nodes transiting natal planets

milkywaygirl

did a search but couldn't find a thread that dealt with the nodes transiting natal planets. i've been fiddling around with solarfire and looking at these, would love to hear experiences of others.

what kind of people/events came into your life when the nodes transited your natal planets? what bearing did the house placements have if any?

aquarius7000

Hi Milkyway,

It's like you read my thoughts, I just told Neptune-rising on another thread that I intend starting a thread on Nodes-Transits, and here you've done it:)

I have always been inclined to believe that the basic quality (and thereby also effect) of the North-Node is Jupiter like (benevolent), whereas the South-Node is more Saturn-like in nature. Just like Jupiter, the N-Node is also associated with growth as we move forward in life in the direction it sets out for us; whereas the S-node is always related to the past (life), just like Saturn is related to the 'old' and 'karmic'.

I will come back later to talk about my personal experience with their transits through houses, and aspects to natal planets. Currently, I have the N-Node on my DC, and conj my Sun & Mer; putting the S-Node on my Asc, and this makes me feel like I have entered a sort of 'milestone' period in my life.

:)aquarius7000

gesso

ive been looking at these alot too...
its too bad celeste teals website doesnt have the descriptions of eachof the conjunctions anymore...they were pretty basic..but i still found them helpful. She has an awesom-sounding book coming out in nov that i think i am going to preorder
I wrote in another thread here somewhere about a few of my nodal experiences.,..met my first love when north node passed over my 7th hosue ruler (sun in the 12)...dad died when the south node conjunct my pluto in the 8th
My north node is rapidly approaching my ascendant..next spring sometime it will actually be conjunct i think..not sure on the exact time right now(this precedes my 7th house saturn return by a few months)

I am starting to think that nodal contacts(with midpoints too), as well as planetary stations conjunct natal planets, and progressions, are the most powerful indicators of events/change

aquarius7000

gesso said:
..I am starting to think that nodal contacts(with midpoints too), as well as planetary stations conjunct natal planets, and progressions, are the most powerful indicators of events/change
I think you are right there Gesso.
You know, I have been scratching my head for months now over what's behind (astrologically) all the incidents happening, which have been directly or indirectly affecting me in my daily worklife (6th house), ever since the solar return this year. I had another look at my transits and the N-Node has moved further now, from the DC into my 6th house, where I have my Sun & Mer, both of which are close to DC, but still in 6. The N-Node is currently conjuncting Sun at 2°55' and Mer at 1°07', and I can feel the repurcusssions of certain 'things' most now at my place of work. One thing that might perhaps be important to mention here is that, when all the trouble for me personally at my place of work started, transiting N-Node wasnt't directly touching my Sun/Mer, but was conj DC & opp Asc at 3°17'. All this while of course, and that is what actually explains the situation at least partially, is that DC & Sun/Mer - in 6 were being opposed by the S-Node transiting my Asc.

Of course, there are other indications which account for this rough phase I've been going through and still am at work, like the transiting Chiron also conj my Sun& Mer, and trans-Sat over my 1st house. I really wonder when this will end, and, what it will 'result' in? Also all this while, I have had tr-Uranus in a sextile to my MC, and tr-Jup in a trine to my MC (and I always thought that Jup trines would do some 'good':confused: ). Tr-Nep squ MC has certainly caused a lot of confusion & disillusionment.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hello :)

I've just had transit Mars square my Nodes :mad: I was very :mad: for much of today, that could just be Saturn transit opposite my Moon, but I'm sure Mars has something to do with my mood as well. One good thing, it made me determined to change and take action in doing so. That must be the inner conflict of the square that can become too much, leading to the person making some sort of change, so involving the nodes it might be quite a significant change.:)

Black Moon Lilith has just passed conjunction with my North Node, I didn't know what to make of that.

I get the impression, North Node brings things for the future, like giving us some sort of future project, almost like a cosmic gift. And South Node is bringing us something that needs to be finished off, possible from the past (life).

NR

enigmas

what do you think about tranist north node conjunct venus in 5th house (and venus is ruller of 2nd and 9th)?

karmic relationship or maybe karmic long trip?

Nexus7

I am wondering too what the transitting nodes to natal planets might do. It has transitted natal Chiron this year and saqared natal Mars, now soon the NNode will e transitting my Moon, though it is not quite in orb yet.

I did make an important trip to the UK insofar that I visited a neighbourhood I did not go near 15 years after leaving and got to meet someone I had come across over the internet, who had been actively campaigning to stop the demolitions that had taken place there. I then went to my parent's golden wedding anniversay party and met people I have not seen for decades, whilst my niece has just had a baby. I am not as close as all that to my family though, as we differ on most major viewpoints and lifestyle.

One of my old friends from the neighbourhood I used to live in is coming out to visit in about 3 weeks - finding out that most of the flats where I was had been flattened made me very aware of what I miss so much being where I am now, in terms of being part of a community of fellow artists.

