristic come from Scorpio, I get "no, it comes from sign xyz". So what is Scorpio (in the minds of astrologers) absolutely nothing, (which doesn't help me understand ligitimant Scorpio energies in my chart)...

Love2Know

Honestly still trying to understand Scorpio, I ask if a trait or characteristic come from Scorpio, I get "no, it comes from sign xyz". So what is Scorpio (in the minds of astrologers) absolutely nothing, (which doesn't help me understand ligitimant Scorpio energies in my chart)...

As someone surrounded by Pluto heavy and Scorpio sun/ rising/ moon people. I don’t get the fascination either. Except they all love me and call me too pure for this world. Basically I’m delightful.

Whoam1

As someone surrounded by Pluto heavy and Scorpio sun/ rising/ moon people. I don’t get the fascination either. Except they all love me and call me too pure for this world. Basically I’m delightful.

They care for people more openly than one would think (speaking from my 8th sign influenced emotions).

Whoam1

That is a significant planet with an intense aspect so I don’t get your question?

Well it seems I feel more like my sidereal chart but this placement is in both. People always overlook the Plutonic energies when they see my tropical chart (and ironically my sidereal chart explains this). I didn't know how power that aspect is, people tell me it's not that important especially not important enough to fell like a Scorpio.

david starling

Just pulled this up on Mars on Scorpio, first couple pages of google.

"Formidable opponents"

"Strong"

https://www.tarot.com/astrology/planets/mars-in-scorpio

http://www.alwaysastrology.com/mars-in-scorpio.html

My goodness, does the asskissing ever stop or what?

There has to be something to this ****.

Mars in any of the Fixed-sIgns is "strong", because it holds its ground. As a very Modern Astrologer, I consider Mars as the Native-ruler of Aries, but also in an "enhanced" position in Scorpio. I characterize Mars in Taurus as a "bulldozer". Also, Mars in Sagittarius is strong, because it imparts a sense of Purpose, and Mars in Virgo is extremely useful for getting thing done. Mars in Leo's catalytic--makes things happen.

Whoam1

Really? So saying Mars in Scorpio is stronger than Mars in Aries is not worship?

Saying that it is the strongest sign whenever you google "strongest sign" is not worship?

And if a Scorpio was out to get me because they became envious of my success and potential, then quite frankly I would be coming up a gameplan to destroy them inside and out, experiment to see how much it takes to break the sign that modern astrologers have come to worship.

Mars in Capricorn is stronger than both.

Mars in any of the Fixed-sIgns is "strong", because it holds its ground. As a very Modern Astrologer, I consider Mars as the Native-ruler of Aries, but also in an "enhanced" position in Scorpio. I characterize Mars in Taurus as a "bulldozer". Also, Mars in Sagittarius is strong, because it imparts a sense of Purpose, and Mars in Virgo is extremely useful for getting thing done. Mars in Leo's catalytic--makes things happen.

Ya but hey, its modern astrology.

Mars in Aries is weak and "impulsive", makes for such an easy target for the unstoppable mars in Scorpio. At this point I think some sick twisted person born in November is keeping modern astrologers hostage and making them write this load of garbage about the sign.

Then again, as they say in Texas, is the the smallest dog that barks the loudest so no wonder such an under-handed sign is aggressively promoting itself on google.

waybread

AstroAssist, your premises are entirely mistaken.

Look. Many of us here are a lot older than you, have been through more life experience, and have studied astrology a lot longer than you. If we say you're barking up the wrong tree, you might consider that we have something else to offer you. Trying to insult people doesn't make a strong case for you. It just shows that you don't have much by way of reason or persuasive ability in your repertory, to try such an odd tactic.

We can debate a long time whether Mars is stronger in Scorpio, Capricorn, or Daffy Duck. This is a long, long way from helping you make sense of your relationship with your boss in such a way that you become happier on the job.

Suppose someone here pointed out that the one thing that would "defeat" Mr. Scorpio was a Mars placement that you didn't actually have. What then? You couldn't fake it. How would this information help you?

Nobody "worships" Scorpio, or any other sign. To say so is merely a rather puerile attempt to goad people into saying what you want. Even if by some chance you got folks to agree with you about Scorpio, I submit that it still wouldn't help you on the job.

You cannot "conquer" an enemy until you have mastered your own inner stressors and undigested horoscope placements. Start with yourself, then see how things work out with Mr. Scorpio.

Ukpoohbear

I like the article Waybread posted. The Art of War is a great book.

This is my favourite quote from the list

''When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.''

Be careful how you fight you give the enemy an escape route or you will corner him and give him no choice but to fight to the death. It is better to give them the excuse not to fight.

Ukpoohbear

Especially when the "enemy" is the junior employee's job supervisor.

So that situation would work best with the 'keep your enemies closer' advice.

Be mysterious and do not let them know they are getting to you, do not react.

Not reacting is a difficult one. Sometimes you have to watch you don't become quieter because of someone intimidating you either or they can make you nervous and you make mistakes. If that happens what do you do? Pretend to be their friend still? It's hard.

Waybread, given how you are in all of my threads, I would suspect you know how to read.

I plan on quitting my job but my fear is this snake will follow me around to different roles and attempt to use me.

You are not as experienced in dealing with nasty people and think I should take it lying down, this is not a part of my personality. We are dealing with nasty snakes here and I rather hear from posters on here who are good at helping me become the Eagle that can tear it to shreds and pieces. You are not that member.

I appreciate the advice you might have given me, the art of war thing was good, but it is my goal to end this snake's career because I know when I move on he will try to follow me around in the industry and use me as a lever to lift himself up.