How does he feel/is he attracted to me?

Tgem

We just started talking...I’m pretty attracted to him but he comes off as kind of shy. Also, can anyone see a girlfriend on the pic for him? Thanks!

waybread

I wouldn't pin any hopes on this relationship developing. The moon (you) applies to an opposition with Mercury (his co-significator) and your main significators are not in a relationship.

Tgem

Thanks for the responses. I thought when one is determining feelings and attraction, you look more at receptions than you do aspects. For instance my main sign is Saturn. His main sig is the sun. I am sitting in my own rulership and in his 5th house which is naturally ruled by Leo so doesn’t that mean I am receiving him (there’s dignity by house?) and he’s sitting at 5 degrees Leo so isn’t he receiving me by term and face (not super strong dignity but still there?)

And wouldn’t his sig in rulership in my 7th house and angular (right on the DSC) show my attraction toward him?

Last edited:

tikana

Thanks for the responses. I thought when one is determining feelings and attraction, you look more at receptions than you do aspects. For instance my main sign is Saturn. His main sig is the sun. I am sitting in my own rulership and in his 5th house which is naturally ruled by Leo so doesn’t that mean I am receiving him (there’s dignity by house?) and he’s sitting at 5 degrees Leo so isn’t he receiving me by term and face (not super strong dignity but still there?)

And wouldn’t his sig in rulership in my 7th house and angular (right on the DSC) show my attraction toward him?

open CA volume 2 there is a section who loves whom more and read through it
:)

IleneK

Premium Member

Just to clarify:

To the first bold statement above: in horary, there are no "natural" rulers of houses and there is no "dignity by house." Houses are places; planets are the actors.
And the dignity by which he receives you is quite modest, not enough to rise to attraction to you.

To the second bold statement, the 7th house in this chart, is not yours, like in your natal chart. The 7th house in this horary is his house. And he/his significator is in his house, showing that his interest in primarily in himself, rather than you.

Last edited:

Tgem

Just to clarify:

To the first bold statement above: in horary, there are no "natural" rulers of houses and there is no "dignity by house." Houses are places; planets are the actors.
And the dignity by which he receives you is quite modest, not enough to rise to attraction to you.

To the second bold statement, the 7th house in this chart, is not yours, like in your natal chart. The 7th house in this horary is his house. And he/his significator is in his house, showing that his interest in primarily in himself, rather than you.

Thank you for the responses. Yes, I understand the ruler of the 7th being in the 7th is interest only in self. As for dignities by House, I have been studying horary for a while and according to Lily there is dignity by house (called accidental dignity) which is where I came up with those statements. I attached the article for reference.

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson7/index.html

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you for the responses. Yes, I understand the ruler of the 7th being in the 7th is interest only in self. As for dignities by House, I have been studying horary for a while and according to Lily there is dignity by house (called accidental dignity) which is where I came up with those statements. I attached the article for reference.

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson7/index.html

You are welcome.

You write:

"I am sitting in my own rulership and in his 5th house which is naturally ruled by Leo so doesn’t that mean I am receiving him (there’s dignity by house?)"​

I am saying that you, as Saturn in his [turned] 5th, do not receive him as Sun, based on Sun being the natural ruler of the 5th. Sun is not natural ruler of the 5th; Leo is not the natural sign of the 5th. These notions are not accidental dignity as I understand it, or as I understand the link you gave me.

Based on your citation, accidental dignity by house would be based on the the position of the house in the chart. For example, there is accidental dignity to a planet, not the house, when the planet is in the angular houses, 1,4,7,10. But I see no reference to the sign on the house conferring dignity on the house or another planet.

Perhaps I am not understanding you, and you might direct me more specifically in the link you cited to where it states that the sign on the house confers accidental dignity, that "there's dignity by house."

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
And you write:

"And wouldn’t his sig in rulership in my 7th house and angular (right on the DSC) show my attraction toward him?"​

No, his sig being strong in essential dignity by sign and in accidental dignity by house [being angular] and in his own house demonstrates his attraction toward himself.

And I would add that you as Saturn in your dignity and he as Sun in his dignity are both strong, but not connected because Sat Sun do not aspect, but moreover are disjunct by sign. Being disjunct or 5 signs apart means literally that you do not see or regard each other. This is in keeping with him/Sun being in his own house.

I hope this helps give you more of an overall feel for the chart and the circumstances.

Last edited:

rafaella

Sun, 7th lord, in his own sign and house suggests he is mainly concerned with himself and would not go out of the way to get to you... Sun is in term and face of Saturn, yes but also detriment of Saturn, basically shows he has no interest. The detriment is stronger than term. I don't see attraction at all.

There is this recent opposition between Sun/Mars on angles... perhaps its the recent communication between you. Or did you have past history? Some sort of conflict, frustration?