Which aspects frighten you the most?

astro09

Every aspect in our chart has good reasons to be there. To build stronger characters, purposeful being, and better souls; we need all aspects we bring into this life. Fear no aspect; rather let us understand who we are, where we are heading in our journey through this dimension and how comfortable or hard the ride may turn out to be.

Previous and accumulated actions will determine intensity, even if we are not aware of them. Do not forget those who become part of our path, understand their values in our existence. As we walk through life, we are developing our own aspects; there will be those times in which to encounter maturity from our growth, with love or pain.

R4VEN

For me, it's Moon square or opposite Neptune in a natal chart.
I have the square and it is not that bad, t.

The key is to recognise how it works for you, and to be conscious of it. To have it work unconsciously is to invite delusion, illusion, deception, lying, and psychic invasion - now all of these are creepy and can be really difficult to deal with.

My worst trait in relation to this square is to believe everything others say.

No aspects in my own chart frighten me, and nor do aspects in the chart of another - but - it is how others use an aspect which can be frightening. Venus conj Pluto can be horrific in the wrong hands.

flea

mmmm I would think a grand cross is a biggy... A few of my chart aspects give me cause for concern mainly a t-square involveing the sun pluto uranus and chiron.

Saturn squares in synastry I am very warey of esp to moon and sun and mercury... those basic relating things. Saturn tends to squash the other person....bringing out the teacher qualities of saturn I think is hard... requires a lot of compassion.

FleaXXX

EJ53

Banned
Pluto conjunct Mars/South Node/Ascendant in Scorpio......New York, Mills Gardens NY, 02.55 local time on 25th December 1985.

flea

oo I forgot about the pluto transits how could I thanks EJ...Pluto on my sun was a big tough life event....

FleaXXX

For me, it's Uranus in hard aspect to Sun. It can make people totally unpredictable, capable of any kind of crazy. No thanks. Delicate Virgo, here.

dr. farr

Only one(s) which really throw up the red flag aren't even "aspects" (technically): any planet (or Lot, or ascending degree) Parallel or conjunct the Dragon's Tail (South Lunar Node); close though, would be the same (Parallel or close conjunction in longitude) of a major (major in the specific chart that is) planet, or POF/POS, or the ascending degree, with a major disruptive star (a major "malefic", rather "catabolic". fixed star)

StillOne

Only one(s) which really throw up the red flag aren't even "aspects" (technically): any planet (or Lot, or ascending degree) Parallel or conjunct the Dragon's Tail (South Lunar Node); close though, would be the same (Parallel or close conjunction in longitude) of a major (major in the specific chart that is) planet, or POF/POS, or the ascending degree, with a major disruptive star (a major "malefic", rather "catabolic". fixed star)

Interesting, where can I find more info on this dr. farr? I have Saturn within 4 deg of SN in the 12th...

Thanks,
S1

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
I survived the transit of Uranus conjunct natal Venus in Pisces. It was very taxing for me. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Moved from stable life in Oregon back to hometown in So. Cal after 28 years absence. Immediately met with lots of excitement, surprises, sudden changes and new experiences resulting in cheating boyfriends, moving onto a boat when i can,t swim, involving myself with a married african Aquarian musician (who didn't bother to tell me he was married), burgled home ~ lost most valuables, boating accident, boyfriend's arrest, VERY strange and uncharacteristc guys hitting on me, close and loving friend about to get kidney transplant when she gets cancer diagnosis, delaying transplant, landlady's husband a peeping tom me and making sexual propositions ~ i called police and landlady retaliated by giving me a 60 day notice to move.
let's see, what else.......?
oh! two old boyfriends from past ( like 25 years past) contacting me out of blue wanting to get something re-started...
geez, two and a half years of back and forth retro's and stations of Uranus on Venus.
Natal Venus ~ ruler of 4th and 11th
Natal 7th and 8th ruled by Uranus.
.....maybe i would have enjoyed the joy ride when i was a younger woman....

also, natal chiron 0' pisces conjunct SN pisces which opposes natal pluto/NN virgo. easy pickins for being used (8th house/2nd aspect) by people i love.

thus far, these two aspects (transit or natal) have been the most scary. Saturn conjunct moon was a real downer too, but that was all me ~depressionthat had nothing to do with others.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Interesting, where can I find more info on this dr. farr? I have Saturn within 4 deg of SN in the 12th...

Thanks,
S1

For star influences, try Robson's book, "Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology"; on the internet, a good resource is constellationsofwords.com

Reference to influences of the Nodes can be found scattered through much of the astrological literature, both Western and Vedic (in jyotish the SN is called Ketu, and the NN is called Rahu) Perhaps the best book focusing on the Nodes is Judith Hill's "Lunar Nodes: Your Key to excellent Chart Interpretation" (easily available from several internet sources, such as astroamerica.com)

dboyce

I would have to say that though there are some aspects that would probably not go well with you, you don't have to fear it but rather take it just like any other aspect that is leaning toward you. The different aspects very well define who you are and that gives you dimension. You can't be all good with all aspects going better for you. You develop on them so that whatever you are lagging behind from can be made better.

R4VEN

From now on uranus squaring moon =)

But in general I hate all inconjunctions!

ivrin, do you mean Uranus squaring Moon as an aspect on the birth chart???????

If so, why do you find it `frightening'?
(It's just that my grandson has this aspect, and he changes his mind every 3 minutes.)

ivrin

(It's just that my grandson has this aspect, and he changes his mind every 3 minutes.)

Exactly that's the reason which is frightening for me :) It creates an extreme emotional imbalance. And you feel so weak to control your emotions. Due to this imbalance, I don't feel relaxed, so I can't sleep well at nights. I mean total hours that I sleep is approximately 4 hours per day, and I've been in such a situation for 4 months (due to retros). So, that's why I've faced with some health problems. Moreover, I've been eating emotionally, hence gained 9kg within 4 months although I'm working out regularly. And I've been eating foods that I hate :)

Before two years ago, one of my friends had the same square and she faced the same problems as me, but she used prozac. So, maybe your grandson feels that energy imbalance on himself.

R4VEN

and I've been in such a situation for 4 months (due to retros). So, that's why I've faced with some health problems. Moreover, I've been eating emotionally, hence gained 9kg within 4 months although I'm working out regularly. And I've been eating foods that I hate :)

ivrin, the question I asked you is:
Are you talking about a transit of Uranus to your natal moon? I ask this because this is what it sounds like.

This thread was originally about natal aspects - which is different altogether.

Raquel

You're right... I have natal moon square Uranus, and moon opp.mercury... and I'm always changing my mind... always with new exciting ideas I never put into action... I'm always impatient and highly irritative and reactive... also impulsivness can be a fact.

Could be bad if you let this making you a dilletant person... but even so, it's not so bad...

Charles Manson has the scariest chart I've ever seen. His entire chart has nothing but harsh aspects. Especially his natal Moon aspects which would explain his relationship with his mother or lack of. The moon is at the top of his chart in his 10th house.

SniperBomber328

To be honest the Trine aspects scare me the most! Since I have read a lot that the Trine's, while they make life easier, tend to make us lazy, gluttacious or rather indulgent, because life serves us things in a silver (gold I should say) platter.

Makes me think how hard it would be for someone with such a life to ever want to do anything, find the motivation or will to start something? We need inspiration and creativity, which the Trine's provide. But we also need the will and diligence to incorporate these talents, and see it through till the end; in which the squares tend to provide these qualities.