Do you have Saturn in 7th? Are we doomed in love?

wan

Hi. I have Saturn in 7th house, and I have never had a bf ( I am turning 36 in August). This ***** some serious balls indeed. Has anybody also got this awful, awful placement? What has been your luck in matters of love and romance? I keep thinking that maybe I will be a spinster for the rest of my life. I am reasonably happy with my life right now sans-man, but I can't help but wonder if having a guy in my life would make it even sweeter.

Thanks.

JUPITERASC

Hi. I have Saturn in 7th house, and I have never had a bf ( I am turning 36 in August). This ***** some serious balls indeed. Has anybody also got this awful, awful placement? What has been your luck in matters of love and romance? I keep thinking that maybe I will be a spinster for the rest of my life. I am reasonably happy with my life right now sans-man, but I can't help but wonder if having a guy in my life would make it even sweeter.

Thanks.
Many have saturn in 7th and have luck in matters of love and romance
so it's clearly important to consider the chart as a whole
rather than attempting to 'blame' any particular planet or house placement :smile:

for example:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]SOPHIE MARCEAU
~ Virgo Ascendant Saturn Pisces 7th House [/FONT]
~
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]From 1985 to 2001, Marceau had a relationship with director Andrzej Żuławski. Their son Vincent was born July 1995. 2001, Marceau separated from Żuławski and began a six-year relationship with producer Jim Lemley. They have a daughter, Juliette (born June 2002 in London). From 2007 to 2014, she had a relationship with Christopher Lambert, with whom she appeared in the films Trivial and Cartagena. 11 July 2014 the couple announced their amicable separation[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]EMMANUELLE BEART
~ Leo Asc Saturn Aquarius 7th House[/FONT]
~
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]mid-1980s relationship with Daniel Auteuil co-star in Love on the Quiet, Manon des Sources, A Heart in Winter and A French Woman: they married in 1993 but divorced in 1995. Béart was also romantically linked to music producer David Moreau (since c. 1995 after she separated from Auteuil)and to film producer Vincent Meyer for two years until his suicide in May 2003. She has two children: Nelly Auteuil (born c. 1993), and Johan Moreau (born c. 1996). She married actor Michaël Cohen on 13 August 2008 at Genappe in Belgium, and separated in 2011[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
SELENA GOMEZ
~ Leo Ascendant Saturn Aquarius 7th House ~[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]romantically linked to Nick Jonas
Selena also entered into a very high-profile relationship with fellow tween sensation Justin Bieber in 2011. The tween couple had dated for over 2 years, and despite having a few reunions and celebrity duets in 2013, they remain currently broken up[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]LANA DEL RAY
~ Taurus Ascendant Saturn Scorpio 7th House[/FONT]
~
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]was in a relationship with Kassidy ex-member Barrie-James O'Neill from August 2011 until June 2014. Previously, Del Rey was in a relationship with alternative rock and antifolk musician, Steven Mertens, who produced her debut album, Lana Del Ray, before it was re-recorded by David Kahne. She was also in a seven-year-long on-again, off-again relationship with the head of a record label, who was a great inspiration to her and whom she calls the love of her life. She met him in her early twenties when she was trying to have her debut album released by a major label, and they are still close.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]MICHELLE PFEIFFER
~ Gemini Ascendant Saturn Sagittarius 7th[/FONT]
~
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Pfeiffer met fellow budding actor, Peter Horton, they began dating and eventually married in Santa Monica 1981. On their honeymoon she discovered she won lead role in Grease 2. Horton directed Pfeiffer in 1985 ABC TV special, One Too Many and in 1987, the real-life couple played an on-screen couple in the 'Hospital' segment of John Landis's comedy skit compilation, Amazon Women on the Moon. They separated 1988, and divorced two years later: Horton blamed the split on their devotion to their work rather than on their marriage. After marriage to Horton, Pfeiffer had a three-year relationship with actor/producer Fisher Stevens. January 1993, Pfeiffer was set up on a blind date with television writer and producer David E. Kelley. They married 13 November 1993. In August 1994, Pfeiffer gave birth to a son, John Henry.[/FONT]

Osamenor

Staff member
I have Saturn in the seventh, and I think one result of that placement is you can be very happy single. We're not the kinds of people who feel that we're nothing if not in a relationship or married. If we do enter relationships, it's with someone who can maintain good boundaries, treats us as equals, and probably also would be very happy single... they just happened to fall in love with us!

I've had one very long and committed relationship in my life, from my mid twenties to mid thirties (I'm now 39). Before that, I can count the people I dated on one hand, and none of them were deeply committed relationships or lasted very long. Since then, I still haven't started dating again; putting other parts of my life together is more important right now.

