Playlist of the Week(music)

leomoon

PTV, she got me with this one, even though I do have 96 tears and the Mysterians!

Thanks LeoMoon, I am surprised I don't know the name Archie Bell, I know a lot of Motown stuff, lived south of Detroit in Canada, a long time ago.

If you get the time, fast foward the 1st link (the one with the Barnie Dolls on the Mysterians 96 Tears - to about 3-4 min at ending of video. You see he's moved Ken and Barbie, to mimic crying tears! :)smile: Boy how music has changed over the decades, we use to have a lot of fun.

Opal

Premium Member
If you get the time, fast foward the 1st link (the one with the Barnie Dolls on the Mysterians 96 Tears - to about 3-4 min at ending of video. You see he's moved Ken and Barbie, to mimic crying tears! :)smile: Boy how music has changed over the decades, we use to have a lot of fun.

I did! Times have changed, do you have your mask on? :sideways:

piercethevale

PTV, she got me with this one, even though I do have 96 tears and the Mysterians!

Thanks LeoMoon, I am surprised I don't know the name Archie Bell, I know a lot of Motown stuff, lived south of Detroit in Canada, a long time ago.

Wow... I had no idea of who [the band] or what [the song] until I clicked the link...and ....OOooooh, yeah... boy do I remember that song... just never paid attention to the bands and song titles so much back at that time. I was entering high school the Fall of 1968. In junior high, we had homerooms.. That's where you spent the first half hour of each day, getting the official campus lowdown, any administrative notices, and the teacher for that classroom you were assigned to as your homeroom [for all three years] took the official role call. That way the administration knew if you had made it to school by the start and whether you had skipped any classes later that day...as each class you had [six periods, six classes a day] took a role call as well.

When I started junior high the Fall of 1965 I was assigned to the classroom that taught Electrical. It was a "shop class". The teacher was Mr Sopland, [from Wisconsin, Nordic as they come] He was right out of college, looked like a ringer for David McCallum, and He let us set up a killer radio tuner, with humongous speakers. Many a time you had homeroom at the end of the day, as well. So for three years, from Sept. 1965 to mid June, 1968 we got to listen to that radio .and you know what a time that was for the music...
It was just sooooo 'groovy'... we were the envy of all the other homerooms.

Thanks for sharing...and for bringing it to my attention.:biggrin: