I just don't get it...Chiron in Sixth House??

Junke

I seriously do not understand this, like at all..What could it possible mean?
I was looking through possible interpretations, and none of it makes sense. I'm an extremely healthy individual, at least up to this point in life. Don't know if I might get some debilitating disease...

Anyway, Chiron is supposedly a very important point in the chart, and while it's sign placement easily makes sense to me, what does the house mean??

Pallas-trine-Mars

Sixth House. The sixth house represents health issues, working conditions and relations with co-workers, and the learning and use of tools and techniques. It has to do with salvaging and preserving what is good and healthy in our experience. We begin to care for ourselves and our lives and thus health, hygiene and nutrition. The idea here is that we are able to analyze our experience and have thoughts about what is useful and what is not. The sixth house indicates an attempt to save the essence of an experience and eliminate whatever is effete or excessive.

http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/chartwheel.htm

Also, Vedic astrology considers the sixth a house of enemies.

VenusInAries

I have Chiron in the 6th I personally don't see it meaning disease or anything. I'm very healthy I take my health seriously. I do get interested in alternative health practices which I think this is indicative of Chiron in the 6th. Chiron is where the word Chiropractor comes from, I use to work for one and find it fascinating. Also Chiron was the wounded healer. I am very good at figuring out the best way to heal something or cure something .. if that makes sense..my instincts always lead me to a wonderful way to heal something. Example a friend had a scab on his arm that would never heal and keep building up. I just told him to keep a warm wash rag on it to keep it soft then it gently came off w/out bleeding and healed. So I think Chiron in the 6th is a positive not a negative.

Shadowflash

Hi Junke,

I have Chiron in the sixth too, and have struggled to understand sixth-house placements in general... One angle of interp I've found helpful is a certain differentiation between 10th house and 6th house realms. That the 10th, being naturally ruled by Capricorn/Saturn, has to do with "what has been Built (Capricorn) or Constructed as the platform upon which one is Most Seen in the Public Eye*...which usually has to do with career, yes. But not always. :) By contrast, the sixth house is naturally ruled by Virgo/Mercury, and aside from its immediate references of such intense mental/analytical orientation, has *everything to do with what one is best inclined toward offering as Service*, what one's nature has most to offer along these lines -- which is not at all always what one does "for a job," so to speak... ;->

Just FWIW... ;->

EJ53

Banned
Junke said:
Chiron is supposedly a very important point in the chart, and while it's sign placement easily makes sense to me, what does the house mean??

From the chart you've posted elsewhere, chiron is in Leo. You appear to know already that :-
1. Chiron points to a psychological wound in childhood that can never be healed/has to be lived with (chiron).
2. In Leo, that wound would result in feelings of being unable to express yourself creatively.

The chiron house position is where those feelings would be apparent. In the 6th, I would expect that to be the workplace/service to the community rather than health matters. So, you might find it difficult to express your creativity at work BUT (if you did not learn to live with that) the resulting frustration might eventually lead to health problems. This final outcome is unlikely - although mars squaring your chiron does point to that possibility.

Hopefully, you will learn/have learned to accept whatever wound chiron has given you and - if so - that leads on to becoming a "healer" of other people's chiron wounds. How/where that manifests is indicated by the North Node sign and house. For example, North node in Capricorn/11th might result in giving courses on "releasing personal creativity" to groups employed by large corporations.

Hope this helps, as understanding chiron is still new to us all.

EJ

Last edited:

Jeremy

A few points come to mind of my own. EJ makes a lot of sense as ever, so I am only going to add a few thoughts.