Penny4yourthought

I have Saturn in the seventh, and I think one result of that placement is you can be very happy single. We're not the kinds of people who feel that we're nothing if not in a relationship or married. If we do enter relationships, it's with someone who can maintain good boundaries, treats us as equals, and probably also would be very happy single... they just happened to fall in love with us!

I've had one very long and committed relationship in my life, from my mid twenties to mid thirties (I'm now 39). Before that, I can count the people I dated on one hand, and none of them were deeply committed relationships or lasted very long. Since then, I still haven't started dating again; putting other parts of my life together is more important right now.

This sounds so much like it was written by someone with a venus square/opposition saturn aspect in their natal chart. i wonder if you have that aspect too or if that aspect is just so similar to having a 7th house saturn that it feels kind of the same for the person.

Btw, i think i read somewhere that the planets can be substituted for houses and will give the same interpretation , in this case Venus substituted for the 7th house and squaring or opposing saturn would give the same feeling to the person with either of those in their chart. never thought it was completely accurate until now.

AtlanticPacific

Wan, I have Sat in 7th (Placidus) and also Venus (R) both of which I've read can delay l'amour...

My story is essentially the same as Osamenor's - longterm relationship that spanned most of my 20's, and single for many years since (with a not very active dating life, which is partly my own doing since I am not a fan of online dating and am reeeally picky).

As JUPITERASC splendidly pointed out, I don't think it means all hope is lost. It can also mean (from what I understand) that you're drawn to older men who bring/represent some sort of stability - which is certainly true for me. Speaking personally, I feel much more confident now than I did in my 20's about what I want and also how to be a better partner, which I think is the upside.

Hang in there...how are your solar return charts, progressions etc. looking?

wan

Wan, I have Sat in 7th (Placidus) and also Venus (R) both of which I've read can delay l'amour...

My story is essentially the same as Osamenor's - longterm relationship that spanned most of my 20's, and single for many years since (with a not very active dating life, which is partly my own doing since I am not a fan of online dating and am reeeally picky).

As JUPITERASC splendidly pointed out, I don't think it means all hope is lost. It can also mean (from what I understand) that you're drawn to older men who bring/represent some sort of stability - which is certainly true for me. Speaking personally, I feel much more confident now than I did in my 20's about what I want and also how to be a better partner, which I think is the upside.

Hang in there...how are your solar return charts, progressions etc. looking?
Thanks for your post, it was reassuring.

I don't really look at solar returns and progressions though.

nyclibra

Hi Everyone,

I also have the same aspect as wan. At times I REALLY hate it. Saturn in Cancer exactly conjunct my descendant (right on the cusp of the 6/7 house), and it squares my natal Venus in the 9th house of Libra. I'm 42 (but look very young for my age).

Haven’t had great luck with men (had a lot of self-esteem issues & am kinda picky because I don’t want to settle for whatever I can get). But the ones I did meet, I didn't really feel any chemistry or found them boring.

Had 1st real relationship which ended last year, that ran about 2 years. He was also a good & close friend. And even though I have this placement, I don’t like (& am not attracted to) older men at all.

I'm torn between wanting to have a guy around (because it does get boring & lonely sometimes), & wanting to be on my own & indpendent. Maybe it's my Moon in the 1st house of Aquarius.

Not holding my breath anymore about meeting someone. Don’t think it's gonna happen. But I seem at peace & okay with it.

Nyclibra

skiftande

I have not only Saturn, but Mars, Uranus, and Neptune in the 7th as well. I definitely sometimes feel the odds are stacked against me, but I just have to remind myself that we largely create our own destinies. I was engaged once in my mid-20s and that flamed out spectacularly, but I'm now almost a year into what has so far been a great relationship. Time will tell, I guess, but I have hope still. :smile:

aleth3ia

Banned
Hi peeps, I wanted to share what I'm currently reading, because it's one of the best books around regarding synastries and other "love aspects" in one's own chart. The author is Stephen Arroyo and the Book is "Relationships and life cycles"
About having Saturn in 7th house, natal chart: the placement of Saturn doesn't indicate a "single life", or anything doomed in the relationships matters, it could have been true in the past, where the age to get married was around 20, and we know with Saturn in there, the person wants to be sure of their decision, and that takes time. It's not a position for "marriage at first sight". But since nowadays it's even uncommon for most people to get married before 30, or to get married at all, Saturn in 7th shouldn't be considered as a factor for a delayed marriage.
The thing with Saturn is that, wherever it is, it will give a lot of importance to that field, quite the contrary of what tradition says. Basically, you give so much importance to the relationships with someone else, when your Saturn in in 7th, that you want to be sure that that's the right person and you're doing the correct thing, with no rush.

Hope it helped a bit~

design

saturn in the 7th is definitely not doomed or onely. I do think that it influences the idea of being extremely selective about who you date; also it makes you inclined/attracted to mature partners. There's nothing wrong with taking your time to find someone you think is suitable for you. :biggrin:

LostinPhilly

I have Saturn in the 7th.

I didn't date at all up until I was 20.

At 20, I briefly dated someone I was in college with. It was a bit of a short fling, nothing to report.

Then, I met someone else at 23 who was the cause of my very first heatbreak. It took me years to get over him despite the fact we didn't date for that long and were not in a relationship per se. I was absolutely mad for him though. He just wasn't The One.

From 24 to 26, I didn't date anyone at all. I was closed off and uninterested.

Then, I started dating someone else at 26 and again, it went south fairly quickly. He was my one true match on all levels, but again, it was a mess.

I never seem to get past the three/four dates mark for some reason.

I really want to find true love, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me!

rafaella

I have Saturn in 7th too...opposite my ASC by 2 degrees, so it is felt quite strongly. Never been married. Had one major relationship which lasted a decade. Have been single for very long and am not looking for a partner. Yes have had my heart broken so I now don't want to be bothered (to my poor mother's dismay....:tongue:)

Saturn restricts whatever it touches, so the relationships are few, and marriages can be long for better and worse. I think generally marriage can happen after age 36 (this according to Vedic astro, I read somewhere). So whoever is in their 30s, hang on. You still have a chance. Start dating once you hit 36 or even before.

Katarzena

This sounds so much like it was written by someone with a venus square/opposition saturn aspect in their natal chart. i wonder if you have that aspect too or if that aspect is just so similar to having a 7th house saturn that it feels kind of the same for the person.

Btw, i think i read somewhere that the planets can be substituted for houses and will give the same interpretation , in this case Venus substituted for the 7th house and squaring or opposing saturn would give the same feeling to the person with either of those in their chart. never thought it was completely accurate until now.

I agree, I was reading this response and I related to it. I have Saturn opposite Venus.

I have Saturn on DC. Actually, my Sa is on 28* of Aquarius and my DC is on 29* of Aquarius. My Moon is also on 28* of Aquarius.
Saturn is also my ruler...and I have a stellium in 5th. Love, relationships and generally other people are BIG theme in my life. Honestly, it takes so much of my energy.
I feel I've learned so much through my relationships. I don't feel like I'm doomed, I feel like I'm constantly challenged to grow and learn lessons.

creativei

Thanks.

Saturn in 7th is not good for female they say native remains unmarried throughout life or repeatedly get into bad relationship yet still aspects constellation 2nd n 7th lord should be taken into account. But this placement is very good for professional social spiritual success you are a mass leader quite popular in your surroundings if 10th lord strong then equal to minister. But for that you have to sacrifice struggle suffer in first part of life second part is very good 40's sat get directional strength in 7th. Very good at attracting large crowd. Living relationship is good than committed one.

In nutshell you are hero to society but loser in personal life... 😊

Osamenor

Staff member
Saturn in 7th is not good for female they say native remains unmarried throughout life or repeatedly get into bad relationship yet still aspects constellation 2nd n 7th lord should be taken into account. But this placement is very good for professional social spiritual success you are a mass leader quite popular in your surroundings if 10th lord strong then equal to minister. But for that you have to sacrifice struggle suffer in first part of life second part is very good 40's sat get directional strength in 7th. Very good at attracting large crowd. Living relationship is good than committed one.

In nutshell you are hero to society but loser in personal life... 😊

Creativei, do you yourself have Saturn in the seventh? If so, please share your personal experience with it, not just an assertion. If not, this thread isn't for you. OP specifically asked for personal experiences with Saturn in the seventh house.

creativei

Creativei, do you yourself have Saturn in the seventh? If so, please share your personal experience with it, not just an assertion. If not, this thread isn't for you. OP specifically asked for personal experiences with Saturn in the seventh house.

My answer fits for all i know personally sat in 7th people i wrote that keeping them in mind. It doesnt need to say everything from experience we can also learn from others life. I hsve one who remain unmarried one person who livee in living relationship who is active in local politcs so its all taken from real life stories only..

hemag

I have Saturn in 7th and it has been horrible for my relationships. I always loved from the bottom of my heart but ended up getting betrayed in my youth. Then got married to a narcissist and after two decades of marriage, ended up with a nasty divorce and lost my home. Spouse behaved worse than an enemy. In addition to Saturn in 7th, I also have the lord of the 7th house, Mars in the 12th house!