False Assumptions & How I missed my mother's death

WHYNOT

Banned
This is just a tale of how (esp when one is not an astrology expert) one can make wrong assumptions about transits..

My dear elderly mother, was diagnosed with colon cancer in August last year. In Sept she had major surgery which went ok...
But she died early July this year.

I never saw it coming, because I had reassured myself she'd still last another couple of years.
It is because I falsely assumed that early 2017 when transiting Saturn will be conjunct my Moon (as well as my younger brother's -he & I were closest to our mother ) would surely be the time of losing her.

Everyone knows that Tr Saturn conj Moon indicates a very depressing time -right?
Also, Tr Pluto would be within 3 degrees of my Midheaven

When she died, trans Saturn was conjunct my 8th house Node. But I never thought that would be the indicator.
I felt gutted at my mistake. I wasn't there with her & I should have been.

(Does anyone else feel they might have made the same mistake ?)

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Not that easy. I lost mine last year this month, with saturn on my sun and uranus opposing natal jupiter, transiting jupiter in my first. No midheaven aspects.

heidy26

I lost mine last year in August and had tr Sun conjunct Moon in 12th house opposing NN. Also, tr Moon was in the 8th house.
Don't blame yourself. You couldn't have known.

ElenaJ

I also wasn't there at the moment. We had had several "false alarms", and I underestimated this one. Or, perhaps it's Fate protecting us from something we wouldn't have been able to handle.?

heidy26

I also wasn't there at the moment. We had had several "false alarms", and I underestimated this one. Or, perhaps it's Fate protecting us from something we wouldn't have been able to handle.?
You know, you raised a very good question. My mum died while I went to brush my teeth after I called the ambulance at 7 am in the morning, because she was in a critical condition. When I got out, the paramedics where there with the EKG saying 'we are sorry, there is no pulse or heart activity...she's gone".
I don't think I was off more than 5 minutes. So yes, maybe it is fate.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

When my dad passed away, he was in intensive care, my mom and I were there all day, then went out for a quick lunch, when we came back we heard the alarms going off, and they wouldn't let us in, he passed away. My brother was with my mother before she died, and he left half an hour before, just as he arrived home they called him. It's Fate. It gives you as much as you can carry. You can't blame yourself for something like this.

Ex Parrot

Not that easy. I lost mine last year this month, with saturn on my sun and uranus opposing natal jupiter, transiting jupiter in my first. No midheaven aspects.

First - and most - of all, I am very sorry for you two and for anyone who has lost ther beloved parent.

This caught my eye, though:

transiting jupiter in my first

I have noticed quite a few times that Jupiter conjunct the ascendant - i.e. Jupiter in the first house - spells what we human beings would usually qualify as disaster, including preeminently loss of dear ones.

Anyone care to comment on that?

Marinka

First - and most - of all, I am very sorry for you two and for anyone who has lost ther beloved parent.

This caught my eye, though:

I have noticed quite a few times that Jupiter conjunct the ascendant - i.e. Jupiter in the first house - spells what we human beings would usually qualify as disaster, including preeminently loss of dear ones.

Anyone care to comment on that?

Jupiter = journeys, different plane of existence.

As you noted, Jupiter can have meanings that are not expected and as a result, not looked at.