Will he actually reach out (by the end of April)?

twistandshout

Got out of a relationship about 6 months ago and while I haven't spoken with my ex in over a month, a mutual friend of ours dropped a hint that he's been thinking of trying to contact me and make amends. I'm not really holding my breath but I casted a chart to see if I could actually expect to hear back.

I'm Saturn and he's Moon. There's no direct aspects happening between us. He, however, is placed in my 3 house of communication and conjunct - moving towards perfection - my 3H ruler Mars.

Moon receives Venus (me) by being in Taurus and also via triplicity so that shows some semblance of intent. Mars (my communication ruler) however is in it's detriment, which I see as reflecting my complete lack of interest in trying to initiate communication.

His 3H ruler is Venus which is in retrograde. Our communication rulers are mutually receptive, though Venus being in it's detriment and in retrograde is something I'm not sure what to make of. It's also located in his 8H of anxieties and fears. His 8H ruler is also located in his 3H which seems to point to him reviewing what he's so freaked out and afraid of with regards to contacting me.

At any rate, would Moon conjunct Mars and the next aspect being it's perfecting it's conjunct to mars be a Yes on him (moon) contacting (3H Aries) me?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_185_reaching_out.70666.26659.jpg
    astro_2gw_185_reaching_out.70666.26659.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 55

breeze

Mars is so prominent in this chart makes me think that this contact is so important to you.

If this was my chart, I wld. Not look at L3. I would look at L1 and L7. As L7 does not apply to L1, I wld. Say he would not call me. If there was any applying aspect between them, I wld. Then look at L3 to see the nature of conversation.

Even, I looked at the conjuction of L7 to L3, I wld. Still say he would not call, as it is a dead conjuction because Mars is in its detriment.

twistandshout

Mars is so prominent in this chart makes me think that this contact is so important to you.

If this was my chart, I wld. Not look at L3. I would look at L1 and L7. As L7 does not apply to L1, I wld. Say he would not call me. If there was any applying aspect between them, I wld. Then look at L3 to see the nature of conversation.

Even, I looked at the conjuction of L7 to L3, I wld. Still say he would not call, as it is a dead conjuction because Mars is in its detriment.

I wouldn't expect if he didn't though what do you mean by "dead conjunct"? Mars being in its detriment here is rather appropriate since I have no intention nor will I likely ever try to reach out since the conversation ended with any repairing being his responsibility.

The other thing I did just notice however is His 3H (communication) applying to Saturn. It's, however, a very weak aspect and will also be entering Pisces soon which shows some semblance of emotional review that's rather emotional and murky which I'm still not certain would mean a yes.

But at any rate, though Mars being in its detriment (my communication) shows my not reaching out but being receptive to him reaching out (in Venus ruled sign) , Moon is still receptive and shows some interest in also taking communication into consideration (Venus ruled sign) which is ultimately the question over whether it's a yes. I've not heard that conjunctions and aspects being considered a sign of fulfillment being dependent on both planets having strength so I'd love to hear more about your reasoning on this!

besitos

Yes but what's the reasoning? As this is a new theory that I have not come across.

hi, you said yourself that your planet being in detriment means you didn't want to initiate contact (do anything), so the aspect that is made to that planet is lame (unable to act) as well. That's what I think the reasoning is.

however I would take 3rd for communication.

twistandshout

hi, you said yourself that your planet being in detriment means you didn't want to initiate contact (do anything), so the aspect that is made to that planet is lame (unable to act) as well. That's what I think the reasoning is.

Yes but my not wanting to initiate contact doesn't mean I'm not receptive to it. In fact the chart shows the opposite. Mara being in detriment in Taurus shows that I am not in the position to initiate contact. Our communication ended in my acknowledging that things weren't okay but my choosing to do all of the emotional labor to repair even a friendship was not fair to me. Ultimately I left the door open but made it clear that if any friendship were to come from this, he would need to choose to really talk about what's going on.

So as shown in the chart, Mars in Taurus (A Venus Ruled Sign) shows receptivity and openness to receiving communication from him (Libra rules his 3H of communication). However, because of how the conversation ended, I am not in the position to initiate contact (My 3H in its detriment showing lack of power or control over communication occuring).

My sign of communication being in its detriment but still being receptive to his communication isn't a clear Dead Conjunction which is why I'm asking for clarification. If he (Moon) having more power to act, then my communication planet doesn't impact or impeded his ability to do so.

I'm also curious for clarity as in this situation, moon acts as a translation of light between my third house significator and his (Venus) as the next and final aspect moon makes before it leaves the sign is a sextile to Venus.

I hope that clears up the confusion so that more clarity can be placed!

Last edited:

besitos

Yes but my not wanting to initiate contact doesn't mean I'm not receptive to it. In fact the chart shows the opposite. Mara being in detriment in Taurus shows that I am not in the position to initiate contact. Our communication ended in my acknowledging that things weren't okay but my choosing to do all of the emotional labor to repair even a friendship was not fair to me. Ultimately I left the door open but made it clear that if any friendship were to come from this, he would need to choose to really talk about what's going on.

So as shown in the chart, Mars in Taurus (A Venus Ruled Sign) shows receptivity and openness to receiving communication from him (Libra rules his 3H of communication). However, because of how the conversation ended, I am not in the position to initiate contact (My 3H in its detriment showing lack of power or control over communication occuring).

My sign of communication being in its detriment but still being receptive to his communication isn't a clear Dead Conjunction which is why I'm asking for clarification. If he (Moon) having more power to act, then my communication planet doesn't impact or impeded his ability to do so.

I'm also curious for clarity as in this situation, moon acts as a translation of light between my third house significator and his (Venus) as the next and final aspect moon makes before it leaves the sign is a sextile to Venus.

I hope that clears up the confusion so that more clarity can be placed!

i think that is what the reasoning was. conjunction is blending of energies, meaning both. not just the active one; in this sense dead can mean the conjunction is rendered lame, or nothing will come of it imo, but myself i am more inclined to think how you do, that he moving to conjunct your third house ruler is indicative of him communicating to you.

Last edited:

twistandshout

i think that is what the reasoning was. conjunction is blending of energies, meaning both. not just the active one; in this sense dead can mean the conjunction is rendered lame, or nothing will come of it imo, but myself i am more inclined to think how you do, that he moving to conjunct your third house ruler is indicative of him communicating to you.

Oh! Thank you for explaining that. I think I would have only considered it fully dead if it were moon in its detriment as well, but moon is exalted in Taurus so that shows action, even if not on my part.

aquarius7000

Hi,

The Moon is him and will meet (conjunct) with a detrimented (in Taurus) Mars, which could mean mischief. Since, however, there is no aspect between the Moon and Saturn, action (communication) is unlikely to happen.

twistandshout

Update: I did hear from him. It was somewhat quick communication and essentially saying he'd reach out again to seriously talk and try to reconcile in a couple of weeks. This was about a week and a half ago. I'm guessing this quick and somewhat fleeting communication is likely what the moon/Mars aspect was referring to. Also to note: there was no phone call and was done online which may also be where the discrepancy was. At any rate, made a new chart and will make a new thread for it. Thanks everyone!

breeze

Thanks for the feedback.

Moon's applying with detriment Mars, I meant nothing wld. Come out of this contact as main signifactors are not within aspect i.e you and him wld. Not come together to sort out things or talk about issues etc.

In your 1st post you say, he said he wld try to contact you and make amends.

He actullay contacted you, but he did not make amends which is shown by Mars in its detriment. He left amends to another time.

breeze

I am not sure, if it confirms the discrepancy as you mention on your last post, but really by contact, personally, I had not think of "online texting" at all, only a phone call was on my mind :)

twistandshout

Thanks for the feedback.

Moon's applying with detriment Mars, I meant nothing wld. Come out of this contact as main signifactors are not within aspect i.e you and him wld. Not come together to sort out things or talk about issues etc.

In your 1st post you say, he said he wld try to contact you and make amends.

He actullay contacted you, but he did not make amends which is shown by Mars in its detriment. He left amends to another time.

Not to be nit-picky but your response was rather focused on whether he would contact me period. There wasn't any statement in your response about him contacting and nothing actually coming from it.

But! At least we all know how to read that aspect.

Thanks!