8th house ruler in 5th house, does it indicate death of a child?

Ixaee

Does this placement generally indicate loss of a child?

Does anyone here have any experience on reading or living with this?

Last edited:

waybread

No.

I mean, except in the sense that everyone's child dies eventually. Maybe in her 90s.

My 8th house ruler is in the 5th. I have two adult children. So far, so good.

Death prediction is a very dodgy business. Traditional astrologers had methods of calculating death, but they are not so simple, and then the experts could not agree on the correct method. They often made mistakes.

Note that the 8th house rules many different things, including inheritances, money that is shared in some way (notably from one's marriage, but including investments), sex organs, and various things associated with death besides an actual death.

Ixaee

Thank you Waybread !!

I also have 8th house ruler in the 5th (pisces/neptune) and have been feeling really cautious about this..

A friend of mine mentioned that it could mean that our actual or symbolic death could simply be in the presence of a child, or in the presence of a love interest (near a boyfriend/etc). Vedic astrology sites keep mentioning a possibility of child mortality... (which started to worry me)

Im so glad to see that you have 2 adult children and all is well........ it really helps me rest again :joyful:

Last edited:

DreamingTheSeas

Astrologer Max Heindel was saying that having Moon in 8th (among other things) increases the number of children though there is a change of them to die. He also was saying that having Mars in 5th ( among other things) in a woman's horoscope there is a grave death to a child.

waybread

This is exactly the reason why I think "death astrology" is a bad business. If you really look into it, you will find multiple predictive techniques...that contradict one another. Hopefully astrology isn't just a means of feeling more superstitious about things that make us feel anxious already.

Ixaee, if we do the numbers, there is a 1/12 chance that any given person will have the ruler of the 8th house in the 5th. This amounts to 1/12 of approximately 7 billion people on the planet just now, or roughly 580 million people. If all of them had children dying prematurely, I think the life insurance industry, actuarial scientists, and the health care professionals would be all over this one by now.

Note also that the 5th house rules more than just children. It concerns amusements, recreation, and leisure activities of various sorts. It is also the house of love affairs in the sense of something for fun, vs. marriage and long-term partnerships, which are a 7th house matter. It is nicknamed "the party house" or the "fun house." Surely we can think of all kinds of combinations involving the ruler of the 8th in the 5th that do not involve the premature death of a child.

But yes, they will grow up and die eventually.

Dreaming the Seas, actually Mars is the ruler of my 8th house and is in the 5th. Of course, like any mother, I worry that a child might die prematurely. But just now my son is 32 and my daughter is 27.

Last edited:
Does this placement generally indicate loss of a child?

Does anyone here have any experience on reading or living with this?
focus on the positives :smile:

Ruler of the Eighth House in the Fifth House
Your dreams can manifest as creative abilities. A major transformation towards your approach to life can be stimulated by your children or children in general. You have intense feelings about love and you could have a deeply intimate bonding experience with a lover.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr12

Astrologer Max Heindel was saying that having Moon in 8th (among other things) increases the number of children though there is a change of them to die. He also was saying that having Mars in 5th ( among other things) in a woman's horoscope there is a grave death to a child.
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator] I have mars in gemini (supposedly non fertile) and got pregnant at the drop of a hat (jupiter in 8th house of sex and conception) my two boys are alive and healthy :kissing:

Last edited by a moderator:

Anachiel

When it comes to things like this, there really have to be more testimonies in the chart than just the one. For example, the 8th house can also be considered the 4th from the 5th - so, the child's own home, or the child's father, or...you get the point.
No house is simply it's own house. It can become something else when the chart is turned. It depends on the perspective and topic and context. The wheel turns! it is not static any more than the sky is.
I'm not even sure why the 5th ruler in the 8th would be the child's death (unless I misunderstood something in this thread) because the 8th is the person's (whose chart we are looking at) own death. It's their house of death (among other things) not the child's. The CHILD'S death would be the 8th house from the 5th or the 12th house of the unturned chart....see?
In any case, you need a lot of things going on. Plus, I daresay I would try to predict a child's death from a parents natal chart alone. That's like looking for a drop of experience in an ocean of life.

Blessings,

Anachiel

waybread

While you're at it, research the hyleg. There are about half a dozen ways to calculate it, and was one of the reasons why medieval and renaissance astrologers came up with different predictions, even back when people thought death prediction was a smart idea.

ptolomy

In Near death experiences it has been mentioned many times by the being of light that the time of death is predetermined,but that because we have free will it can be altered by murder and suicide,But the light warns that doing this is very prejudicial karmically,People who commit suicide but survive ,report very frightening experiences and remorse.I believe we are not meant to know the moment of our death for very good reasons as it could negate the path we are meant to be following this life time and because such information in the hands of spiritual idiots would be abused to the detriment of the greater plan,Also the harm and fear generated by such knowledge would make people feel their lives were hopeless.
I think you should ask your self why you would want to know the time and method of some ones death,and what good it could do if it was possible to know.I reccomend that for your own good and others that you leave the subject well alone,and instead ask your self what good can i do to help people make their life worth living and purposefull?.
Im sure then when you pass over that you wont have difficult karma to face in your next incarnation due to the harm such knowledge could do to yourself and others.

virgo18

IXAE

I have the ruler of the 8th in the 5th... It is the moon perhaps. It is in Taurus in the 5th and I read in some place that it means that if you have kids they will be born by "cesarea"... as the 8th house also means surgical interventions.

It also means that you see all the matters of the 8th house (death, occult sciences, money management) in a fun way... like if they were a hobbie.

It depends how is the planet condition to see if the ruler of the 8th in the 5th will affect one's child.

ptolomy

Some Geneticist's are presently saying that by measuring lengths of Telomeres which are special genes at the ends of Chromosomes and designed to stop the strand unravelling and therefore giving incomplete data for cell building ,and consequently leading to degeneration of the body,that it might be possible in time to predict someones time and type of death by the length of Telomere and the type of DNA data destroyed.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere
I dread to think where this information will lead if it is possible to make such predictions.

waybread

I thought posters on this thread might be interested in the following excerpt from the Astrodienst forum rules (www.astro.com):

"Posts can be deleted by moderators without justification. This applies especially to posts which are:

"racist, offensive, dishonourable, hateful......... Predictions of death or fatal deseases are not permitted, and such questions should not be asked in the forum.
".....Users who do not abide by these rules, will be barred from the forum."

I thought posters on this thread might be interested in the following excerpt from the Astrodienst forum rules (www.astro.com):

"Posts can be deleted by moderators without justification. This applies especially to posts which are:
"racist, offensive, dishonourable, hateful......... Predictions of death or fatal deseases are not permitted, and such questions should not be asked in the forum.

well maybe you should be putting this is Help forum for Mods attention then.

Ixaee

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, though it wasnt my intention to break any sort of rules (here or elsewhere). I was looking for some experiences and perhaps a bit of reassurance that Vedic lesson sites arent always right in their grim interpretations :wink:

This thread can be closed if its breaking a rule.......... thank you to absolutely everyone who's responded!!

DreamingTheSeas

So we have only to discuss things like :
-is he going to divorce his wife and leave his 10 children and marry me???
-Urgent ! i lost a slice of parmesana, did my cat ate it???
-Will i be famous, rich and king of the world???

ptolomy

Its very simple as i see it,None of us would enjoy being informed that we are going to die on a specific date by a specific method,We all know people who ask such questions and are very gullible,The person who suggests that they know such things maybe right,they may be wrong,But the gullible wont know,Do you want to be responsible for what they might do with such information?,They might even take their own life thinking life is hopeless.

On the subject of Parmessan cheese,Where i come from its processed and therefore not alive like real cheese which is mature and therefore alive like Stilton for example,there fore being a dead cheese im sorry to say that you may not discuss P........n cheese. :p

positive

Banned
Its very simple as i see it,None of us would enjoy being informed that we are going to die on a specific date by a specific method,We all know people who ask such questions and are very gullible,The person who suggests that they know such things maybe right,they may be wrong,But the gullible wont know,Do you want to be responsible for what they might do with such information?,They might even take their own life thinking life is hopeless.

On the subject of Parmessan cheese,Where i come from its processed and therefore not alive like real cheese which is mature and therefore alive like Stilton for example,there fore being a dead cheese im sorry to say that you may not discuss P........n cheese. :p

Why assuming something. Nobody is predicting the lifespan. 8th house is traditional the house of death. want making astrology without 8th house?

why not discuss it. why not asking for experience to explore the different meanings this house has to offer.