If I make a move, could I become his girlfriend?

Hello everyone! So I'm sort of new to horary, and I was hoping for your input on this chart. I've known this guy for a while, and there's been a definite mutual attraction between us.....BUT, I'm very shy, so it's usually hard for me to take steps toward getting close to people in a relationship way. And I think this may be why nothing much has really happened between us. But also, I don't know if he has a girlfriend--he might. So my question was: if I make a move, could I become his girlfriend (i.e. is it possible)?

In the chart, the moon is in his house about to trine the sun, and later his significator (mercury), which is good, right? And his significator (mercury) is in gemini--which is good--but it's retrograde and combust (I think), which isn't so good. I don't really know what to make of it all. Does it mean no? I would be very grateful for your help and interpretations. Thanks :)

Attachments

• horary chart.jpg
    horary chart.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 76

Slenkar

you jupiter are sextile him mercury which does indicate possibly coming together,
As you say, moon applying to mercury means the same thing.

There do seem to be negative indicators for after you meet.

him being combust could mean something, the sun is lord of 6th and your sig, is sitting on the 6th cusp
so it could mean sickness or work gets in the way.

His mercury retro opposite saturn retro could be communication issues,

If reception is considered important in relationship charts...mercury is in one of the, or possibly the worst sign for you, jupiter.
mercury is in his own sign which might mean only interested in self.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response, Slenkar. What you say makes sense, and it's got me thinking. You mentioned that his mercury retro is opposite saturn retro, indicating there could be communication issues. But, does it matter that the aspect never perfects before mercury goes direct? And could this mean that our communication issues would get better over time? (For example, if I were to practice speaking more with him, or with other people, since I am very shy with guys.)

Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws with this guy--I tend to do that a lot with relationship issues. :love:

Does the chart show whether he already has a girlfriend? I noticed that the moon and venus are in mutual reception, but the moon eventually squares venus before leaving the sign. Does this square with venus indicate another woman coming into the picture, or some other problem? :confused:

Anyone want to take a stab at it?

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello everyone! So I'm sort of new to horary, and I was hoping for your input on this chart. I've known this guy for a while, and there's been a definite mutual attraction between us.....BUT, I'm very shy, so it's usually hard for me to take steps toward getting close to people in a relationship way. And I think this may be why nothing much has really happened between us. But also, I don't know if he has a girlfriend--he might. So my question was: if I make a move, could I become his girlfriend (i.e. is it possible)?

In the chart, the moon is in his house about to trine the sun, and later his significator (mercury), which is good, right? And his significator (mercury) is in gemini--which is good--but it's retrograde and combust (I think), which isn't so good. I don't really know what to make of it all. Does it mean no? I would be very grateful for your help and interpretations. Thanks :)

I don't see much happening here.
He/Mercury is retrograding away from you/Jupiter. He/Merc is also combust, so really not in good shape for this matter, and he/Merc meets both Sun and Mars before applying to an aspect with you/Jupiter. This suggests that there is much to get in way of your making a move motivating a relationship with him. Rather, it seems like there are quite a few hurdles to overcome.

Moon applies to a trine with Merc, again as he/Merc moves away from, not towards you/Moon. And Moon aspects Sun [there's that Sun again] before the trine perfects. So we see something again in the way.

IleneK

Premium Member
Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws with this guy--I tend to do that a lot with relationship issues. :love:

Does the chart show whether he already has a girlfriend? I noticed that the moon and venus are in mutual reception, but the moon eventually squares venus before leaving the sign. Does this square with venus indicate another woman coming into the picture, or some other problem? :confused:

Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Well, you are Moon, so mutual reception between you/Moon and Venus would not tell us about his having another love interest. It appears that he has something going on, though, with Mercury's intense involvements with Sun and Mars.

I need to fall back on the late ascendant of this chart: you already know the answer to this question. Perhaps there is another more important or underlying one that you have not posed...? I don't see this idea of your making a move making a difference.

Hamayon

I use venus as one of your significators, as well as jupiter and moon. venus and mercury are very close by antiscia, and the conjunction is applying. this indicates the possibility of romantic encounter with him. but there is something hidden about it. perhaps it will happen suddenly out of nowhere. with him retrograde you will probably have to initiate.

