Progressing the chart-backwards

ALRESCHA

I have looked 'progress' up, but nowhere in the forum did I find any thread about this. I was wondering if anyone progresses charts to past dates and what have you found out

Last edited:

theV

Hi, Could you elaborate more? I am not expert at progression, and I would love to learn more.

junoisuppose

Hello,
Are you talking about reversed progressions?

I have seen them mentioned in lots of articles as being active when significant events occur, e.g. cafeastrology mentions it as something that shows when a person gets married.

I tried to do them on astro.com, but they don't have the option of reverse progressions in their drop down menu on the extended chart selection page, so what I had to do was draw up a natal chart for the number of days before my birthday equivalent to my age (1 day = 1 year). This is not as accurate as the progressed chart, but it gives an idea of what will happen sometime during that year. I've only done them for the future, so haven't yet seen if they work, but they do seem to correlate - for example in 2 years I have venus conjunct natal mc by reverse progressions, and at the same time progressed venus sextile natal sun and solar arc venus conjunct natal ascendant - I'm hoping for good things :smile:

Generally, there are tertiary progressions and secondary progressions. Secondary progressions are the ones I use, where you take 1 day = 1 year after your date of birth, and they show quite accurately significant events in a person's life. There is the option to calculate these on astro.com extended chart selection & you can read more about them on skyscript and astrowiki.

theV

Predictive astrology is not my sector, when it comes to my own case. I don't know how o figure out events from progressions or transit. I find it easy to interpret events for people. I can't relate to my progressed.

theV

Janus offers a great reading forcast reading combined transit, progression and natal. i am still searching if they have this technique. They have precessed and conversed progression is that it?

Last edited:

theV

My reversed progression done by janus! You could also do it with solargold fire.

qTEKB9Dm.jpg

ALRESCHA

I am sorry, I should be rather busy

I must have read about 20 charts during the last 12 hrs and I have other work to do before I study this some more and share what I have found

An important note I forgot to add is that I was referring to dates prior one's birth, and I have examined how mine links to my mother's birth date

I would like to know if anyone's ever done such a thing and what they've found out, thank you

theV

Predictive astrology is not my sector, when it comes to my own case. I don't know how o figure out events from progressions or transit. I find it easy to interpret events for people. I can't relate to my progressed.

Janus offers a great reading forcast reading combined transit, progression and natal. i am still searching if they have this technique. They have precessed and conversed progression is that it?

I am sorry, I should be rather busy

I must have read about 20 charts during the last 12 hrs and I have other work to do before I study this some more and share what I have found

An important note I forgot to add is that I was referring to dates prior one's birth, and I have examined how mine links to my mother's birth date

I would like to know if anyone's ever done such a thing and what they've found out, thank you

Your exams should be soon, So good luck.

Kernowerno

Hello,
Are you talking about reversed progressions?

I have seen them mentioned in lots of articles as being active when significant events occur, e.g. cafeastrology mentions it as something that shows when a person gets married.

I tried to do them on astro.com, but they don't have the option of reverse progressions in their drop down menu on the extended chart selection page, so what I had to do was draw up a natal chart for the number of days before my birthday equivalent to my age (1 day = 1 year). This is not as accurate as the progressed chart, but it gives an idea of what will happen sometime during that year. I've only done them for the future, so haven't yet seen if they work, but they do seem to correlate - for example in 2 years I have venus conjunct natal mc by reverse progressions, and at the same time progressed venus sextile natal sun and solar arc venus conjunct natal ascendant - I'm hoping for good things :smile:

Generally, there are tertiary progressions and secondary progressions. Secondary progressions are the ones I use, where you take 1 day = 1 year after your date of birth, and they show quite accurately significant events in a person's life. There is the option to calculate these on astro.com extended chart selection & you can read more about them on skyscript and astrowiki.

Astrodienst offer the option of simply inputting the date on the progression page and off you go, you can 'progress' to any date past or present.

Last edited: