self-doubt and Mars-Neptune

Sweet Pea

I think the self-doubt may manifest as "not deserving" to have what one wants.

Mars should express and 'action' the desires and purposes of the Sun. When Mars is debilitated by Neptune, there will be a tendency to be easily led by other people's expectations and desires. A feeling that their needs are more important than yours.

This is a misunderstanding of the 'oneness' principle of Neptune. In actual fact, everyone's needs should carry an equal weight of deservability. Mars should not allow himself to be sacrificed all the time to other people's needs. When this happens, the martyr emerges and all kinds of sullen resentments are suppressed in the subconscious, out of which they will one day erupt.

Neptune dissolves your boundaries and gives you a leaky aura. That means other people's goals and agendas can easily be "inserted" into your aura, and also that your energy can be siphoned off and used by other people, leaving you feeling quite drained. Neptunians typically attract Plutonian takers and controllers and need to be "on guard".

Just Joy

@Money
Totally get you're words about Nep/Mars square.... Personally, my Nep conj AC / squ Mars conj MC lends to lots of personal ideas I have yet to kick-a-poo punch into 10th & 9th house mode. My Scorp Nep is conj AC, Mer & Venus rx ....plus conj sun via association (all in scorp). When in play with Mars /MC square in w/firey Leo . . . .lol... I don't know how to act!:unsure:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I keep coming back here because this aspect is difficult for me. My mars is in the 1st and Neptune and the 4th and I can tell u that my family is where my identity issues come from. Feeling like a failure if I choose not to go to college, feeling like an atheist if I miss church, always trying to fulfill and ideal person that they set for me. I feel constricted around my extended family now, because I'm not like them, I kno how to explain I'm just deciding if I want to spill it out on here

But I kno my setbacks are my fault. My biggest desire is to be down to earth, to plant my feet on the ground and feel the dirt and concrete. I can start easily but I have lack of follow thru burning out quickly out of frustration and fear of failure. This placement is hard because it takes alot of consciousness and alot of control. My mind gets the best of me almost everyday and I find myself in another world while the real world spins around me and when I wake up I end up playing catch up and running an imaginary race.

The things I must do hard feel extremely hard to cuz I fantasize about it going one way and it turns out different. I need to just stop thinking and reconnect with myself
And live not dream

poyi

Premium Member
Ascendant, Mars: Virgo

Venus Libra, house 1

Pluto, Saturn Scorpio H2

Sun: Scorpio H3

Mercury, Uranus Jupiter: Sagittarius H3

Neptune Sagittarius IC

Moon Aries H8

We have very similar chart!! Goodness....
View attachment 29516View attachment 29515

By the way, I have NEVER into drugs or drinking alcohol or lived by the sea, none of that happened. BUT! I look after many people that are drug addicted and suffer from alcohol abused, and I highly involved with medications (working as a registered nurse, I have lost count how much medications I ever had given to patients, that must be because Jupiter is also here to expand!!). I always want to live by the sea though!!! I personally think the whole sign housing described me better.

And I never doubt myself, when I know what I want, I have always been the Go and Get kind of person....Mars in Virgo but very powerful in my chart, with Scorpio stellium, I am also very certain about myself. When I was younger I had self-esteem problem but not anymore, I grown up to be very confident in many aspects, of course I have my own vulnerable time and reasons to become vulnerable...

Last edited:

Claire19

I keep coming back here because this aspect is difficult for me. My mars is in the 1st and Neptune and the 4th and I can tell u that my family is where my identity issues come from. Feeling like a failure if I choose not to go to college, feeling like an atheist if I miss church, always trying to fulfill and ideal person that they set for me. I feel constricted around my extended family now, because I'm not like them, I kno how to explain I'm just deciding if I want to spill it out on here

But I kno my setbacks are my fault. My biggest desire is to be down to earth, to plant my feet on the ground and feel the dirt and concrete. I can start easily but I have lack of follow thru burning out quickly out of frustration and fear of failure. This placement is hard because it takes alot of consciousness and alot of control. My mind gets the best of me almost everyday and I find myself in another world while the real world spins around me and when I wake up I end up playing catch up and running an imaginary race.

The things I must do hard feel extremely hard to cuz I fantasize about it going one way and it turns out different. I need to just stop thinking and reconnect with myself
And live not dream
I understand you as I have the aspect exact in Libra and Neptune is my chart ruler. If it were not for my Taurus Moon I would find it difficult to live on this Earth plane where we have to walk etc rather than just fly around as a spirit.

*emma*

Banned
I have the trine here. In my experience it is a little debilitating when you want or need to take action. Like nothing is straightforward. Self sabotaging imo. Obviously no aspect alone has all the power. I also have an exact mars pluto sextile which never fails me when i want something, the neptune aspect causes trouble sometimes in me not knowing what I want. Then again my mars is in cancer which is in fall to start with too safety conscious and a libra sun which dithers so much. I dont think the mars neptune aspect is about self doubt at all, it is doubt in a general hazy sense which stops and frustrates the mars energy.

Last edited:

Claire19

I have the trine here. In my experience it is a little debilitating when you want or need to take action. Like nothing is straightforward. Self sabotaging imo. Obviously no aspect alone has all the power. I also have an exact mars pluto sextile which never fails me when i want something, the neptune aspect causes trouble sometimes in me not knowing what I want. Then again my mars is in cancer which is in fall to start with too safety conscious and a libra sun which dithers so much. I dont think the mars neptune aspect is about self doubt at all, it is doubt in a general hazy sense which stops and frustrates the mars energy.
I think the conjunction lends to loss of drive and energy at times. I have Mars Neptune wide sextile to Pluto which I think often saves me.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

All it takes is self control and awareness, I guess this aspect gets a bad rap cuz no one talks about the success they had with it. It's body builders with mar Neptune aspects as well as athletes

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

That is incorrect. With body builders and athletes i would look for mars-pluto aspects and probably saturn. Mars-neptune would give artists and such.
It's not incorrect ie seen the charts I some bodybuilders and athletes that had this aspect just because you despise it doesn't mean another perso hasn't put it to use

And a mars Pluto aspect alone doesn't mean one will become some power hungry heathen

Body building is a part of fashion, they model their bodies for the adoration of an audience and most of them use drugs to obtain an image of perfection.

Maybe u need to look up some charts and you'll see that there are ppl with this aspect that crystallize their dreams instead of pitying themselves ad wishing for another aspect. This is what makes me dislike astrology, it in itself is to ague, abstract and far from realistic

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Also, I kno a few people with mars aspecting every planet from Saturn to Pluto, they seem to have no goal besides being well to do far from athletes and far from anything that has to do with weights but they never forget to do for themselves so if anything they look out for themselves do what they need to do to survive every mars Saturn Pluto aspect doesn't mean you'll be some athlete ppl should learn to take their life into their own hands and stop letting astrology fuel their insecurities and excuses as to why they can't bust their ***

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

As long as I get my point across, it's just the Internet my sentence structure doesn't have to be perfect but I'll try to improve on it

Last edited:

JayM

Also, I kno a few people with mars aspecting every planet from Saturn to Pluto, they seem to have no goal besides being well to do far from athletes and far from anything that has to do with weights but they never forget to do for themselves so if anything they look out for themselves do what they need to do to survive every mars Saturn Pluto aspect doesn't mean you'll be some athlete ppl should learn to take their life into their own hands and stop letting astrology fuel their insecurities and excuses as to why they can't bust their ***

Possibly, my mars in pisces in the 1st aspects all the outer planets (squares uranus, sextiles neptune, and trines pluto) and I dont yet know what I want or what my goal is at the moment (im getting there), I dont know if thats mars in pisces or the neptune or pluto aspect. Saturn in scorpio has almost the only hard aspects in my chart aside from uranus square to mars and inconjunt to my moon.

I've never done drugs, due to im guessing my cap sun but I used to be into video games alot and I have a bit of a food addiction.

Last edited: