Experience with intercepted and duplicated house? And how to deal with them?

astroubi

Hello dear community,

I wanted to enquire today about your experience with intercepted and duplicated house so as to understand how to deal with its influence.

I read online about its 'locked' power, especially when a planet is present in an intercepted sign. Naturally, if this is the case I would like to unlock it.

How is your personal experience with duplicated signs? Have you been able to 'unlock' the intercepted signs' power?

Got Sagittarius on 12th and 1st house, and Gemini on 6th and 7th. Capricorn and Cancer intercepted.

Online, they say 12th and 1st house duplicated seems to say my subconscious is strong and shows through my 1st house, and that the 6th and 7th Houses can mix partnership and work like one (adding to my Venus conjunct Midheaven, work is very important to me anyway...). Anyone here with a similar duplicated house or intercepted signs to share their experience? Would you say its power is strong or would you say it is quite secondary in your everyday life?

Towards planets in an intercepted house, I have Uranus-Neptune conjunct in Capricorn intercepted 1 house.

If anyone has psychological advice on how to deal with intercepted and duplicated please help a wandering soul.

Joined is chart if needed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 15.44.59.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 15.44.59.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 28

waybread

Intercepted houses in quadrant house systems like Placidus are really common in people with the farther northern latitude births, like Scotland, Scandinavia, Alaska, &c. Which is why they may prefer whole signs or equal house methods, where you don't get intercepted houses.

I think planets in intercepted signs have real meaning. I think your expression "locked power" is apt-- for planets. I don't know that it so much affects signs without planets. I've used the expression that intercepted planets have difficulty in gaining enough "traction" to perform as strongly as we might otherwise expect. But this doesn't mean that the person can't have a happy, fulfilling life. I have a 4th house Jupiter intercepted in Capricorn, supposedly in its fall. And while I am happy with Jupiter-in-Capricorn activities, like collecting old books, antiques, enjoying many aspects of history, &c; perhaps I've missed out on the lucky breaks or administrative talents that this placement might otherwise indicate.

The people whom I think have bigger issues are the ones where the sun is intercepted. It seems hard for them to find a vocation in life. The "me" that a career should supposedly fit like hand in glove" is a mystery to them.

In your case, Neptune in the first house (a placement that I share) can generate a long-term identity crisis. Neptune is the planet of "now you see it, now you don't" that misses the reality in between. It's hard to know how we come across to other people, so we tend to become chameleons, becoming what we think other people wish to see. With Neptune in the first, you may have some acting talent, in the ability to portray different characters; yet be unaware of this talent or somehow not get the encouragement and luck that would help you to pursue it.

On the other hand, with your Jupiter and Mercury ruling duplicate signs, and their conjunction in the 11th house, you may have extra talents with friends, groups, associations, and future planning. This is reinforced by your ultra-intense sun-Pluto in this house. I suspect you have a lot of analytical ability that would be helpful in trouble-shooting, industrial/organizational psychology, or management of a company or large organization. They may sit in the box, but your Uranus-Neptune trine your 11th house planets are another asset. With that square from Mars, you are probably ambitious, even competitive.

You've cut off your aspectarian and it's troublesome to find them "by hand" but look for any quintiles in your chart (360/5 gives aspects of 72 and 144 degrees) as these indicate talent plus ambition to succeed in the areas indicated by the involved planets.

astroubi

Many thanks for your kind reply! It is very informative and helpful.

The traction metaphor makes a lot of sense actually. When you speak of your Jupiter intercepted in Capricorn 4th house, would you say there were times/transits/aspects which helped you reconnect with its true value or see it in a new light? Transit Pluto conjunct Neptune/Uranus starting in the next few months will surely be interesting..

In your case, Neptune in the first house (a placement that I share) can generate a long-term identity crisis. Neptune is the planet of "now you see it, now you don't" that misses the reality in between. It's hard to know how we come across to other people, so we tend to become chameleons, becoming what we think other people wish to see. With Neptune in the first, you may have some acting talent, in the ability to portray different characters; yet be unaware of this talent or somehow not get the encouragement and luck that would help you to pursue it.

Hiding and masking feelings is something I am quite familiar with indeed, however never thought of pursuing acting! Never too late to start...

On the other hand, with your Jupiter and Mercury ruling duplicate signs, and their conjunction in the 11th house, you may have extra talents with friends, groups, associations, and future planning.

Some sites suggest looking at your duplicated signs/houses as a way to reconnect with your intercepted planets, would you say it is? From a practical point of view, I was wondering if that would actually have the opposite effect and grow farther apart. Intuitively, aspects seem to me a safer way in with the intercepted planets to establish a balance (but this is pure speculation).

You've cut off your aspectarian and it's troublesome to find them "by hand" but look for any quintiles in your chart (360/5 gives aspects of 72 and 144 degrees) as these indicate talent plus ambition to succeed in the areas indicated by the involved planets.

There is one quintile between the Ascendant and Saturn (1st and 2nd house). Capricorn being the intercepted sign and Saturn being highlighted here, maybe this is a good sign to start unlocking the intercepted planets :happy:

waybread

I found that my Jupiter in Capricorn in the fourth house worked fine for 4th house matters: for example collecting antiques (Saturn-ruled Capricorn rules old things,) renovating a couple of historic homes (4th house,) and collecting old books (Jupiter.)

I'm not sure I got lucky breaks in other areas of life where Jupiter would have come in handy. I had an academic career, and Jupiter rules higher education. Most of it went fine, but I wouldn't describe it as brilliant.

Basically your chart shows areas of focus and concentration in your life. People do not focus on the areas of life signified by all 12 signs and houses. I think playing to your strengths will make you happier in the long run.

astroubi

This is very interesting, thank you! :smile:

Good advice, I will take it into account! My 11th house has definitely guided me through in my career and studies, and I am happiest and most energetic when with groups of like-minded people.

astroubi

Hey waybread - in case you see this, I was hoping you could give me your opinion on a few new things I've noticed (sorry for the double post)

I've realised I did not take into account that Saturn and Moon are in opposition in my chart (2nd and 8th house) and part of a t-square involving my Sun and Pluto (both in 11th house). Saturn and Moon being the rulers of Capricorn and Cancer both intercepted in my chart, how would this be interpreted? Or would someone have experience with something similar?

Also, quite weird but this year my SR chart have Sagittarius and Gemini intercepted in the 4th (Scorpio) and 10th house (Taurus)..... Was I meant to be questioning this part of my chart this year? My SR Sun is intercepted this year in SR 4th house while Jupiter and Mercury share no aspects. SR Saturn is in SR 4th house, sextile to SR Moon in SR 6th house (note: natal moon in virgo). This year Capricorn rules SR 5th house and Cancer rules SR 11th. There's so much mirroring happening that I feel confused when trying to analyse it!

Also should add that this year and the previous one I have been attracting mainly Cancer boys... Especially the ones with Cancer Sun trine my Venus in Scorpio. Weird as my Leo Mars and Sun Sag makes me feel naturally more attracted to fire signs and Cancers always make me feel so confused (but my Venus is usually happy then)! A few of my best friends are also Capricorns.

Last edited: