Does Eating Meat make you stink of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSO

Lions, Tigers and other real carnivores frequently hunt solo and kill their prey prior to consuming it:smile:

Tigers, being solitary animals, obviously hunt solo. And the process of killing the animal is only to stop it from moving. It's not out of mercy or tenderness that the tiger kills what it eats.

Lions, on the other hand, only hunt solo when there's something wrong with their social structure, such as an outcast young male or a nursing mother. Lions are fast, but can only run for a short duration due to their body weight. They often hunt in groups to alleviate the problem of chasing a much faster animal over long stretches of land. Therefore, they do not "frequently" hunt solo. And again, they only kill the animal to get it to stop moving. If a sickly buffalo were stuck somewhere, they'd pick it apart while it moans in pain.

Furthermore, scavenging is a way for animals to eat when they can't catch a meal on their own. And even then, there's only a certain level of decay they'd be willing to deal with. As any zoo keeper will tell you, these animals prefer to hunt than be fed.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with humans eating meat. It's completely natural for humans to eat other living things. If you think it makes you sick, then don't eat it. Personally, cabbage is absolutely disgusting and I have no idea how other people eat it. But I'm not going to go into length discussing why I think humans were genetically enhanced to eat it by aliens in some attempt to do [insert conspiracy] that is apparently evil. Also we apparently carpet bomb ancient tombs and museums now. That's also important when discussing vegetarian lifestyles, because those military commanders undoubtedly eat tons of meat and smell of death.

JUPITERASC

...they only kill the animal to get it to stop moving.
Obviously
Furthermore, scavenging is a way for animals to eat when they can't catch a meal on their own. And even then, there's only a certain level of decay they'd be willing to deal with. As any zoo keeper will tell you, these animals prefer to hunt than be fed
Many a zookeeper has provided good fodder for a carnivore :smile:
It's completely natural for humans to eat other living things
You are of course entitled to your opinion, however many would disagree

wintersprite1

Premium Member
To All,

Remember debate and conversation are encouraged. Personal attacks on members is against the forum rules. I have and will continue to delete any such provoking and attacks. Next will come personal warnings.

TK

MSO

You are of course entitled to your opinion, however many would disagree

Ah, my post was deleted. Well that's fun. Maybe I should've added more aliens.

Only an estimated 3% of the American population is vegetarian, and I'm sure those numbers are skewed as the polls were likely taken in a metro area(s) where they tend to congregate after yoga class.

So, out of 100 (at least American) people sitting in a room, only roughly 3 would disagree when I said "mmm meat is mighty tasty."

So, no, many would not disagree. Many would agree.

Prominent

"raising animals for food (including land used for grazing and land used to grow feed crops) now uses a staggering 30 percent of the Earth's land mass. More than 260 million acres of U.S. forest have been cleared to create cropland to grow grain to feed farmed animals, and according to scientists at the Smithsonian Institution, the equivalent of seven football fields of land is bulldozed worldwide every minute to create more room for farmed animals."

"
Raising animals for food is grossly inefficient, because while animals eat large quantities of grain, soybeans, oats, and corn, they only produce comparatively small amounts of meat, dairy products, or eggs in return. This is why more than 70 percent of the grain and cereals that we grow in this country are fed to farmed animals.
It takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat, and even fish on fish farms must be fed up to 5 pounds of wild-caught fish to produce 1 pound of farmed fish flesh."

"the farmed animal industry places a serious strain on our water supply. Nearly half of all the water used in the United States goes to raising animals for food."

"What do we get back from all the grain, fossil fuels, and water that go into making animal products? Tons and tons of feces. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the runoff from factory farms pollutes our waterways more than all other industrial sources combined."

But also.. if you think about it.. A lot of the food we produce doesn't even get eaten.... that means a lot of animals that were raised and killed for no reason.

Last edited:

Prominent

..also..
Wild carnivore: "Oh.. there's some meat, I don't know if I should eat that. I don't really feel like finishing this, let me just put this in the garbage over there."

..I don't think so.
wild animals eat as much as they can because otherwise they would starve and die. In the wild, food doesn't go to waste. Where one animal leaves food, another animal comes and finishes up until it's just bones.

People produce a ton of food that just simply doesn't get eaten at all.
The whole food industry is messed up..

JUPITERASC

".....animals eat large quantities of grain, soybeans, oats, and corn, they only produce comparatively small amounts of meat, dairy products, or eggs in return. This is why more than 70 percent of the grain and cereals that we grow in this country are fed to farmed animals.

It takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat, and even fish on fish farms must be fed up to 5 pounds of wild-caught fish to produce 1 pound of farmed fish flesh.

"the farmed animal industry places a serious strain on our water supply. Nearly half of all the water used in the United States goes to raising animals for food."

"What do we get back from all the grain, fossil fuels, and water that go into making animal products? Tons and tons of feces. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the runoff from factory farms pollutes our waterways more than all other industrial sources combined."

But also.. if you think about it.. A lot of the food we produce doesn't even get eaten.... that means a lot of animals that were raised and killed for no reason.
That's grossly inefficient and a misuse of local as well as global resources IMO :smile:

People produce a ton of food that just simply doesn't get eaten at all. The whole food industry is messed up..
Exactly

if there isn't a massive population reduction, or if humans to not switch to eating vegetarian or insects then, extinction or mass population reduction will occur anyway.

I knew about the land issue Prominent stated, but not fully aware of the water issue. I did know that water is a big deal and urinating and defecating in potable water is about as smart as MCO. "the last war will be fought over water."

i still eat store bought meat, or have been lately(hope to fishing soon or hunting), but i do not **** and **** in potable water. that is to **** and **** in face of the Lord. with the exception when i have not choice like i can't just take a **** on the side of the road in downtown or a neighborhood.

but at my house i go back to the earth, not wasting water and throwing a stick in spokes of Life inside the gates of matter.

EDIT: the main problem is the industrial methods of meat and vegetable production. if there was a more holistic approach applied at these large scale operations some meat may be able to be used. like guinea pig, insects, rabbits, wild animals,

who knows what will happen? one thing is for sure the status quo is on the fast track to self Annihilation. cutting down all the rain forest is sick too for whatever reason.

Last edited:

MSO

if there isn't a massive population reduction, or if humans to not switch to eating vegetarian or insects then, extinction or mass population reduction will occur anyway.

I knew about the land issue Prominent stated, but not fully aware of the water issue. I did know that water is a big deal and urinating and defecating in potable water is about as smart as MCO. "the last war will be fought over water."

i still eat store bought meat, or have been lately(hope to fishing soon or hunting), but i do not **** and **** in potable water. that is to **** and **** in face of the Lord. with the exception when i have not choice like i can't just take a **** on the side of the road in downtown or a neighborhood.

but at my house i go back to the earth, not wasting water and throwing a stick in spokes of Life inside the gates of matter.

EDIT: the main problem is the industrial methods of meat and vegetable production. if there was a more holistic approach applied at these large scale operations some meat may be able to be used. like guinea pig, insects, rabbits, wild animals,

who knows what will happen? one thing is for sure the status quo is on the fast track to self Annihilation. cutting down all the rain forest is sick too for whatever reason.

What about free-range grass-fed cattle? Cage-free chickens and turkeys? Sheep? Deer (sold here in stores, not sure about where you live)?

Oh man, I can't wait until you guys find out how they cook king crab and lobster at restaurants.

retinoid

What about free-range grass-fed cattle? Cage-free chickens and turkeys? Sheep? Deer (sold here in stores, not sure about where you live)?

Oh man, I can't wait until you guys find out how they cook king crab and lobster at restaurants.

I'd like to change my theory...some of us were genetically modified from animals :cool:

JUPITERASC

..also..
Wild carnivore: "Oh.. there's some meat, I don't know if I should eat that. I don't really feel like finishing this, let me just put this in the garbage over there."
It is entirely possible that the next step in evolution for animals shall occur when they figure out how to construct chilled cabinets since storing dead fodder in cooling rivers or streams is probably a self-defeating exercise if they intend to get any lunch :smile:

Last edited:

Zonark

Only on an astrology forum can a question about vegetarians turn into an interstellar alien conspiracy and anti-war propaganda/mummy concerns by liberal nutcases.

Humans don't like dead things because dead things carry disease. I guess because of that little tidbit we must all be herbivores. On that note, we also don't like eating leaves, grass, or tree bark. Hmm just what do we like to eat?

If you guys are really against cooking, try eating corn or grains raw. Tell me how your stomach reacts. If you really want to get into a debate about unnatural foods humans have no business eating, I suggest you point your conspiracies in that direction.

The argument that raw meat isn't as easily digestible is moot when you consider the same argument is made for plant matter. Cooking vegetables makes them easier to digest. It's a fact. But wait MSO! You lose vitamins and minerals! Yeah, same thing with meat.

