Interesting piece of the sign of Leo

The19thLaw

Here is the piece:

http://astrology.gatewaytoatlantis.com/Signs/Leo.shtml

Now here is what stuck out to me as you scroll down below:

Many of our mythological associations with Leo refer to kings and queens, heroes and heroines. They preside over the wild beasts of the jungle and represent fearlessness and courage. Thus, the wisdom in Leo is tied first to one's ability to outwit the beast or enemy, and second, to protect its offspring or kingdom from such enemies. In ancient times kings and tribal leaders typically earned their position as rulers because they displayed such mighty strength and mastery over their challengers that their subjects stood in awe of their abilities.
[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

I find it to be so true in real life with Leos I have known. They often get targeted or envied but in the end are the ones finishing the fight. I think this is a modern astrology myth where Scorpios are the avengers where I find Scorpios actually start the confrontations and fights out of envy or disdain. They say Pluto is domiciled in Scorpio but exalted in Leo.

Last edited by a moderator:

OuterPlanets89

It might be easy to rain on Leos, but I think they're the easiest to figure out in terms of what makes them tick (in a vacuum). But that being said, they do have quite a bit of potential and dynamism once they get the admiration and adoration they crave (the fuel needed to keep a Fixed Fire going).

I think one of the reasons for this is because Leo energy, or the 5th House, represents a time in adolescence where we assert ourselves ("I Am") from our families (4th/Cancer), and is often done with more unbridled enthusiasm/confidence than other more pessimistic/critical energies in the Zodiac. It's almost child-like, but it's needed, as many will be worn down when the cards are stacked against them, while a strong Leo (provided they're getting the love they need) will keep on pushing with the original cause in mind.

The problem is that undeveloped Leo energy manifests a lot like a selfish teenager, where they can be self-serving and stubborn. And unfortunately the Pluto in Leo generation is an example of that - where a lack of self-awareness mixed with their opportunistic, confident energy in a time where resources/opportunities were far more plentiful. Naturally a lot of short-sighted policies and decisions were made that many of them refuse to take accountability for. I don't want to paint with a broad brush though -- there have been terrible people from every generation in power, and we just happen to be currently dealing with many policies from their era.

It's difficult for us Pluto in Scorpios to deal with the Pluto in Leo generation's child-like optimism and faith in the system because that happened to be the world they grew up in, and like any generation (especially the Fixed Sign Pluto generations), we are stubborn about our core values.

Scorpio energy is naturally very different, because it might be the hardest to pinpoint what makes them tick (for the average observer). They're known to "rain on Leos" because they usually faced loss/disappointment early on, and often times positive passionate people rub the more negative Scorpios the wrong way, because they're able to see all the "bad" deep below the surface -- of people, institutions, corporations etc. I think a lot of this anger is coming from Scorpios who are tired of all the bad being swept under the rug.

The19thLaw

I think Scorpio energy is quite easy to figure out.

While Leo is more forward and direct with wanting power, Scorpio wants it just as much but is very indirect about it, often putting up a front of self-righteousness. A Scorpio will envy the rich and put up a front of being all for the poor, until money comes and it will be that very person they envy.

They say behind the passionate hatred of something is a bitter envy of not having had that thing. This is the embodiment of Scorpio energy and explanation of the sign.

A Scorpio is that one girl who claims how bad playboys are but as soon as one gets his eyes on her, her legs are splitting!

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Hello friends!

Today the topic of our forum post is "Interesting Facts about Leo". Leo, also known as Leo birth sign, holds a unique place in a person's life. We study the characteristics of the people of this zodiac sign, their behavior, and the degrees occurring in the areas of their life.

Leo personality profile

People of Leo zodiac are famous for their individuality and excitement. They have a sense of confidence and welcome, which makes them attractive and positive people. Their courage and enthusiasm keep them fearless in front of others.

Achieving success in career

People of Leo zodiac are mostly seen in high positions. They have leadership abilities and a lot of self-confidence. They put full heart, hard work and dedication into their work, due to which they achieve success.

managing emotions

Leo people manage their emotions very beautifully. Their feelings of sympathy, love, and enthusiasm are always at a high level. They can form deep bonds with their loved ones and remain devoted to them always.

face of Leo zodiac sign

People of Leo zodiac sign always have a smiling face. There is a feeling of joy and enthusiasm in them, which reflects their charming personality.

in short

In this forum post we saw how interesting the personalities of Leo people are. They can be called the kings of their soul, who have courage, enthusiasm, and full heart to achieve their goals. People born under the Leo zodiac sign deserve respect and admiration for their unique qualities.

obsidianmineral

I respectfully disagree. No sign is good or bad. Just yesterday I was seeing the case of Diane Downs, a convicted murderer of her three children. She's a diagnosed narcissist and sociopath, who only got pregnant because she liked the attention and special treatment of others during pregnancy, but quickly disliked her children once they were born since the attention from others was directed to them instead. She fell in love with a coworker called Lew with whom he had an affair, and he told her she couldn't be with her because she loved her wife more and because she had kids, so she decided one day to kill the three of them one day. She was arrested shortly after when her story and recounting of the incident made barely any sense, and she seemed very calm and even laughed while she said it.

I was surprised by the level of narcissism and sickness of her character so I looked up her natal chart and guess what? About 7 planets all in Leo. The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Pluto and Mars. Most of them squaring Saturn in Scorpio.

It might be my Aquarius placements but I definitely think most of the good-talk you hear from Leo is just said by Leos themselves, painfully unaware that most of the people do not manifest their sign to a highly-evolved degree. And that Leo simply isn't as great as Leos think them to be, just like any sign has virtues and flaws. All signs can be good or bad, and in my own personal experience (although this obviously doesn't represent everyone), most Leos I've met are friendly and charismatic at first but then you find out it's all an act of selfishness and manipulation.

What Leo represents is great, yes, but that's not the way it's expressed in real life.

I like the description that Liz Greene gives of Leo. I can't remember exactly the source but she says Leo reminds her of the story of Percival: a boy who grows in the woods with her mother until the age of 15, when he encounters a group of knights and is inspired by them, so he follows them and eventually is knighted himself. He finds the wounded Fisher King in the grail castle in a and sees the Holy Grail, but afraid of not overstepping his code, he doesn't ask what it is -- and that's his fatal flaw. He later learns that had he asked a question about it, he would've returned the king to health. And so he spends the rest of his life in search of the Grail again, knowing now what to do. In some versions he does find it and in others it's inconclusive.

I personally think Leo represents spiritually the impulse to dive deeper into oneself. To "ask the right question" like Percival, is to find one's own spark and creative life force within. The fatal flaw of Leo is not framing the problem of personal potential correctly, not knowing that in order to find your own value and uniqueness you need to stop depending on other people's approval, and not fixate on superficial things as these will never give one self-esteem. I think Leo at its highest is far more about finding one's own potential and creativity - to do things that come solely from the heart and purely, rather than doing actions or acts of bravery. I think the archetype of the hero defeating the beast is more fitting to Aries if it's expressed well. Aries is about declaring one's own strength onto the world, to jump into action without hesitation and using courage to do the right thing. It's curious how Joseph Campbell, who wrote the Hero's Journey and which is used as a model to write stories about heroes, has a stellium in Aries. Not that Leo can't suit that role, but at its deepest doesn't focus on the exterior but purely on finding his or her own light.