Thanks for the replies, Ilene and Hamayon. :joyful:

I don't see much happening here.
He/Mercury is retrograding away from you/Jupiter. He/Merc is also combust, so really not in good shape for this matter, and he/Merc meets both Sun and Mars before applying to an aspect with you/Jupiter. This suggests that there is much to get in way of your making a move motivating a relationship with him. Rather, it seems like there are quite a few hurdles to overcome.

Moon applies to a trine with Merc, again as he/Merc moves away from, not towards you/Moon. And Moon aspects Sun [there's that Sun again] before the trine perfects. So we see something again in the way.

Something in the way regarding the Sun..... Yes, Slenkar mentioned that, too. I think you guys hit on something here. So since the Sun rules the 6th house, do you think this obstacle is related to the fact that I had to move to the opposite side of the country for a job back in November? And is that why he (mercury) is retrograding--because I moved away?

Wait, I just checked an ephemeris: if you count each day as a month, and count backwards from when I asked the question, then mercury turned retro in September, which is the last time I saw him--when I told him I had to move away for a job. So, before turning retro, mercury was applying to me/jupiter. So does that mean if I had stayed, it could have worked out between us, since he was applying to me before I left? But then I moved away instead, so he turned retro at that time?

The thing is, the job out here didn't work out, so now I'm thinking I want to move back to my home state on the East Coast, where my family and friends are (and where this guy is.) But I don't have another job lined up yet in my home state, so I'm having problems figuring out how I'm gonna get back there, especially with moving expenses and all. And, I'm not even sure if I *should* move back, in terms of relocation astrology, whether it's a good location for me. I need to post something in a relocation forum, I suppose.

But all of this uncertainty......could this be the reason for the late ascendant? Because I did feel kind of defeated when I asked the horary question.

I use venus as one of your significators, as well as jupiter and moon. venus and mercury are very close by antiscia, and the conjunction is applying. this indicates the possibility of romantic encounter with him. but there is something hidden about it. perhaps it will happen suddenly out of nowhere. with him retrograde you will probably have to initiate.

I had heard of antiscia before, but I hadn't looked into it until reading your post just now. :smile: There are some interesting antiscia hits in his and my synastry.

But how can we tell if venus is one of my significators, or if it represents another woman, like a girlfriend? If venus were another woman, would she be in the 7th house (his house)? Or possibly in the 11th house (his 5th house)?

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks for the replies, Ilene and Hamayon. :joyful:

Something in the way regarding the Sun..... Yes, Slenkar mentioned that, too. I think you guys hit on something here. So since the Sun rules the 6th house, do you think this obstacle is related to the fact that I had to move to the opposite side of the country for a job back in November? And is that why he (mercury) is retrograding--because I moved away?

I do not see what the 6th house would have to do with your moving away.

Wait, I just checked an ephemeris: if you count each day as a month, and count backwards from when I asked the question, then mercury turned retro in September, which is the last time I saw him--when I told him I had to move away for a job. So, before turning retro, mercury was applying to me/jupiter. So does that mean if I had stayed, it could have worked out between us, since he was applying to me before I left? But then I moved away instead, so he turned retro at that time?

No, it doesn't. The aspect between significators must apply and also must perfect. It did not perfect because as you note, Mercury went retrograde. So his/Mercury turning retrograde is what kept your two significators from coming together.

But all of this uncertainty......could this be the reason for the late ascendant? Because I did feel kind of defeated when I asked the horary question.

As I understand it, late ascendant does not point to uncertainty underlying the circumstances of your question. It points to the querent already knowing the answer to the question, or having asked the question already before. I think your sense of defeat when you posed the question supports the suggestion that you already knew the answer.

I do not see what the 6th house would have to do with your moving away.

Oh, I guess I should clarify, sorry about that. So I used to work with him, but it was a part-time job, and I realized I needed something full-time. Thus, I quit my job with him in September, so I could relocate for the full-time job. That was the 6th house stuff which I thought was getting in the way, possibly (all the work-related stuff).

