Why am I ONLY Attracted to Mutable Signs??

Osamenor

Staff member
As far as the Venus placements go, all the Venus signs you mentioned, besides Cancer, are signs that either trine or sextile Cancer. That puts your Venus and theirs in a harmonious aspect by sign, or in the same sign, which is one of the "good" things in synastry. Makes for an easy liking of each other.

As for their sun sign placements: how certain are you of your birth time? Because your AC/DC axis is in the very late degrees of Scorpio/Taurus, if your recorded birth time is just a few minutes off, you could really have Sagittarius rising and Gemini descending. The sign of the DC indicates traits we're most attracted to in potential partners. If you have a Taurus DC, you would attract partners who are noticeably Taurus-like. That wouldn't necessarily mean they're Tauruses, just that they show you Taurus-like traits, although there would be a good chance that they have some significant placement in Taurus.

If your DC sign is really Gemini, you would be most attracted to Gemini-like people. Again, they wouldn't necessarily be Geminis, but they would have very Gemini-like traits--and Gemini is perhaps the most mutable mutable sign. Air is a very mutable element in and of itself--the combination of air and mutable makes for a lot of mutability.

Osamenor

Staff member
Hey, thanks so much for your response! I've thought of that as well, like if I had a Sag rising then this would make complete sense but I'm pretty Scorpio rising through and through. Quick example, I'm a Leo sun but I'm very reserved upon entering social settings as I find myself observing others many minutes before speaking, if I even do. Plus, I'm keen on wearing nothing but black and I have typical Scorpio rising features like dark eyes, hair, the nose, etc.
It's so perplexing haha

The "Scorpio rising" traits could be explained by having an eighth house sun and Mercury, Mercury combust, and Uranus on your AC. Whether your AC is in late Scorpio or early Sag, you still have those placements. In fact, an early Sagittarius ascendant would make your AC conjunction with Uranus tighter, maybe even exact, and your sun/Mercury more solidly in the eighth. And if you have Sagittarius rising, your AC ruler is in Scorpio--which brings in Scorpio again.

An astrology teacher I studied with says people with Sagittarius rising always have big hips. In fact, there was someone in the class who had a very late Scorpio AC and a recorded birth time right on the half hour, making the accuracy of her rising sign very questionable. Our teacher determined she actually was a Scorpio AC because she didn't have big hips at all. So, whether you have big hips or not (relatively, compared to other people of your sex and ethnicity), could be another determining factor.

If your DC really is in Taurus, Venus rules it. That wouldn't explain your seemingly exclusive attraction to people with mutable sun signs, but it would explain why you're so strongly drawing in people with compatible Venus signs to yours.

Osamenor

Staff member
WOW now THAT'S got me thinking! I'm very thin but my hips have always been pretty **** WIDE. I'm mind-blown right now. The only thing that would leave me puzzled about is how I'm so reserved. I figure a Sagittarius rising, Leo sun would bust into a room straight extrovert style. Thanks so much for your responses, it's really got me wondering now :)

An eighth house Leo sun is not going to be that extroverted. Maybe a gregarious introvert, but not the blaze into the room type. More like a cautious kitty cat, who observes people first before coming to purr on them. Usually, if Leo is in the eighth house, Capricorn is rising, which makes for a more reserved persona in and of itself--but Sag rising could be reserved if there are plenty of other chart factors pointing to a reserved personality. Sun and Mercury and Venus in the eighth are among those factors.

Uranus on an angle just has to do things differently. If it's on the ascendant, that doing things differently is part of the face your present to the world. If you have a unique style of dressing, that certainly fits.