being short-tempered and mars in retrograde in my natal chart?

evangeliana

I get angry easily, and when I get, it really leaves me in a difficult situation, I take hasty decisions, and want to injure people who make me angry, I don't do that, I don't injure them,I can control myself but any moment I can lose the control! and when I'm angry, I go nuts and could be harmful them on the sly. I could be jealous at times, and sometmes have no mercy.Does it have to do with my mars in retrograde in my natal chart?or does it have to do with another aspect in my chart?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_serap_66606_35862.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_serap_66606_35862.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

tautomer

Retrograde natal planets usually just put a more introverted spin on the energy, so I do not believe it is that.

Your mars is afflicted pretty strongly. Having mars square neptune and saturn will cause mars to have a very difficult time mitigating it's physical energy. It will always feel like there is a hinderence with the outlet and expression of physical action, and nothing is good enough with it. This can resulted in someone having no temper at all (my mars is afflicted and I have no temper) and often having a weak spine. Or, it can cause explosive anger and having difficulty expressing it in a conductive way. Squares tend to cause the latter from what I have seen. Mars opposes your sun as well, so it can feel like your anger is not really "you" or you may even be disregarding of that side of yourself, and thus can lead to you not understanding how to deal with this side of yourself that actually is part of your identity.

The fact that your mars trines your moon actually can make this worse. Your anger is very much liked to your mood, and overall emotional reactions to things. This will make you feel validated with your temper and anger in feeling that the source of it is "right", and could go without question.

You also have mars in aries which is happy placement for mars, but it can lead to a firey temper as you described.

evangeliana

yes, I become irritated very easily, even on details, and I told before that I have no mercy sometimes, I think jupiter's aspect lead's to this situation.

waybread

Can you post your chart? It is hard to answer your question otherwise.

If it was meant to be that little "x" in the lower-left of your OP, I couldn't open it.

evangeliana

sun 11 libra 27"55"
Moon 1 leo 37"47"
mercury 25 libra 8"20"retrograde
venus 29 leo 55"42"
mars 3 aries 24"59"retrograde
jupiter 5 gemini 57"57" retro.
saturn 26 sag 54"55
uranus 27 sag 24"13"
neptune 7 capricorn 29"14"
pluto 11 scorpio 17"27"
true node 13 pisces 50"45"direct
chiron 7 cancer 4"30"
p.fort. 6 scorpio 18"59
vertex 22 leo 48"16
lilith 15 virgo 55" 0"
ceres 20 pisces 48"21" retro.
pallas 1 aquarius 42"34"
juno 15 leo 56"26"
vesta 10 libra 30"15"
pholus 14 gemini 8"26" retro.
eris 16 aries 36"51" retro.
circus 10 leo 22"36"
antares 9 sagittarius36" 13"
sedna 10 taurus 20" 3" retro

*emma*

Banned
You natally have mars in aries fly off the handle energy squared by unpredictable irritable uranus. Pluto in capricon transit squaring of your natal sun opposite mars will intensify this, although it is now out of orbit. Is this feeling recent or going back a few years? I have this cardinal planets pluto transit aspect going on on and off last few years, I find being active and doing projects and achieving something helps to release the inner frustration which is born of lots of energy being there and not enough outlets, and take it out on other people less.

waybread

Please post your chart. I find it much easier to visualize in graphic form. If you don't know how to do this, there are stickies to guide you through the process.

But it appears to me that you have a sun-Mars-Neptune T-square. Make this a grand cross if we allow Chiron. And Also a wide moon-Pluto square.

With mars retrograde, you tend to turn your natural aggression inward. Probably you are much harder on yourself than you are on other people. Your ego (sun) is very much involved with your natural aggression and assertiveness.

Try reading up on anger management.

evangeliana

yes I learned to upload the image :)thanks, so any ideas about my aspects? actually I don't hide my anger or feelings to myself, I express it and sometimes because of that I would be very offensive.

waybread

Wow, Emma! Where is your Mars at?

Blaming other people for "making you angry" is highly problematical. Each of us is responsible for our own emotions.

The sites I linked are the American Psychological Association and the Mayo Clinic. I think these professionals understand what behaviours are psychopathic and which ones are not. Anger management is a common tool recommended in all kinds of spectrums of American (and Canadian) life.

If you wish to see this as mind control, then go ahead.

MSO

Hello evangeliana, I'm not sure if you're still around (or care about this thread), but I thought I'd weigh in. I was born a few days before you, and I also have the Mars Rx in Aries (and a Libra Sun opposition).

I've done some research, and since I don't use the outer planets, I don't really think they're the cause. I also don't view retrograde planets as being inward-focused. From what I understand, retrograde planets are simply "sick." If my Mars were inverted, I'd have a lot of anger directed at myself or kept inside. I don't have a lot of inner anger, it's the outside world that ticks me off and I make sure they know it.

I think being retrograde just keeps it from behaving properly. Perhaps the energies are just off, causing you to be over-aggressive in some situations, and under-aggressive in others.

For example: You might fly off the handle on someone for making a sarcastic comment, and be simply confused when someone punches you in the face.

Anywho, I'm not even sure if you're going to read this. So I'll keep it short.

Idrew

I have a very similar configuration with mars rx opposing my sun and trine my moon. I also get angry very easily and even confrontational. I also have some serious road rage issues. So I don't really sick that my mars rx is "sick" at all, but very over active.

MSO

I have a very similar configuration with mars rx opposing my sun and trine my moon. I also get angry very easily and even confrontational. I also have some serious road rage issues. So I don't really sick that my mars rx is "sick" at all, but very over active.

What sign is your Mars in?

Vista

I have Mars Rx in Leo and unaspected AND it's the ruler of my ASC and placed on the cusp of my 6th house. A lot of health issues(incurrable bladder problems that come and go). I internalize a lot of things and really beat myself up at times, but once in a while I will explode and get really angry, which surprises everyone.

The OP has Mars opposing Sun and squaring Uranus. This is someone who can be an absolute bully and is temperamental with the ability to be cruel. Many athletes have this aspect(Mars/Ur) which is a good way to work with this energy. Moon square Pluto, again, this sort of points to a deep anger and possibly pain from childhood(most likely the mother). I wonder if there is a chemical imbalance going on too, Moon being in it's detriment in Leo.

Contact sports might be a good outlet, i.e. Karate or something along those lines.