• Capricorn

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Pisces

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

LionKing

Gosh SS... sounds like me. I have Merc retro in Virgo. I do a lot of things at the same time. I write four or more books at the same time. (Keeps me from writer's block... ha!)

But being a dude... I do a lot of things the same time. I guess that is why I did so well in some of the factories I have worked at.
V/r LionKing

GreenMist

Banned
I think Aquarius is the most technically gifted, mechanically inclined if you will. But boy, do they have a sketchy memories. It needs a beneficial aspect to the moon and you've got yourself a killer mind right thurr :rightful:

Don't really think Mercury denotes intelligence, rather it reveals the mind's inclinations, tendencies and patterns. That's been stated by many astro buffs before already. A Mercury in Pisces and a Mercury in Gemini might have the same IQ but their minds would have different interests. The fish-heads would more likely be more drawn towards Neptunian vocations like music, hospital work and marine biology. The Geminian would be more inclined towards a career in public relations or communications:andy:

Mercury in Aries people are Poopy heads.

Wrong. Mercury in Aquarius are good troublemakers with little regard for honesty.

Mercury in Aries are inspired and brilliant and are the leaders of all innovations and philosophy.

GreenMist

Banned
And, I agree with Ms Hickey on Merc in Aqua.:D Where else could Merc be so progressive, tuned into frequencies other signs have difficulties even locating(;)), get the focus and direction through the fixed-ness of Aqua and Sat (at least as compared to the other air signs), plus those 'bright innovative sparks' and flexibility of Ura, able to see the bigger picture and, of course, a trend-setter (says Paris Hilton:p). Be it a good talk-show master, Oprah; my all-time fave writer, V. Woolf; scientists like Thomas Edison; genuises like Mozart; or the 'Liar' Jim Carey..... Aquarius produces all sorts:p. (of course, all signs do). I think, Merc in each sign plays its role, just a bit differently. In signs such as Gemini and Virgo, it has, however, the added power to do what it does best: think plus chatter (Gem), and analyse plus nit-pick (Virgo). Just kiddin'.

;)AQ7

PS: we clearly need a poll on this thread.:p

The bright innovative sparks are mostly found with mercury in aries, aquarius can be witty and interesting, but their work is not as profound or as meaningful as found in aries.

This placement has the leaders in all major fields.

Greatest scientist: albert einstein

Greatest Artist: Leonardo Da Vinci. ( also van gogh)

Greatest Writer: William Shakespeare.

Philosophy: Emmanuel Kant

These guys had no difficulty tuning into frequencies better than mer in aqu could ever hope for ;)

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
I don't think the charts of some people can be very accurate, for example, Da Vinci and Shakespeare.

Having a look on the web now, I saw different birth dates for Da Vinci. With Shakespeare there are lots of stories running around...and for me there is only one certain thing: we do not know when the writer was born. :smile:

Well they certainly can't be mer in aqua:whistling:

As for Shakespeare they do know the date of his baptizism, so there can be an accurate assumption made.

All the sources I have seen give april 15th for da vinci. :wink:

GreenMist

Banned
you really are persistant green mist with this mercury in aries a nd trying to convince us of its superiority over all the other mercury signs. however although being a native of mercry in aquarius myself as you are a native of mercury in aries, i do not think either of them is the best. however i will say that mercury in aries is very impatient and tends to jump to conclusions quickly without much thought, they also have not much concentration staying with one subject for long and an intellectual egotism is present with these people, not all of them, but it is present with alot of them. although they can be witty and like to think of things first.
however, mercury in aquarius people possess a mind that is original and detached. they are excellant judges of character. they would have humanitarian thoughts and avent garde ideas that the mercury in aries fellow very well might have overlooked in all his impulsive outbursts and temperment.

I don't think you can be both detached and humanitarian at the same time:whistling:

How can you have any sincerity about the ills of humanity when you have no idea of what it feels like? that's what I mean when I say these people are just insincere trouble makers. Sorry but it's true.:rightful:

Poor judges of character, I would give that to mer in scorpio.

GreenMist

Banned
yes you can, well not you, mercury in aquarius has the ability to detach and take a clear of of things as they really are, or how they could be. and be humanitarian is a possible choice, a way of thinking. of course you wouldnt think they could because you weren't privaledged with it. and either you had a bad experience with someone with this placement or you are just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, but i believe it has to be one of them, as i have said you are very perisistant. perisistant to prove that mercury in aquarius is a dwarf to your superior and most chaste placement of mercury in aries as you so knowingly believe. i'm not saying aquarius is better or the best, but i would happily oppress your opinion - which attempts to marr merc in aquarius, unsuccessfully, because they are very narrow minded statements in my opinion.

Nope, to be humanitarian is to be understanding of the human condition, I can't think of a worse sign than aquarius who are detached and aloof. Let me give you a defination

"In its most general form, humanitarianism is an ethic of kindness, benevolence and sympathy extended universally and impartially to all human beings."

Now tell me how a sign like aquarius who is detached, essentric and original can fit the criteria of kindness and sympathy? This is the area of emotion and understanding. Best Humanitarian would be mer in pisces, sag, cancer or libra perhaps, but aqua would be down the list.