The 6th house is essentially the house of Virgo, so it is not entirely accurate to say that it is the house of health per se; it is certainly the house of nutrition, of taking care of our bodies, of taking care and giving ourselves regular good maintenance. This is where the health connotation arises because if the 6th is afflicted then our habits are not conducive to proper good maintenance of our health. If you like it is akin to having an accident, but not suddenly, rather we have built up to it slowly and gradually by not attending to our small duties to our own wellbeing. This is the key to properly understanding the 6th, which is the espression of Virgo in outer life. Here also is the key to the 6th being the house of work; actually it is not the house of work, but rather it is the house of habituated practicality, it is what we do on a day to day basis to meet the practical requirements of life, thus it has some influence over menial work, but for the career? For money? It is too sweeping a definition to say it rules all of "work" in this way.

Actually EJ has already made some very accurate observations about my own Chiron placement, I have Chiron in the 6th, also in Pisces, and I experienced a real crisis (or three) over the last couple of years that affected my spiritual health (Pisces/6th): I became depressed, I think that is a very accurate outlet for Chiron in Pisces in the 6th. Actually I have really discovered my own compassion as a result, and feel much better placed to help others now.

That is key too; apparently, many with Chiron descending in the 6th or 7th become terapists and counsellors, either for health, nutrition and lifestyle issues if the former, and for marriage and relationships in the latter case. I can also say that until Chiron is activated by the crisis then you might not be particularly aware of it either, because it is the "wounded" healer after all, not the "unwounded" one :)

My feeling would be that the crisis required to kick-start Chiron themes in our lives for a 6th house placement might well be to do with illness; but illness is only a manifestation of a psychic predilection which, unresolved, eventually is forced out, into matter. My feeling is that work can be covered by an amalgam of planets and placements: Saturn for ambition, 2nd House for what we do for money and so forth; health is just the same; people with strong 6th houses are often perfectly well, and people become gravely ill even without any 6th house influence.

Jupiter in the 6th is a good example. Illness can result from overindulgence, but often that very profligacy of habit (remember the Virgo connection) is induced by an ever-expanding timetable of daily matters which must be taken care of; it is exhausting for these people who are always having to attend to the minutiae of things and the quantity of 'habits' grows with the years. It is all connected, and sublimely too.

Chiron in Leo in the 6th might speak to me of pride going before a fall; thus overconfidence or as EJ says, a creativity problem. I have seen this exact placement in the chart of someone who unable to have children because their partner was sterile eventually became a foster parent and enriched several children's lives with their givingness. That is another profound Chirotic tale.

Annette1029

i have Chiron in gemini 6th house,i can't express my idea at work.i am so sensitive n feel stressful at work even it's easy job...rarely communicate with co-worker.

A lot of information to digest! Like putting together a puzzle. I'm clueless when it comes to asteroids, stars and odd things in a chart.

My current transit Saturn in Sag is conj Chiron in 6th.
Natal Saturn is in Virgo.
Someone upthread mentioned North Node in 10th, which is what I have natally.

I'm proactive about my health, always have been. Currently unemployed and job outlook is bleak due to age discrimination.

How do I tie all of these loose ends together to make a sensible narrative?

Tweaky29

Chiron in 6th house also in Leo

Taking an Advanced-Biotechnology course and I feel amazing doing it so I think it's the right choice as I'm feeling euphoric.

I found out embracing Chiron for your career is the best choice as it is the wounded healer and what better way to remedy your wounds than embracing them.

Chiron in the 6th House shows that your unhealed wound is to your health and attitude to service. It may manifest through areas of work, health, and service to the community.

Other possibilities with Chiron in the 6th House include: A tendency to control your body through rigid diets and exercise, a need to organize the chaos of life into strict patterns, emotional issues mirrored in the body through psychosomatic symptoms, an obsession with detail and perfectionism leading to a crisis in the expression of skills. With Chiron in the 6th House domestic life and daily routines can become chaotic and confusing, you can be overly critical of yourself and others, have difficulty forming equal partnerships with others, and a tendency to approach others as a teacher or as a servant.

Healing with Chiron in the 6th House comes from being of service to others without denying yourself and learning to accept the ordinary mess of daily life without trying to control it.

You may find some helpful insights on Chiron in Scorpio at the link below:

https://www.trulydivine.com/chiron/chiron-in-scorpio