So there is a lot of old links coming out of new, new links coming out of old, but don't know if I could link that to the transiting nodes.

freedomlover

Enigmas,

You wrote:

what do you think about tranist north node conjunct venus in 5th house (and venus is ruller of 2nd and 9th)?

karmic relationship or maybe karmic long trip?
Personally, I wouldn't see it as "karmic". To me, a North Node transit would lead you out of the karmic cycle and into your destiny. My shot at interpreting it? I would think maybe a chance to work with children, possibly foreign , or training to develop a talent, possibly artistic, possibly in a foreign country, possibly taking a trip that is very fun and exciting, and you never know who you might meet - it could be a "north-node" type love interest.
The signs and other aspects would add more detail.(A chart would be even better;)) Also, does the South Node hit any of your natal or progressed planets?

FL

Nexus7

In any case, in case you would rather leave all speculations about 'karma' to the gods, one fairly consistent interpretation I have heard come up for them frequently, is that thy are supposed to be associated to links with other people, involvement with the larger community? - in terms of what the planet being transitted might represent.

So with Venus, that might ceertainly stress relationships of the most persoanl kind, including thise links that might involve romance. If you are looking for romance....

Last edited:

windwispers

apparently nodes move back to their original position (where your node was at the tme of birth) every 18.6 years. these nodal returns are supposed to be significant moments of destiny.
two weeks ago i started my first day of work at my dream job. apparently on that day, transiting north node was conjunct my natal true node in 16 degrees aquarius.
this is all quite surreal....

katerina

Hi I am an Acquarius and I was waiting for Uranus to make a contact with Jupiter but beside the fact most probabily it depends of the fact that uranus it's transiting my 12th house, Jupiter is in sagittarius in 8th, but every time Jupiter make a positive aspect I spend a lots of money helping family members in need, this year not only lost my job, my partner lost his job too,I had Jupiter trine jupter and uranus trine Jupiter, what happened?
I lost my job, my boyfriend lost his job, I had to spend most of my savings in order to pay rent food and everthing else, but then I noticed transiting Uranus and Jupiter are in my 12th house and my south node is in my 12 house at 13 degrees, my boyfriend north node is in aries as well same degrees, when any planet makes an aspect with the south node means big problems, but saturn in the same time was transiting my North node meaning restrictions, and because Saturn has got a lot to do with bones, and it currently transiting my 6th house means problems with bones in my case with my teeths.
Nodes are bad news, but when transiting the 12 house are really bad news, very soon will transit my 8th house, better be prepared for a hard ride.

luluindenver

Enigmas,

You wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't see it as "karmic". To me, a North Node transit would lead you out of the karmic cycle and into your destiny. My shot at interpreting it? I would think maybe a chance to work with children, possibly foreign , or training to develop a talent, possibly artistic, possibly in a foreign country, possibly taking a trip that is very fun and exciting, and you never know who you might meet - it could be a "north-node" type love interest.
The signs and other aspects would add more detail.(A chart would be even better;)) Also, does the South Node hit any of your natal or progressed planets?

FL
In a few days the transiting north node will conjunct my natal Venus, which is conjunct my 7th house cusp. At the same time, there will be a Solar Eclipse in Taurus, conjunct my ascendant. The Sun, Moon, Mars and Mercury will all be conjunct my Ascendant during this Solar Eclipse, and transiting Venus is in my 1st house.

Do you think this is advantageous, romantically?

rahu

Banned
extremely romantic and I would think you should already be noticing that others are more sensitive to you or looking at you more. this transit also affects you aura so people will feel you enter a room before you really do and other such thing. but without looking at the entire chart, negative transits can find you with jealousy and hateful feeling being thrown st you.in such a time it is very important to keep oure feelings and thought about you.as any negative vibs you put out can come bake and attack you.
the node will add a psychic aspect so you may meet someone who is 'special" or someone who you feel you are destined to meet. and your intuition should be very strong.

rahu

luluindenver

Thank you for the reply. Since my north node is conjunct my 7th house cusp, the south node is conjunct my Taurus Ascendant, and many planets just transited. I have a packed 1st house now, with Jupiter in Gemini in the 2nd.

Maddy27

I have been tracking the North Node as it transits Scorpio quite closely as my natal N.N. is at 21 degrees/Scorp/8th house, and Sun & Uranus both at 3 degrees/Scorp/8th house. For me, when my NN return happened I found it to be most relevant in my career. I finally feel like I am doing what I am supposed to be doing with my life. Its not a lightbulb moment but more like a confirmation.

I have an interesting aspect involving the NN coming up and would love to hear your feedback. I noticed that I have a Transiting NN / Natal Sun (3 deg)conjunction and the Saturn / NN (21 deg) conjunction (ALL in 8th / Scorpio) will be happening at the same time. It feels significant to me but I am all over the place trying to make sense of it. Has anyone had a similar experience?