I haven't had a bad experience with mer in aqua, but I must put them in their proper place, they are not the most brilliant and inspired, but the most essentric and erratic perhaps. I would advocate aries being the formost in terms of pioneering spirit and true ground breaking innovation.

Paris Hilton has mer in aqua. I rest my case.:biggrin:

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
"yes, you can. they.have.the.ability.to.detach.in.emotional.matte rs. but. that doesn't mean they are closed to groups and humanitarian causes. has that much sunk in or are you going to be a stubborn little fella again and quote everyone and attempt to make them look foolish. they have the ability to detach their thinking to see things as they really are, so are abe to create new ideas that some people might have overlooked. BUT they have a humanitarian-like mind, but they hate to be boxed in in any way "-ImNotThere9-

Nice you are resorting to personal insults.., very humanitarian. But you see humanitarianism is an emotional matter whereby the person is concerned with human welfare and puts in action a plan to stop human suffering.

I am sure mer in aqua and aqua in general fancy themselves as a humanitarian, but with lack of insight into human emotions they really are just playing a fantasy intellectual game which can often be removed from the complete reality of the human condition.

I am sure the aqua in mer position is great for origionality, but not so great necessarily for ideas that genuinely benefit mankind.

aquarius7000

Ok guys, everyone is entitled to their own views, and may rejoice in flaunting the flag for Mer in their own natal-chart's sign the highest.:p

Why not see what established astrologers and authors (not blowing the trumpet for their own Merc;) ) have to say about Mer in Aries and Aquarius, since these two signs seem to be most in discussion on this thread. Kevin Burk, in his book: Understanding the birth chart, says for Mer in Aries: "Aries energy is too focused on expressing individual identity to even think about exploring anything else. Mercury in Aries becomes very limited by this energy: as fascinating a subject as each of us is, we're not really the centre of the universe! Mercury needs more freedom to explore, and with more objectivity than Aries allows it.. The biggest challenge for Mercury in Aries is the tendency to start talking before engaging the brain.. Mercury can often find that it has asserted itself into a corner and wound up in an argument that it can neither win nor concede without losing face"
For Mercury in Aquarius, Burk says: "Aquarius is ..Saturn-ruled and concerned with structures and responsibilities; but Aquarius takes a much broader and more abstract point of view- our place in society -and this gives Mercury a bit more to work with. Mercury in Aquarius is free to express a much broader range of ideas, although overall it will tend to be attracted to personal freedom and social dynamics. As with Libra, in a night chart Mercury is able to function quite well- it is able to latch onto the objective (if somewhat idealistic) energy of Aquarius, and express itself quite comfortably. "

Re emotions and humanitarianism, I feel that not feeling that comfortable with relating on very close, one-to-one (Aqua is a group sign where the 'personal' ego & identity get dissolved into the 'we' energy) emotional terms is not, per se, the equivalent of "lack of insight into human emotions". On the contrary, it is this very emotional detachment of a 'one-to-one' basis that makes this sign so humanitarian (a collective term) and mankind- (another collective & group term) oriented, as it is able to look at the 'bigger (collective) picture' more objectively- without letting emotions cloud the mind. Conversely, being overtly emotional on a one-to-one basis or too emotionally attached also doesn't make one, per se, very 'genuinely' humanitarian.

As I said earlier, Mercury performs its role in every sign the best it can, but under the influence of different energies (as per the its sign-placement). However, the energy that suits it the best is one which supports its ability to rationalise, analyse and communicate (its main roles and purposes) the most congenially, so the element of water might not be that well-suited for this purpose. Nonetheless, even in water signs, Mercury has some dignity by term/face.

:)AQ7

GreenMist

Banned
Ok guys, everyone is entitled to their own views, and may rejoice in flaunting the flag for Mer in their own natal-chart's sign the highest.:p

Why not see what established astrologers and authors (not blowing the trumpet for their own Merc;) ) have to say about Mer in Aries and Aquarius, since these two signs seem to be most in discussion on this thread. Kevin Burk, in his book: Understanding the birth chart, says for Mer in Aries: "Aries energy is too focused on expressing individual identity to even think about exploring anything else. Mercury in Aries becomes very limited by this energy: as fascinating a subject as each of us is, we're not really the centre of the universe! Mercury needs more freedom to explore, and with more objectivity than Aries allows it.. The biggest challenge for Mercury in Aries is the tendency to start talking before engaging the brain.. Mercury can often find that it has asserted itself into a corner and wound up in an argument that it can neither win nor concede without losing face"
For Mercury in Aquarius, Burk says: "Aquarius is ..Saturn-ruled and concerned with structures and responsibilities; but Aquarius takes a much broader and more abstract point of view- our place in society -and this gives Mercury a bit more to work with. Mercury in Aquarius is free to express a much broader range of ideas, although overall it will tend to be attracted to personal freedom and social dynamics. As with Libra, in a night chart Mercury is able to function quite well- it is able to latch onto the objective (if somewhat idealistic) energy of Aquarius, and express itself quite comfortably. "

Re emotions and humanitarianism, I feel that not feeling that comfortable with relating on very close, one-to-one (Aqua is a group sign where the 'personal' ego & identity get dissolved into the 'we' energy) emotional terms is not, per se, the equivalent of "lack of insight into human emotions". On the contrary, it is this very emotional detachment of a 'one-to-one' basis that makes this sign so humanitarian (a collective term) and mankind- (another collective & group term) oriented, as it is able to look at the 'bigger (collective) picture' more objectively- without letting emotions cloud the mind. Conversely, being overtly emotional on a one-to-one basis or too emotionally attached also doesn't make one, per se, very 'genuinely' humanitarian.

As I said earlier, Mercury performs its role in every sign the best it can, but under the influence of different energies (as per the its sign-placement). However, the energy that suits it the best is one which supports its ability to rationalise, analyse and communicate (its main roles and purposes) the most congenially, so the element of water might not be that well-suited for this purpose. Nonetheless, even in water signs, Mercury has some dignity by term/face.

:)AQ7

I think you have given a negative reference to mercury in Aries which is not surprising given you're called Aquarius7000. So much for the renowned objectivity :whistling:

Here is one which is similar to most I have seen. ( from astrology weekly)

"Mercury in Aries gives a decisive, quick-witted, observant, sharp, original, inventive and competitive mind - well-able to originate ideas and put them into practice. Your talent for writing, speaking and debate enables you to influence others and promote your own ideas. At times you can be sarcastic, over-enthusiastic, excitable and given to exaggeration. "

GreenMist

Banned
I am looking through other opinions and they are in allign with what I have said moreso than burke.

Opinion still roughly the same.

[Moderator note - personal comments removed. Talk about signs to your heart's content in both positive and negative, but avoid getting personal by using member names and attaching adjectives/remarks to them.]

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

All/GreenMist, please put your brief response *above* a long, old text/quote from a previous post, if you must include entire quotes in your posts. It saves the reader the bother of scrolling down those old, already-read texts to get to where the new piece is.

Also, GreenMist, the "objectivity" that you mention there comes from Kevin Burk (who was quoted), a reknowned, established astrologer (-and multifold as compared to you and me); and that "objectivity" is not "Aquarian" in nature, but Scorpion- another Mars-ruled sign (Burk's own Mer is in Sco, so looks like he has done some in-depth analysis). I have to say though that Aquarian Mer can sometimes be a bit too airy and idealistic, and lose touch with ground-reality in the process.

;)AQ7

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
He is just one astrologier with one opinion. You said: why not see from established "astrologiers" and "authors" while mentioning and quoting only one. I wouldn't call that objective.

Secondly burk needs to go and re-educate himself and review his analysis.

Here is a more balanced and honest defination of the mercury in aries individual.

"Mercury in Aries is quick thinking. They don't have a lot of patience for studying every angle to every problem… they would rather make a decision and let you know."

"They tend to streamline their learning so they don't get too bogged down in details. They take what they want and dismiss anything they feel may be irrelevant."

"They are mentally agile and can think well on their feet. Obstacles in their path are terribly frustrating for them. This may bleed over to other areas in their life as well as communication. Aries Mercury is known for their impatience."

All/GreenMist, please put your brief response *above* a long, old text/quote from a previous post, if you must include entire quotes in your posts. It saves the reader the bother of scrolling down those old, already-read texts to get to where the new piece is.

Also, GreenMist, the "objectivity" that you mention there comes from Kevin Burk (who was quoted), a reknowned, established astrologer (-and multifold as compared to you and me); and that "objectivity" is not "Aquarian" in nature, but Scorpion- another Mars-ruled sign (Burk's own Mer is in Sco, so looks like he has done some in-depth analysis). I have to say though that Aquarian Mer can sometimes be a bit too airy and idealistic, and lose touch with ground-reality in the process.

;)AQ7

GreenMist

Banned
"Re emotions and humanitarianism, I feel that not feeling that comfortable with relating on very close, one-to-one (Aqua is a group sign where the 'personal' ego & identity get dissolved into the 'we' energy) emotional terms is not, per se, the equivalent of "lack of insight into human emotions". On the contrary, it is this very emotional detachment of a 'one-to-one' basis that makes this sign so humanitarian (a collective term) and mankind- (another collective & group term) oriented, as it is able to look at the 'bigger (collective) picture' more objectively- without letting emotions cloud the mind. Conversely, being overtly emotional on a one-to-one basis or too emotionally attached also doesn't make one, per se, very 'genuinely' humanitarian." -Aquarius7000-

You feel?, I didn't think aquarius did that?:wink:

I am not necessarily talking about one to one relationships, but in identifying also with universal human emotions as a whole. This is why I criticizise the aquarian notion of humanitarianism.

I don't think they have good insight into human emotions, but a rather detached assumption based on their own "originality" or assumptions.

If you are emotionally unattached then by it's defination you cannot be sincere about the human condition, but rather ingaging in some kind of fantasy game whereby to exercise your intellectual notions.

You cannot be objectively humanitarian without first understanding the human condition which in turn cannot be done without emotional understanding which aquarius sorely lacks.:sideways: