conceived in differnent place than birth, does it matter

Moon Unit

I was conceiced in Germany and yet born in California. I have done a chart for the exact time of my birth in Germany recently (9 hours difference) and found I really relate to this chart as well.

Anyone want to give it a try and tell me if they found anything they want to share?

Alice McDermott

When calculating the pre-natal epoch to find out the date and time of conception and from that the exact time of birth, one of the things that must be checked is whether the person was conceived in the same locality as that of their birth as this will make a big difference to the epoch's accuracy.

There is a very, very strong correlation between the date, time and place of conception and the date, time and place of birth so I am not surprised that you feel that you resonate to the location of your conception.

However, you were born in California and that is the place where you took your first breath, so that is the place where you received your energy imprint for this lifetime and the chart for that location will take precedence.

Interestingly, your correct conception chart will show the long journey to another location and your birth there.

Alice

Lion o ness

That's an interesting thought... I think I'll have to look mine up..

I was conceived in California, but born in Kentucky... I was then moved to California at age 6 where I have been since...

I wonder if my relocation chart would be more accurate.. I looked at it once but didn't give it much thought....

Lin

I think that it's time consuming enough to get to know your natal chart intimately enough for it to help you and give you "clues" throughout your life.
So my suggestion would be to learn all about your natal chart first... and then delve into the unending world of astrological research - which really can distract you from ever being identified with your natal.

Also, you should relate to the chart that is 9 hours different. It isn't all that different, unless you are using it to "time" events.... in which case you need to use the exact chart where you "took your first breath" as Alice suggests.

Theoretically we should all "relate" to a chart drawn for dawn, noon, sunset....the moon does change a few degrees, yes, but since the moon has a big orb for aspects, I doubt it would change the "character" of the person.

I saw this work personally once. A client of mine divorced her husband and was about to marry someone who had his exact birth date. I couldn't believe it. I said, "you're marrying the same guy!" The things you hated about your ex are inherent in your fiancé. She didn't believe me. It took about 3 years before she kicked him out. He was actually worse... because he HID his shortcomings as long as he could. But eventually she saw she had, indeed, married the same man....though each looked totally different....and "seemed" different.
LIN

astro11

Generally I find that people resonate most strongly with their birth chart from the place they were born. If you don't feel your birth chart fits you, maybe the time was incorrectly recorded. You have to check it with important life events to make sure it matches, your real chart will always have appropriate/ obvious aspects when you have a major event such as a wedding, buying a house, having a child etc.

Moon Unit

I think that it's time consuming enough to get to know your natal chart intimately enough for it to help you and give you "clues" throughout your life.
So my suggestion would be to learn all about your natal chart first... and then delve into the unending world of astrological research - which really can distract you from ever being identified with your natal.

Also, you should relate to the chart that is 9 hours different. It isn't all that different, unless you are using it to "time" events.... in which case you need to use the exact chart where you "took your first breath" as Alice suggests.

Theoretically we should all "relate" to a chart drawn for dawn, noon, sunset....the moon does change a few degrees, yes, but since the moon has a big orb for aspects, I doubt it would change the "character" of the person.

I saw this work personally once. A client of mine divorced her husband and was about to marry someone who had his exact birth date. I couldn't believe it. I said, "you're marrying the same guy!" The things you hated about your ex are inherent in your fiancé. She didn't believe me. It took about 3 years before she kicked him out. He was actually worse... because he HID his shortcomings as long as he could. But eventually she saw she had, indeed, married the same man....though each looked totally different....and "seemed" different.
LIN
My mother had a short relationship with my brothers father before she met my father and married him while she was still pregnant with my older brother.Both my brother's father and my father's birthday is March 21, but different year.
I recently read when your birth was induced your conception chart becomes more important than usual. Don't know if it's true, but I have been obsessed with conception lately.

Moon Unit

When calculating the pre-natal epoch to find out the date and time of conception and from that the exact time of birth, one of the things that must be checked is whether the person was conceived in the same locality as that of their birth as this will make a big difference to the epoch's accuracy.

There is a very, very strong correlation between the date, time and place of conception and the date, time and place of birth so I am not surprised that you feel that you resonate to the location of your conception.

However, you were born in California and that is the place where you took your first breath, so that is the place where you received your energy imprint for this lifetime and the chart for that location will take precedence.
Interestingly, your correct conception chart will show the long journey to another location and your birth there.
Alice

your reply made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason. I put this thread up because I had just heard on television that a German defense technique was to teach soldiers to shoot with both hands; I have always been one to consciously aim for ambidexterity in all activities.

Last edited:

Moon Unit

That's an interesting thought... I think I'll have to look mine up..

I was conceived in California, but born in Kentucky... I was then moved to California at age 6 where I have been since...

I wonder if my relocation chart would be more accurate.. I looked at it once but didn't give it much thought....

All that changes is houses I know but I would try it if I were you. Mine (if born in Germany) makes my Asc the exact degree and sign as my brother's Asc, 1 degree Leo. My Mom was born 1 degree Gemini Sun. My father is 1 degree Aries Sun, 1 Degree Cancer Asc.

M

may28gemini

I think wherever a person was conceived makes no difference. What counts is where someone was born as that's first entry into this world which would give the data for the natal chart.