Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 09-27-2018, 10:04 AM

Jupiter entering Scorpio

How soon are we suppose to feel effects of Jupiter entering a sign? In this case Scorpio on Oct 11th. Some say we can feel the effects way before it happens or can it only be felt once it crosses that imaginary line of 0 degrees Scorpio? Iím experiencing some tough times and was hoping Jupiter would save me..somehow. Going through so much mental agony and things appear fearful to me. Would like to not feel fear throughout my days.

Unread 09-27-2018, 10:12 AM

Re: Jupiter entering Scorpio

Subscribed.
My Natal Jupiter 1į in Scorpio 6th House. 😀
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:27 AM

Jupiter is leaving Scorpio right? It entered Scorpio last year.
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriv View Post
Jupiter is leaving Scorpio right? It entered Scorpio last year.
In Vedic astrology Jupiter is still in Libra. Jupiter is not really happy there. Jupiter entering Scorpio is the much anticipated transit of the year 2018.
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somna7H View Post
Subscribed.
My Natal Jupiter 1į in Scorpio 6th House. 😀
My natal Jupiter is also in Scorpio in nakshatra Anuradha at about 14į. It will be our Jupiter returns though I havenít read much literature on what a Jupiter return means in Vedic astrology. Thereís the western astrology explanations but Iím not sure if this translates to the same in Vedic.
Unread 09-27-2018, 12:10 PM

Oops mixed Sidereal and Tropical.
Sorry my Vedic Chart saying Jupiter in Swati in Libra 6th House. 😭
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Oops mixed Sidereal and Tropical.
Sorry my Vedic Chart saying Jupiter in Swati in Libra 6th House. 😭
oh! So that means youíre in your Jupiter return now? How was it? Did u meet alot of Gurus or teachers along your path?
Unread 09-28-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toots View Post
oh! So that means youíre in your Jupiter return now? How was it? Did u meet alot of Gurus or teachers along your path?
Yea,still 3rd return running until Jupiter cross 7į in Scorpio. No Gurus or Teacher. Jupiter is ny 8th lord and in 6th house. My Jupiter is worse. 16 yeas of Jupiter Dasa was devastating.
Note that in general I hate Gurus or Teachers since I was kid. I don't like them at all. I was good in studying and not even a naughty boy either. Still I hate teachers.
Unread 09-28-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Yea,still 3rd return running until Jupiter cross 7į in Scorpio. No Gurus or Teacher. Jupiter is ny 8th lord and in 6th house. My Jupiter is worse. 16 yeas of Jupiter Dasa was devastating.
Note that in general I hate Gurus or Teachers since I was kid. I don't like them at all. I was good in studying and not even a naughty boy either. Still I hate teachers.
Oh no, thatís terrible. I wonder how this is explained with it being in Dusthana houses.
But I heard in a video that a Jupiter return to itís natal position is always a good thing. There must have been some good that came out of it for you.
Unread 09-28-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Oh no, thatís terrible. I wonder how this is explained with it being in Dusthana houses.
But I heard in a video that a Jupiter return to itís natal position is always a good thing. There must have been some good that came out of it for you.
Mine is connected with 6th,8th and 12th.
I'm using placidious house system. Nothing worse than that.
What you asc ? Which house Jupiter in ? Which star ? House lord ? Dasa, Aspetcs etc will tell the full story.
Unread 09-28-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Mine is connected with 6th,8th and 12th.
I'm using placidious house system. Nothing worse than that.
What you asc ? Which house Jupiter in ? Which star ? House lord ? Dasa, Aspetcs etc will tell the full story.
That is true. My jupiter is in 5th house with Moon in Anuradha for a Cancer ascendant. I hope something good will happen. Been too many years of anxiety and fear.
Unread 09-30-2018, 03:28 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Crystalpages

Quote:
How soon are we suppose to feel effects of Jupiter entering a sign? In this case Scorpio on Oct 11th. Some say we can feel the effects way before it happens or can it only be felt once it crosses that imaginary line of 0 degrees Scorpio? Iím experiencing some tough times and was hoping Jupiter would save me..somehow. Going through so much mental agony and things appear fearful to me. Would like to not feel fear throughout my days.

Tropical astrology followers (SOME, perhaps not all?) give much weighting-weightage to transit returns of jupiter and the slower saturn (and retrograde mercury -- but let us not digress...?)

It is true that many jyotishis give much importance to sade-satis (saturn returns over natal moon), but here is what I experienced for jupiter:

First return (age 12) -- Inconsequential? Age 14 was harder and ultimately healing ...?

Second return (age 24-25) -- Growth and Maturity and began post-graduate education and first taste of independence and self-building

Third return (age 36-37) -- Became parent and attended a marriage of a close relative. Lost my home (flood), but covered by insurance and stayed with elder sibling during the five months that renovation took. OH, and during that period got covered by local TV for my research activity (Not astrological) and got interviewed by a national TV network.

Fourth return (age 48-49) -- Acme for myself, family and my work-group supervised by me, although a difficult time for neighbouring country and the world in general? A moment of awakening for ALL...?

Fifth return (age 60-61) -- Retirement, a bit earlier than I had planned, but very timely...!

Sixth return (72-73) -- If I have suffered enough already, perhaps the faculties of memory, wisdom-acquired, etc shall see me through when the time arrives...?

I am sure others who have experienced Jupiter returns differently, shall not agree or might have other memoirs to share? Little wonder that astrology (any, but I only know JYOTISH) reminds us during our heuristic journey, that ONE SWALLOW does not make summer, nor does ONE ROBIN announce SPRING for ALL...?
Unread 09-30-2018, 04:51 AM

Crystalpages Thanks for breaking that down! I'm about to enter my return for age 36-37. What house was your return placed in? 5th house? 7th house? or 10th house?
Unread 09-30-2018, 05:03 AM

Was reading an article on this transit and the general summary is -

Natives born with Moon sign Taurus, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn and Pisces will find this transit most auspicious.

Natives born with Moon Sign as Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius will get average results.

Moon sign born with Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Aries may get bad results of this transit.

(However, the above is general reading.....as we all know it would also depend on our chart,planetary positions as well)
Unread 09-30-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB View Post

Moon sign born with Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Aries may get bad results of this transit.
Yea, it wasn't that good except I'm still alive. It was my 3rd Return of Jupiter. And in 6th. It will near to my 7th house now. Hope things will be better soon. ☺️

I'm Gemini Moon.
Unread 09-30-2018, 05:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Crystalpages

Quote:
Crystalpages Thanks for breaking that down! I'm about to enter my return for age 36-37. What house was your return placed in? 5th house? 7th house? or 10th house?
You are very welcome! 6Th sign, 7th house.
Unread 10-04-2018, 05:05 AM

Thanks again Crystalpages. I figured it had to do with 7th house due to the public recognition?

Also can anyone answer the question about when we feel the effects of a transit. Some say 15 days before a planet enters a sign, some say a few days before, some say a day.

Tags
entering, jupiter, scorpio