Mars-Pluto aspects in synastry

Bina

Does anyone have any experience with this synastry-aspect, i'm wondering how strong Mars-Pluto aspects would play themselves out in friendships, with close relatives or in work-relationships? How would this possibly work in a relationship with a superior? - could it be too difficult to manage because of the constant power-struggles? :w00t:

I know that one can't judge a relationship on one aspect alone, but i feel this particular aspect can create a very powerful dynamic between two people and i'm interested to know anyone's experiences with this in relationships of any kind, please share...

I feel that it would make a friendship really intense, but could it also be an aspect, which, with awareness, could keep the friendship going? or would it be more likely to be blown apart at some stage, because the energy of these 2 planets together can be so volatile? Which is the best way to deal with this powerful energy, how can it be used constructively? :smile:

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I have this aspect in a composite chart with my ex boss. He also wants to be my friend and we do go out sometimes for tea and things like that - only platonic. In the composite, the Mars is conjunct Midheaven, Pluto/Uranus is is conjunct the descendant. Synastry we also have Pluto to Sun and Pluto to Moon.

I used to give my power away, generally in life, when I was working with him, so it didn't phase me. We still know each other, and now as I find I'm empowering myself more, becoming more independant/strong, power struggles are occurring. I also feel like he tries to possess me - and just try possessing a Venus/Mercury in Aquarius!! I am also going through Pluto square Pluto transit which is quite empowering in itself. As soon as I assert my own opinion or idea, which doesn't go along with his, it seems all hell, from his side, brakes loose! The connection is volatile unless I acquiesce. Though, another aspect of Pluto is the hidden, and I feel he has alot of hidden intentions towards his connection with me. Its definitely an ego thing.

I've also known (some romantically) and still know some people born in the late 60s, where their Pluto's (in late Virgo) are in square with my Mars. But with those, my Sun is also in trine with their Pluto. There is a bit of a power struggle, also passion, but nothing fake or superficial.

Last edited:

Bina

Thank you so much for sharing all this, Neptune Rising!

With the Pluto-aspects with your ex-boss, is he the Pluto person?

As soon as I assert my own opinion or idea, which doesn't go along with his, it seems all hell, from his side, brakes loose! The connection is volatile unless I acquiesce.

This is also my experience and i found it very confusing and am at a loss as to how to deal with it..:innocent:.. It also happens when i unknowingly do something unacceptable to the other person..

Neptune Rising

With the Pluto-aspects with your ex-boss, is he the Pluto person?

In the synastry, he is Pluto opposite my Moon, and I am Pluto square his Sun. The composite is Mars square Pluto/Uranus. I think the Pluto/Sun aspect brings out the ego side of things in the power struggles. I don't react to his outburst (ego/Sun) like he wants me to, I imagine I give a cool reaction (Pluto). He seems to want to smother me (Pluto/Moon), and when I pull away, he reacts.

I think, for me at least, its a test to stand my ground and not give into guilt (my Pisces Moon opposite his Pluto) when I don't follow all his requests. In my case, 'unacceptable' would be to challenge his word, but I do know my own mind and realise that my other friends don't react this way when, for example, I alter a plan slightly.

VestaMoon

Banned
A friend/distant relative's Mars opposes my Pluto. It also falls on my North Node. Our relationship is emotionally intense to begin with as our moons are conjunct, but I think Mars/Pluto amps it up big time.

There is an ongoing but kind of funny power struggle. He's older than me and sometimes still treats me like "the baby". We had a little tiff not long ago that went like this:

We were at a function. He had driven, I had taken the bus. I was leaving early and he wanted to give me a ride home and then return. I did not want him to leave on my account. We argued. I began walking toward the bus stop. He yelled after me, "You are so stubborn! I'm going to get the car and catch up to you!" I yelled back, "Do it and I'll never forgive you!"

And yes, I took the "never forgive you" comment back but I didn't like the image of him chasing after me like "Get in this car, young lady!"

The punchline is: We spent so much time bickering I missed the bus and had to take a cab.

Pretty silly, huh? I should've let him give me a ride home but Pluto will assert independence!

I'd say his Mars provides me with drive for transformation. There are things I need to change in my life and about myself. He will say, "Next time we talk, I want to hear you've taken this concrete first step toward that." It's the little push I need sometimes.

I don't know how he experiences my Pluto aside from stubborn independence. I've often wondered but he's not into astrology.

I read somewhere that if people with Mars-Pluto aspects can work together toward a goal without getting into power struggles with one another, they can move mountains.

Neptune Rising

This reminds me, I also have a boyfriend (3rd time round now) whos Pluto/Uranus is square my Mars (and trine my Sun).

VestaMoon's post reminds me of my interaction with this boyfriend. I tend to push him into changing certain things about his life, often quite in a volatile way! The last two times we split, its because I went mad at him over certain things, but discovered later that he used that push to change those things.

Bina

Neptune Rising and VestaMoon, thank you both so much for sharing your stories!! :smile:
Your posts are helping me understand the synastry of a complicated relationship which i'm trying to work out!

Last edited:

chris10

I found the following interesting link on Mars-Pluto aspects :cool::

http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.in/2012/01/mars-pluto-synastry.html

Double whammy with ex, were together for many, many years,
his pluto opposes my mars (0 degrees),
my pluto opposes his mars (1 degree).
There were of course a lot of other aspects - neptune/venus, neptune/mars, venus mars, saturn/venus moon/ nodes, moon/saturn,

but pluto/ mars aspects had the tightest orbs ...
let me just say ... sizzling hot :rightful:

By the way, checked the link ... it says it all :wink: