Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

JUPITERASC

“Religious scholar Bart Ehrman refutes many of the historical claims that Dan Brown made in his best-seller "The Da Vinci Code". Ehrman's book is "Truth and Fiction in the Da Vinci Code." (Originally aired June 2005)”

keep in mind that

Christianity crystallized
in the form of an independent religion
and doctrine separate from Judaism
only after passing through Egypt :smile:

which gave it three of the most important components.

The Cross:
Early Christians did not use the cross as a symbol.
Until fourth century AD, Christians in the ancient world used the fish symbol
"Ichthys in Greek" or ΙΧΘΥΣ, the oldest known Christian symbol.
The symbol of the cross used by Christians throughout the world
is the development of an ancient Egyptian symbol, "Ankh"
which carries the meaning of eternity, or life after death.

In the Coptic Museum in Cairo there is plentiful archaeological evidence
on the evolution of the use of this symbol and its adoption by Egyptian Christians
as a decorative element at the beginning
and then as a symbolic value associated with the eternity of Christ and defying death.

In the Coptic Museum in Cairo there are tombstones
that have a fascinating development of the use of the symbol of Ankh
which was traditionally placed as a sail
for the Ra boat in the other life to cross the sea of darkness.
After Christianity, the first Christians in Egypt
also placed on their graves the Ra’s sailboat
but with a slight change in the form of the ankh symbol
to become closer to the shape of the cross.

The evolution of the symbol of the cross from the pharaonic symbol Ankh
is closer to archaeological studies
than the common hypothesis
that the symbol of the cross refers to the instrument of torture used to crucify Christ.
The ancient Roman cross
that Christ was supposed to have been crucified on
was T-shaped
which was different from the shape of the known cross.

a84d31a64ecef8fee64fdbccee6d3b89.jpg

Trinity:
The oldest creed that Egypt had known for thousands of years
was based on the Holy Trinity
the Father God Osiris, the Mother Goddess Isis, and the Son Horus
whom Isis bore without defiling herself
Sounds familiar

your-ignorance-of-self-before-ters-then-you-dei-your-15366754.png

Last edited:

Shadowflash

IMHO, that depends entirely upon how any one individual defines the word fact. For the most part, we see what we want to see and, in this day and age, there is abundant and ready "information" out there to support just about every stance and "fact" regarding this, and other similar issues...

From my personal orientation, I'd suggest you ask yourself what your most immediate gut-instinct tells you; then go from there. Many times you discover, in retrospect, that that first hit came straight from your core truth on the subject; other times you can see how it began a longer journey of "living with the question," so to speak, of discovering your own unique, authentic truth about it...

scorpio176

My guess is we will never really know because if there was any evidence of Jesus having children then any documentation of this has probably been destroyed a long time ago by the church.

rahu

Banned
if the da code interest you ,then you should read his source books.
Holly Blood Holy Graill by baigent, leigh and lincoln and the second book Messianic Legacy
he even plagerizes fictional names rom the historical references.
rahu

Back when I was in college, we had within a history course the oppritunity to read this book:

http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/gospelmary.html

The problem is according to the document, that the document's author is flawed for he writes that Mary after the resurrection is addressing the 12 disciples, what is wrong with this?

Judas Iscariot is dead, for according to the canonized scriptures Judas hung himself when his plan obviously backfired upon him!

SO...

A) either the document found in 1945 in Egypt in a jar barried is an obvious heresy

B) or the cannonized scriptures are flawed not true

C) or if Mary as portrayed by the writer is what the document says or the writer is so off historicly as no orthodox accounts support this view

I personally find it an obvious heresy as there were many accounts destroyed by the Council of Niscea due to so much early distortions.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
there is another book of this genra called Tomb of God which identifies the spot were the knights templars re entombed the sacrophogus of jesus, in thethe rennes area of southern france.
by itself it seems a bit much. but after concidering the first two books, this is very interesting.

much of the reaearch on ,holy bood holy grail, has historical substantiation.
anyone who consider the illuminatti etc. should read holy blood holy grail. themes that question the spontaneity history underlie these books.

i know clinton... to this day Gnostics are still considered heretics...

rahu

piercethevale

Personally, I find Trevor Ravencroft's book, "The Cup of Destiny" to be the 'BOMB'...

The man knew what the **** He was talking about.

Many of those that were of liege to Arthur and later of true Templar associations are reborn in this time. I have heard rumor that six of the Knights are presently alive. [as a few members know I assert that Galahad and Parsival are among them.].

get real, get serious, get Ravenscroft...:wink:
ptv

rahu

Banned
i believe the title is The Spear of Destiny by ravencroft.
but the book does make one think.
there has been some questions about this book as it seems that ravencroft.as ravencroft was not attending the unviersity at the time claimed. but who knows.
rahu

rahu

Banned
ptv

you need to read Holy Blood Holy Grail as the teplars and arthur are put in a braoder historical perspective.

rahu

mdinaz

While some statements can be conclusively proved or disproved, too much time has elapsed and the various repositories for information destroyed by multiple wars and opponents that the "truth", whatever it is, will never be known. Add to that in various time periods that little or no documentation existed to begin with, much less survived 2000+ years, much of it the arguments either way cannot be substantiated. I read "Holy Blood Holy Grail" many years ago and while compelling, still some if it cannot be proved or disproved. I do believe the Catholic Church had a very vested interested in destroying much of the documentation that did exist that was counter to the doctrine they wanted to promote, but still after several World Wars and other regional conflicts, that proof is long gone.

rahu

Banned
there is a personal fact that led me to accept much of Holy Blood Holy Grail.
i am descended from a hasburg prince. my great grandmother was his daughter.
yet she was a ashkenazi jewess . this was confusing until i read the book and found out that there is a theory that some ruling families of europe have hidden jewish blood lines, as the austrian hapsburgs.
emperess maria theresa of austria had married duke francis stephen of lorraine. the house of lorraine was directly descended from the house of anjou/angevin who carried the royal jewish blood line from the merovingian dynasty of the 6th century.

so for me this is established fact

rahu

Last edited:

piercethevale

i believe the title is The Spear of Destiny by ravencroft.
but the book does make one think.
there has been some questions about this book as it seems that ravencroft.as ravencroft was not attending the unviersity at the time claimed. but who knows.
rahu

That's Ravencroft's other book.
Funny that you should mention it though... as I came to a conclusion, one evening about seven or eight years ago, and made some remarks about the 'Spear of Lohengrin' and what the act of the Roman soldier implicated to my good friend and fellow yogi, Suryakant, whom introduced me to Ravenscroft by way of the subject matter...which eventually led him to loan me his copy of "The Cup of Destiny'... which is about the search for the "Holy Grail".

...I even made some comments about the book, the material presented there-in and Trevor in a thread I initiated here in the forum somewhere...a few years ago.

btw... where did you get any info on Ravenscroft...as I have been unable to find out anything about the man?... and, GEE? ... no one seems to remember Him at university...hmmmm? Now why does that 'ring a bell'...!?!?!?

Last edited:

piercethevale

there is a personal fact that led me to accept much of Holy Blood Holy Grail.
i am descended from a hasburg prince. my great grandmother was his daughter.
yet she was a ashkenazi jewess . this was confusing until i read the book and found out that there is a theory that some ruling families of europe have hidden jewish blood lines, as the austrian hapsburgs.
emperess maria theresa of austria had married duke francis stephen of lorraine. the house of lorraine was directly descended from the house of anjou/angevin who carried the royal jewish blood line from the merovingian dynasty of the 6th century.

so for me this is established fact

rahu

Well, that's interesting...as all this time I thought you were of India ancestry.

I figure that there is a bloodline from the House of David, in European royal bloodlines... but I don't know that the book you recommend can be trusted... already seen enough programs on the "History Channel" to make me all the more skeptical...yet, I always try to keep open minded... but, as for this, that opening is but a crack.

rahu

Banned
oh i didn't know about the" cup of destiny".
actually it has been a coule of decades since i read "spear of destiny".
as to ravencroft, i was on a forum, dont remember which and there was a thread aboout spear of destiny.
ravencroft ,in that book, siad that after WWII he enrolled in a university in england .he became friends with a professor who had known adolph hilter when he was in vienna in the 20s. when hilter came to power he asked this professor to join the Ahnenerbe which was hilters occult bureau. but the professor declined and ended up in england where he provided the allied comanders with occult information.he became there astrology/occult expert to anticipate hilter's action.
but on this forum , it said that ravenscorft had been take to court to prove that he was never enrolled at the time this professor was at the university.
apparently ravenscroft admitted to this fact. so critics took this to mean his "spear of destiny " book was fauduent as everything he wrote ,he had gleaned from the time he was with this professor. the professor had agreed to never tell the story after the war ended.

rahu

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
PTV
you should read holy blood holy grail because a good case is made that legend of king arthur was a allegory for the merovingian dynasty.
the merovingians were reputed to have magical powers, they were siad to be of the house benjamin and their totem was the bear and they reigned in the 6th century. the last merovingian predender was raised in england where he married into english or welsh royalty???? ( been awhile since a read it) and then returned to france to try to regain his throne(unsuccessfully).
the book makes the point that the legend of arthur is placed in about the 6th century, arthur(ursala) means bear, arthur had magical powers. the author of the grail story was a french man,chreiten of troyes. troyes had been a merovingian capital. also some of the places in the grail story are in france. yet the tale never talks about having to cross the english channel to get back an forth to avalon.

if you are interested in the arthurian legend , it behooves you to read Holy Blood Holy Grail

rahu

piercethevale

oh i didn't know about the" cup of destiny".
actually it has been a coule of decades since i read "spear of destiny".
as to ravencroft, i was on a forum, dont remember which and there was a thread aboout spear of destiny.
ravencroft ,in that bok, siad that after WWII he enrolled in a universit in england .he became friends wit a prfessor wo had knwon adolph hilter when he was in vienna in the 20s. when hilter came to power he askrd this rofessor to join the Ahnenerbe which was hilters occult bureau. but the professor declined and ended up in england where he provided the allied comanders with occult information.he became there atroloy/occult expert to anticipate ilter's action.
but on this forum , it said that ravenscorft had been take to court to rove that he was never enrolled at the time this professor was at the university.
apparently ravenscroft admitted to this fact. so critics took this to mean his "spear of destiny " book was fauduent as everything he wrote ,he had gleaned from the time he was with this professor. the professor that agreed to never tell the story after the war ended.

rahu

I'll have to 'Google' his name one more time and see if I can find anything about the charges brought against Him.
There are things He wrote of int the "Cup" that I have found to be rooted in some very obscure esoteric and nearly occult writings, that I have personally* found to be true and nothing that He wrote has led me astray to date ...

* ...as to what, personally? That gets into the profile he gave for the re-incarnation of Parsival that He wrote would occur in time for the new millenium...which is what Rudolph Steiner also wrote would occur. The "Spiritual Path" he describes is the same as that mentioned by Swami Sivananda in His book on Japa Yoga, which the good Swami briefly makes mention of as for being of such a rarity, a kind of "Reverse Yoga", for those that achieve Samyama with the Logos ...i.e. the bij-word, bijmantra, 'OM' [or AUM, if you prefer]... if that mantra wasn't given to them by a "guru", but rather just an acquaintance.

As Ravenscroft wrote, "The Parsival [pierce the vale] is the Knight of the Sword, Knight of the Word, Knight of the Sun and He whom reads the Starry Script."

piercethevale

p.p.s.
What conclusions I came to concerning the 'Spear', Suryakant told me that Ravenscroft had written the exact same thing [which opened a few whole new doors in my relationship with Suryakant, as I had only met him about a little more than a year before, at that time]... and recently I found an accounting of Parsival, that I hadn't heard of before... that although He failed to obtain the "Grail" [which, Sir Galahad did so suceed!] he came riding back to Camelot having found and retrieved the 'Spear'... go figure...?!?