The assumption that Virgo Suns are somehow prone to being herbivorous is silly. I know plenty of Virgos that eat more meat than I do. As I type this, there are two Virgo Suns standing outside my apartment cooking hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. I'm fairly certain they're not aliens. I'm also fairly certain they'd ridicule you for being picky in their caustic Virgo vernacular.

As a final point, who cares about being compassionate? Real carnivores will eat their prey while it's still alive. Humans at least have the decency to kill the animal in a quick and relatively painless way. Also keep in mind that animals do not think like human beings (because we're aliens, or at least genetically modified by them). They don't have thoughts like "Man, if only I wasn't here being fed tons and tons of food in an environment free of any natural predators!" but if they did, I'm sure that's what they'd be thinking.

There are thousands of varieties of leaves human beings will put in salads, grasses juiced for their delicious and nutritious juices and at least one type of bark everyone and their grandmother absolutely loves.

Hint: it begins with a C ends with an N and is found ground up in tons of baked goods and desserts.

I eat raw corn all the time and it tastes great. I don't know what kind of raw corn you've been trying to choke down but a ripe ear of corn is absolutely delicious picked right off the stalk. Raw oats are good too, ever tried those?

Plenty of different varieties of grain that are completely edible raw. The only real reason human beings ever progressed to cooking anything was so we could eat more of the stuff around us. Things previously too tough and inedible to eat (read: the only thing that survived in colder weather) got thrown in the cooking pot or over the fire. Any arguments for or against vegetarianism using cooking to prop them up are, in my opinion, moot for that reason so I agree with you there.

I really roll my eyes at you asking who cares about being compassionate. What an unnecessarily edgy and adolescent thing to say.

How presumptuous to assume understanding of how animals think and its relation to human thought. I've only seen evidence of some humans treating animals with decency. I've seen plenty of evidence of humans who seem incapable of that very simple moral endeavor.

As JupiterAsc pointed out, humans typically cage animals in atrocious living conditions for the entire duration of their lives (I can practically hear you scoffing derisively as you read this MSO). Animals in the wild, though they may suffer a painful end at the teeth of a natural predator, live freely in a natural environment for the duration of that life. The same cannot be said for factory farmed animals. It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, more humane to raise an animal in filthy, cramped and painful conditions for its entire life and to then slaughter it in an unceremoniously mechanical fashion. The only mercy in such a creature's life comes at that relatively quick death, whereas a free animal lives its entire life amongst nature's bounty.

And what a very foolish thing to say to imply an animal understanding its situation in a factory farm would think itself lucky and free from predation when being captured from the moment of birth to be raised as food for a human predator. Often castrated immediately, never allowed to run, many times never once smelling fresh air or tasting foods its ancestors ate for hundreds of thousands of years. Being surrounded from cradle to grave by the pained moans of its kin, the smell of their ****, **** and blood, their bellowing screams as they are led to the machine for slaughter, the atmosphere of perpetual fear and absolute despair. In nature, there is mercy in that you may run from your predator. In a slaughterhouse, your fate is predetermined before birth.

Zonark

If eating grain is so healthy, then do tell me why Native Americans were physically taller and healthier than their much more advanced European counterparts? A diet of meat and vegetables kept their males' heights to an average comparable to today's while the Europeans at the same time were struggling to match the height of the average Asian female. Explain to me why the Germanic tribes that attacked the Romans were so physically superior to their grain-loving companions in the south. Please tell me why a society in modern times that relies heavily on grain products (and their grain-fed livestock) has so much diabetes, heart problems, and a multitude of gastrointestinal issues.

And now the nut cases are comparing cows in a farm to millions of Jewish PEOPLE in a concentration camp. Don't worry, nut job. One day you'll be in some alien's farm getting genetically enhanced while the people in white coats feed you beef and force pills down your throat so you don't bounce off the pretty white walls too much.

Native Americans domesticated corn, quinoa, buckwheat and a whole host of other grains. Please go learn a little about the agrarian history of the cultures native to the Americas before making such presumptuous statements. The Mexican peninsula and upper South American continental cultures practically deified corn and quinoa. Stop reading into all that primal diet hype. It's poorly researched.

Also I don't see anyone talking about aliens here, not sure why you keep bringing that up as an object of ridicule. Bizarre.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I gave a warning earlier to keep the conversation going without the personal attacks. The thread had degraded from the original topic by the bickering back and forth. The thread is now closed.

TK

Status
Not open for further replies.