Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 07-13-2016, 02:56 AM

Re: How did you get into astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedoodle View Post
It's like eating the best cake with the best cup of tea.
Or finding a great book that you end up immersed in, whether its a protagonist like Alice or An Antagonist Like Like the Red Queen that happens to be the focal point. Myself would like be the Hatter.

Unread 07-15-2016, 10:54 PM

I was at university and I had a vacation job in a bookshop that had a copy of Mayo's Teach Yourself Astrology. Out of curiosity, I bought it and cast my horoscope. Everything seemed to fit, except my Ascendant: there was no way that I could be a Taurean. My mother insisted that the birth time was right, so i wondered if Mayo was wrong in showing my birth date as during summer-time. I went to the library, checked the old newspapers, and sure enough he was wrong: my Ascendant was Gemini. That was clear proof that I had not accepted the horoscope out of gullibility, as the skeptics would claim. I was hooked!
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidMcCann For This Useful Post:
StillOne (09-18-2016)
Unread 07-17-2016, 10:58 PM

Grandma introduced Astrology to me during my childhood.
Unread 08-07-2016, 05:22 AM

it all started when i was younger when i read my horoscope on www.astrosofa.com
i quickly showed quite a lot of interest for star signs, ascendantes, planetes, etc ..

then in school we learnd about the solar system and all of the sudden i became a good student
my mum bought me some extra books for at home, to read more about stars and planetes.

so i guess this is how it all started hihi
Unread 08-14-2016, 12:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sonkido Send a message via Yahoo to Sonkido Send a message via Skype™ to Sonkido

I for one can't think of a time when I wasn't into Astrology. But it took me a while to start seriously studying it. I've always had an interest in the esoteric arts so to say, I've read a lot on the subject for years. First I needed to dip my feet deep into Tarot (which I seriously started learning around 2007), but a few months ago it stopped working for me (as in too much effort, it started feeling like an energy drain, plus I stopped finding it relevant for me atm). And then I thought, what a great time to start dipping my toes into Astrology! :-D
Unread 08-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Account Closed

I was always interested in my Sun sign and would constantly read the news paper's section on it. Since my Sun is in Domicile (Conjunct Venus) and in the first house, I really can associate myself with lots of atypical Leo traits. But then my friend, whom I didn't know was into astrology, told me a little bit about natal charts and such. Needless to say, I was interested and did some digging on my own. I've been reading pages from Skyscript for a little over 3 weeks now and I find the rabbit hole every so interesting.
Unread 08-16-2016, 07:33 PM

How did you get into astrology? A few months ago my friend created a website - horoscope2017.org and he asked me to look on it. My sign is Leo, and i liked predictions which were on that website, but i understand that they can be innacurate, cause my friend missed most of astrology lessons in high school. So I decided to find out more information about future and astrology things and i found an astrologyweekly.com. So now i am here, and i want to know everything about horoscopes, astrology and my future.
Unread 09-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Banned

How I got into astrology ok now, I was scanning through this newspaper and I saw this thing called zodiac signs. "I was like what in the world is zodiac signs", as you can tell that was the beginning of my journey.
Unread 09-28-2016, 03:03 AM
Banned

Who is this ray girl everyone is talking about?
Unread 10-04-2016, 04:17 AM
Banned

I'm actually AppLeo you retarted libra bags.
Unread 10-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Banned

Right, so, a friend of mine, a tiny little punk-geek named Mouse (not his real name, obviously), was telling me about his wiccan religion. I don't subscribe to religion in general, but I think the subject is very interesting, so I'm always open to hearing about it. Anyway, the coversation somehow shifted to astrology, and having had no first-hand experience, I asked what the deal with it was. The explanation he gave me was interesting enough, but he offered to let me borrow a copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astrology, which he kept on-hand just for situations like that. After just the first few chapters, which I read in one sitting, I had a clear enough understanding of the subject to realize that not only was there enormous potential for the study to change how humans live and interact for the better, but also that the subject was brutally and unfairly maligned. Pretty much from that point forward, I made it a personal obligation to alter the public perspective on the subject. And here we are!
Unread 11-05-2016, 06:51 AM

I didn't know if I was cancer or gemini which is a mistery for those who are born on June 21

People would tell me I am Gemini, then they would tell me I am Cancer

So, when I started using the internet, I finally searched about that. And that way I got to know the natal chart and I was like and searched everything, I love astrology
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLwhitaker For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (11-05-2016), katydid (11-16-2016)
Unread 11-05-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachySweet View Post
I'm actually AppLeo you retarted libra bags.
LOLOL who said this?? Was it Ray or CT?
Unread 11-05-2016, 04:23 PM

I have been interested in astrology since I was young. In about 5th grade I looked up my sign on the internet and thought it was accurate. Now, at the time, I was depressed. I had been through abuse and pretty traumatic experiences as a child. As a result, I had trouble defining myself beyond the symptoms I had (anxiety, nightmares, emotional exhaustion, etc.). So, as I dug deeper into astrology around 6th grade, I learned more about who I was as a person, and who I could become. Astrology became a tool for me to get back what had been taken from me: myself. I used it as a healing tool and it really did help. The community I found with astrology was so kind and willing to share their knowledge. So, yeah. For me, astrology started out as a way to learn more about myself and help define myself. Now it's something that I use in my daily life. It's beautiful.
Unread 03-10-2017, 09:26 PM

It all started because I have a crush on a guy. Went to research his horoscope sign, and I started coming across this birth chart thing, and from then on, I started being hooked onto astrology. It's been 10 years and I still love astrology so much.
Unread 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM

I'm a Leo too, though I think astrology is nonsense, except when I read something like this: "Leo man could embody everything that a man aspires to be courage, controlled aggression, wit, humor, instant sex appeal and charm!"

The uncanny accuracy of that description shakes my skepticism about astrology. Though it may lack the authority of science, there surely must be something to reading the stars if the practice can produce such a definitively perceptive portrait of those of us who share this birth sign. Even my mom, who knew me better than anyone, couldn't have drafted a more insightful sketch of my inherent attributes. Same to my girlfriend who is Libra.
After have deep research I came with an answer of all questions that was weigh me down!
That is why they are not in my league anymore.
Thanks to those who put their full strength on bringing us ourselves!
Unread 03-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Banned

My Scorpio soul mate.

She truly made me seek other explanations for our... unbelievable connection we had.

And here is the answers which i only found 3 weeks back.

206 CancerEvolve Trine Julie Moon - Moon

Positive aspect: They instinctively feel comfortable with one another, and instinctively know how to comfort one another. They feel safe together. They know exactly how to interpret the other person, to see how they feel, to understand them.

144 CancerEvolve Conjunction Julie Sun - Pluto

Positive aspect: It's love-at-first-sight, the great passion: they will be drawn to each other like two magnets, they will always have to see and touch each other. Very good sexual understanding, typically very passionate. It must be said that this type of relationship may not last forever, it may not develop into a quiet and tender love. If they part, it is close to impossible to stay friends because of the constant reminder of the passion that once existed. It's all or nothing with them. If they part, one will suffer when the passion of the other dies, it will be a very difficult time to live through. However, if they stay together, there is strength to gain from each other.

137 CancerEvolve Conjunction Julie Moon - Neptune

Positive aspect: An almost magical bond will unite them. Perfect harmony. There is something MORE to this relationship. It inspires the imagination, and there is a magical feeling of acceptance. There is much devotion here, especially on the part of the Moon person. Spiritual tenderness and romantic warmth between them. Their relationship encourages imagination in both people. This stems from an underlying acceptance of each other, which translates into the feeling that they are free to express their spiritual, imaginative sides without fear in each other's presence. Unconditional love, which is very rare in romantic partnerships.

91 CancerEvolve Sextile Julie Mars - Mars

Positive aspect: A life together in which each will desire the other and satisfy each other's sexual needs. Frustration levels tend to be minimal, and this helps the couple develop a pleasant atmosphere between them. They may do great things together or simply inspire one another.

64 CancerEvolve Trine Julie Mercury - Neptune

Positive aspect: Good spiritual understanding. This is the kind of relationship in which they finish one another's sentences. The connection encourages imagination.

53 CancerEvolve Sextile Julie Mercury - Pluto

Positive aspect: Favorable union of the minds. They speak to each other about things they never talk about to others.
Unread 03-16-2017, 04:59 PM

I fell in love (unfortunately, not reciprocated) and started searching out compatibilities between my and her Suns. Not a spectacular start, but it slowly opened up a whole new world.
Unread 03-16-2017, 06:54 PM

Life hard knocks brought me into numerology first and astrology later, when I was in search of answers to deep life questions and what really was my purpose of existence.
Unread 03-16-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy Soul View Post
It all started because I have a crush on a guy. Went to research his horoscope sign, and I started coming across this birth chart thing, and from then on, I started being hooked onto astrology. It's been 10 years and I still love astrology so much.
That's a decade, you have really come a long way. Mine would be 5years this year
Unread 03-16-2017, 07:14 PM

I was beaten into it, with a stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Horus For This Useful Post:
CancerEvolve (03-16-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
I was beaten into it, with a stick.
Seriously? C'mon mehn!
Unread 03-16-2017, 08:27 PM

Smile Re: How did you get into astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien1 View Post
Life hard knocks brought me into numerology first and astrology later, when I was in search of answers to deep life questions and what really was my purpose of existence.
I include some basic arithmetic numerology in my Astrology by numbering the Signs 1 through 12, beginning with Aries. For a few examples: Sagittarius and Gemini are opposite Signs, but 3 (Gemini's #) is at the root of 9 (3x3=9). So, Gemini's manner of thinking "resolves" for Sagittarian action. Likewise, 2 is the cube root of 8, so Taurus is the resolving Sign for Scorpio in three dimensions. Using Numerology in regard to the double-digit Signs: 10 "converts" to 1 (in a repeating loop, as in the Tree of Life with 1 at the top and 10 at the bottom), so Capricorn converts to Aries and incorporates Signs 2 through 9 in its cycle back to its own number 10--Earth to Fire/Matter to Energy, with an alternating current. So, Numerology provides insight in the relationships between Signs that Astrology alone doesn't provide. [IMO]

Last edited by david starling; 03-16-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Unread 03-16-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I include some basic arithmetic numerology in my Astrology by numbering the Signs 1 through 12, beginning with Aries. For a few examples: Sagittarius and Gemini are opposite Signs, but 3 (Gemini's #) is at the root of 9 (3x3=9). So, Gemini's manner of thinking "resolves" for Sagittarian action. Likewise, 2 is the cube root of 8, so Taurus is the resolving Sign for Scorpio in three dimensions. Using Numerology in regard to the double-digit Signs: 10 "converts" to 1 (in a repeating loop, as in the Tree of Life with 1 at the top and 10 at the bottom), so Capricorn converts to Aries and incorporates Signs 2 through 9 in its cycle back to its own number 10--Earth to Fire/Matter to Energy, with an alternating current. So, Numerology provides insight in the relationships between Signs that Astrology alone doesn't provide. [IMO]
Wow...can I send you a PM?
Unread 03-16-2017, 08:57 PM

Smile Re: How did you get into astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien1 View Post
Wow...can I send you a PM?
I'm interested in your experience with Numerology, so, sure!