Too much stuff in the 8th house

Amazonite

Hi all! I'm new here and only just starting to dig deeper in astrology. I'm not sure I have a stellium in the 8th house?? My chart shows that Mercury in the 8th house is in Scorpio but Sun, Uranus, Neptune and Lilith are all in Sagittarius. I've struggled with illnesses, eating disorders throughout my life. Can you spot health issues in the chart? Also, part of my 8th house is in scorpio, part in sag, how do you interpret this? Any guidance is appreciated!

Chart here: https://i.imgur.com/Rcx4x2h.png

virgo18

Hello

First of all, health issues are detected in the 6th house and 1st house. You have Saturn in the 6th in libra so you may be very workaholic and perfectionist with your work and health. Also very concerned about looks. This is multiplicated with mercury in a critical degree of scorpio in the 8th house. Very fixed in terms of health, work, money, possessions, that can be translated in a lot of psychological stress "sometimes".

Your eating disorders may come from your Kiron in Taurus in the 1st (self image/food). Your 2nd house of self worth is ruled by Taurus and Venus is in the demanding and perfectionist Capricorn in the 9th house badly aspected by pluto and saturn in your 6th. Are you trying to reach a beauty standard that is not even of your own culture and raze? Just curious.

Try to be not so hard on you. Love yourself first inwardly so you stop doing bad things to your health. Remember that everything falls apart, including our physical attractiveness. Don't value your self according to your weight and size.

Sun and Mercury in the 8th house can make you feel drawn to the occult studies or at least psychology. You are able to psychoanalyze people with a very accute 6th sense = (Mercury in 29 of scorpio)

Cheers

Last edited:

Amazonite

:surprised: Wow Virgo18, you are mostly right in everything you said. Thank you so much for your inputs. Oh, right, so health is in the 6th house... I felt like it would be linked to my 8th house as a part of things I can't control... darn Saturn, I don't like you in my chart :annoyed:

Yes, I grew up feeling that I had to achieve things in order to be approved, such as having the best grades in school, be thin, look pretty, be always on time, and so on... looking back I can see I was pretty hard on myself. Always had this fear of not being good enough.

And yes, you are right again, I tried to achieve a beauty standard incompatible with my built such as being runway model-like skinny when my bone structure isn't compatible with that. If it wasn't for being sick and having to prioritize other things I'd probably have spent money on cosmetic surgery in order to feel like I was "good enough"...

Yes, I have what some could call a 6th sense for people, like I can very often see when there's something off about them by looking in their eyes.

I've been drawn to religion and the occult since I can remember, the house I grew up was and still is haunted so that was part of life for me, having to deal with spirits and demons. (Asteroid Spirit is conjunct my Sun) At some point I questioned the sanity of my Family and my own. I guess learning about psychology, mythology, occultism, studying the bible, was a way of making sense of all this. Now on to astrology I hope I can find more answers such as the ones you pointed out. Thanks again!