No, it doesn't. The aspect between significators must apply and also must perfect. It did not perfect because as you note, Mercury went retrograde. So his/Mercury turning retrograde is what kept your two significators from coming together.
I see what you're saying, but I had thought that maybe he only went retrograde *because* I moved away. And if I hadn't moved away, then this horary chart wouldn't even exist and he would no longer *be* mercury turning retrograde. Well, I know this is all hypothetical, and I don't even know if it works this way. Because the fact is, I *did* move away, so maybe it was destined to be this way, and hypotheticals could never really happen. I don't know. :confused:

As I understand it, late ascendant does not point to uncertainty underlying the circumstances of your question. It points to the querent already knowing the answer to the question, or having asked the question already before. I think your sense of defeat when you posed the question supports the suggestion that you already knew the answer.
Hmmm, yeah, I guess I feel like it couldn't happen between us because of all the obstacles of moving, getting another job, etc.

rafaella

Well if I take him to be Sun and Mercury. Moon does trine both. So there is a possibility, but the receptions are not good.

Neither Sun or Mercury have interest in Jupiter or the Moon (Or Venus which is you as a woman) planets in Gemeni are in detriment of Jupiter, so negative reception. Mars is also involved here, so Mars could be an ex or something else that he has going on. Mercury is just busy applying to other planets so I don't think it will work.

And Moon is in fall of Sun, next aspect is to Sun. So if you contact him there might be communication (3rd house emphasis), but for anything substantial - unlikely. I do not think he has that kind of interest in you. I'm sorry.

Late ASC here could mean that things are out of you control. Not much that you can do really.

Slenkar

I think your Sig. Sitting on sixths cusp gives a good hint

Whenever there is a sig. Planet on a cusp it usually means something.

So him being combust by sixths ruler was work related huh

IleneK

Premium Member
I see what you're saying, but I had thought that maybe he only went retrograde *because* I moved away. And if I hadn't moved away, then this horary chart wouldn't even exist and he would no longer *be* mercury turning retrograde. Well, I know this is all hypothetical, and I don't even know if it works this way. Because the fact is, I *did* move away, so maybe it was destined to be this way, and hypotheticals could never really happen. I don't know. :confused:

It appears that you may have the cause and effect backwards, as to significators and their symbolism.....Mercury was always going to retrograde, whether you posed a question or not..

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner; I was sick for a bit, and trying to work on getting a job.

i see no dating between you 2
jupiter is slow
jupiter is not making th emoves

:smile: Yes, I think that describes me well. I'm kind of slow to make moves. What you say is interesting because the ruler of my birth chart is jupiter. So I wonder, do you think the reason I'm slow to make moves in life is because the ruler of my natal chart is jupiter (which is retrograde in that chart)?

Well if I take him to be Sun and Mercury. Moon does trine both. So there is a possibility, but the receptions are not good.

Neither Sun or Mercury have interest in Jupiter or the Moon (Or Venus which is you as a woman) planets in Gemeni are in detriment of Jupiter, so negative reception. Mars is also involved here, so Mars could be an ex or something else that he has going on. Mercury is just busy applying to other planets so I don't think it will work.

And Moon is in fall of Sun, next aspect is to Sun. So if you contact him there might be communication (3rd house emphasis), but for anything substantial - unlikely. I do not think he has that kind of interest in you. I'm sorry.

Late ASC here could mean that things are out of you control. Not much that you can do really.

Yes, I saw Mars and wondered about that, because Aries is intercepted in the first house of the chart. Does that mean that Mars could be one of my co-significators?

I think your Sig. Sitting on sixths cusp gives a good hint

Whenever there is a sig. Planet on a cusp it usually means something.

So him being combust by sixths ruler was work related huh

Hi Slenkar, yes, you were right about that, it was work-related. :smile: I totally forgot to mention that before.....I got hung up on the other thing you said about the communication issues (I always worry about my ability to communicate with people---I've got mercury square saturn in my natal chart.)

It appears that you may have the cause and effect backwards, as to significators and their symbolism.....Mercury was always going to retrograde, whether you posed a question or not..

Oh yeah, I know mercury would've gone retrograde anyway, but I just thought that the guy might not have ever been represented by mercury in the first place---if I had stayed instead of moving away.