Does saturn in the 1st house affect your appearance?

cocoloco

I have Saturn in Scorpio in my first house and when I do not smile I look so serious and scary. When I do smile my face completely change.

Smiling:
242-1.jpg

Tropical Chart:
sidereal.gif

Sidereal Chart:

sidereal.gif

Last edited:

Seasoul

I have heard that saturn on the ascendant or in the 1st affects the appearance. IMOE, I have it on the ascendant, and I have been told that my face lights up when I smile, almost to the point of looking like a different person, and if I am not smiling many people ask me if I am OK, which suggests a certain demeanor -perhaps it looks as if something is on my mind - it usually is though - maybe this is saturn in the 1st too, maybe it lends a certain pointed attention that manifests visually to others as "seriousness".

lucyluirod

I Have saturn on my ascendant but in the 12th house and Im always look serious with a dry sense of humour as well, people often dont quite know how to take me untill they get to know me.

But when I smile I light up like a beacon:smile: my face completely changes and I exude warmth.

Cocoloco I wouldnt say you look scary unsmiling, perhaps intense, theres an intensity in your eyes. Perhaps that scopion intensity is coming through

Skywomb

I Have saturn on my ascendant but in the 12th house and Im always look serious with a dry sense of humour as well, people often dont quite know how to take me untill they get to know me.

But when I smile I light up like a beacon:smile: my face completely changes and I exude warmth.
Kinda the same here.

Huh, well everyone said that,,, though smiling does change everyones face a lot, still.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Any planet in the first house, especially close to the Asc, affects the appearance, and also how you come across.

If it were Ven, it would make you look even more charming and relaxed than you already are. Sat close to the Asc can usually make one look a bit older than they are, and, of a more serious countenance. Mer would be just the opposite. Jup might give a big nose or a bigger face, in general, perhaps make you look more benevolent and trusting. Jup on the Asc also often gives a large forehead. Plu would lend an intense (also sometimes to the point of making others uncomfortable) and penetrating look; like a person who is always 'watching' others and perhaps also a 'shady' kind of a look. On the more positive side, Plu's touch can be magnetic, with an air of secrecy about the native, like something lurking beneath the appearance, or the mask, which draws the attention of others. The Moon close to the Asc may make the face a bit rounder and fuller, often the eyes watery, and generally it lends a warm, affectionate, motherly touch.

Nep close to the Asc might give a faraway/dreamy look to the face/eyes, and make the person unapproachable in the sense that you do not really know what exactly is going on with that person (mind you, this inscrutability is different from that of Plu, which is more calulatingly wanting to be more discreet than usual). Ura close to the Asc will usually tickle the native into adding that extra something-different-about-myself touch, be it the hairstyle or colour, or just a different fashion sense that makes them stand out. The Sun will lend, well, a warm and generous, but also often an arrogant look. The face and upper body are usually more prominent, as is often also the hair in some way (due to a thick, sometimes wavy mane, or just by being worn more fully). With Mars in the first house, the person might have hair problems (premature hair-loss) or some sort of a scar on the head/ face area; or some prominent birth mark. The person will usually come across as assertive, perhaps even agressive or at least to 'forthcoming' in not the most subtle manner.

Besides just looking at the planets in the first house, please also take note of the Asc sign itself, and the aspects to the Asc. If Mars is in the first house, but the Asc is in Pisces, well, then Mars loses its assertiveness and the manner is not all that 'pushy or compelling', but watered down by Pisces. On the other hand, a combo of Scorpio on the Asc and Sat or Plu in the first or esp close to the Asc, oops, unless the Asc is otherwise aspected by the likes Ven/Sun/Jup/Nep, the person may come across as a person that others might find difficult/a bit uneasy to approach.

Cocoloco, in your case, you are lucky that Sat is not in the same sign as your Asc, which would have added more weight to Sat's presence in the first house.

:)AQ7

Skywomb

Would you consider Uranus and Saturn having somewhat the same effect here? considering they are fairly intertwined in some ways at least.

Mmmm, I mean look at all the capricorn people, rock stars etc etc,....if you get my drift. Or is that just something unrelated to this particular subject you'd say?

Or undecided? :) Just askin' :)

aquarius7000

Hi,

Saying that Sat and Ura could have the same effect would not be fair to either of them, and a bit far-fetched. Ura is more akin to the likes of Mer and Mars. Ura or Mars close to the Asc gives a certain boldness, and the person with this aspect might wear the image similar to the one in your avatar, Skywomb. Sat likes things austere/ in their places/ and often a bit orthodox. Sat does not like to stand out. Ura could want to do everything to stand out, to assert its individuality.

As for Cap rock stars, well, they often won't just have Sat ruling their Asc. There could be one of the aforementioned planets lurking in the background hitting up the Asc. Just sayin';)

JUPITERASC

....Sat likes things austere/ in their places/ and often a bit orthodox. Sat does not like to stand out. Ura could want to do everything to stand out, to assert its individuality.
This is interesting - may I present The King of Rock n' Roll? Elvis Presley :smile:
...As for Cap rock stars,
Elvis Presley, arguably the most famous Rock Star of all time is a Tropical Capricorn... so what's going on astrologically?...
....well, they often won't just have Sat ruling their Asc. There could be one of the aforementioned planets lurking in the background hitting up the Asc. Just sayin';)
The King of rock n' roll has no planets conjunct ascendant.

Saturn is sextile ascendant
Moon squares ascendant

attached chart of The King I randomly discovered online

Attachments

• ELVIS PRESLEY CAPRICORN SUN.jpg
    ELVIS PRESLEY CAPRICORN SUN.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 38

cocoloco

I have Pluto in Scorpio in my ascendant, I guess that adds to the intensity. My Venus is conjunct mercury in Pisces in sidereal and in Aries in tropical quincunx my ascendant. Would that make a different? Someone told me in sidereal I have rahu conjunct mars in Aries in the 7th house of Libra which would intensifies everything as my ascendant ruler in sidereal is Libra. Saturn is the most important planet for a Libra ascendant; and in sidereal it is also in Scorpio, but in my 2nd house which they said represents your face?I have Uranus in Scorpio and pars fortune ( I have no clue what that is) there also.

cocoloco

I have heard that saturn on the ascendant or in the 1st affects the appearance. IMOE, I have it on the ascendant, and I have been told that my face lights up when I smile, almost to the point of looking like a different person, and if I am not smiling many people ask me if I am OK, which suggests a certain demeanor -perhaps it looks as if something is on my mind - it usually is though - maybe this is saturn in the 1st too, maybe it lends a certain pointed attention that manifests visually to others as "seriousness".

Lol I get that a lot too. Like if I don't. Smile or talk they ask me what is wrong. Usually something is if I am not talking or smiling. For a heavily influenced Scorpio and Pisces chart I am much more of an extrovert. I took that personality test 3 to four times and got enjf each time. I wonder why? I thought I would be more of a introvert.

aquarius7000

Hi,

I have Pluto in Scorpio in my ascendant, I guess that adds to the intensity.
Maybe it is just a matter of the English language, but Pluto is in Libra and about 12° away from your tropical Libra Asc at 21°.

As to Saturn being very important for Libra Asc's, well, I do agree with you, and would even more, if Saturn were in Libra, where it is exalted. However, in your chart, Saturn is already out of its exaltation and into Scorpio, and also 12° away from your Asc. You do have the South Node close to your Asc, which does lend a more sombre look, something I forgot to mention earlier.

This is interesting - may I present The King of Rock n' Roll? Elvis Presley :smile:
Oh sure you may. :) In fact, you have helped me a lot (or actually Elvis has) to corroborate a lot of what I had earlier written, esp in my post to Skywomb.

Elvis Presley, arguably the most famous Rock Star of all time is a Tropical Capricorn
... so what's going on astrologically?...

The King of rock n' roll has no planets conjunct ascendant.

Saturn is sextile ascendant
Moon squares ascendant
If only you had read my posts a bit more carefully. I have been mentioning and discussing the Asc, NOT Sun signs. Now, going back to Elvis, he might be a Solar Cap, BUT, he has a bold fire Asc. To make matters bolder, he has his Mars (please read my previous post) in an exact aspect to his fire Asc, an aspect you forgot to list up. Also, I said in my previous post: "aspects to the Asc", NOT just conjunctions. In fact, if we were to consider the minor aspects, such as a sesquiquadrate, he has an exact one from Uranus to Asc, thereby corroborating my 2nd theory of Uranus aspecting the Asc. So, Elvis's e.g. proves both: Mars and Ura both aspecting the Asc, and making him rather bold in his appearance/ way of dressing up.

Looking deeper into Elvis' chart, the most famous Rock Star had the brilliant aspect of Uranus-Mer, so his thinking was of a very Uranian nature, and, with a Ura-Ven, so were his likes and dislikes.

Thanks again

JUPITERASC

Oh sure you may. :) In fact, you have helped me a lot (or actually Elvis has) to corroborate a lot of what I had earlier written, esp in my post to Skywomb.

If only you had read my posts a bit more carefully. I have been mentioning and discussing the Asc, NOT Sun signs
Thanks again :)AQ7
Nevertheless, allow me to focus on Sun signs. The King is a TROPICAL Capricorn and simply seems untypical of the sign :smile:

I highlighted that Elvis Presley is a TROPICAL Capricorn

I did that because The King is a SIDEREAL Sagittarius Sun with a SIDEREAL Scorpio Ascendant and for many, Elvis Presley's Sidereal natal chart seems to describe the Rock Star personality more so than the tropical WITHOUT having to bring in the outer planets on whose use not every astrologer is agreed.

Just my two cents worth

aquarius7000

Hi,

Usually something is if I am not talking or smiling. For a heavily influenced Scorpio and Pisces chart I am much more of an extrovert.
Except for Sat in Sco (where it stayed for over 2 yrs) and Ura there (over 8 yrs), both of which are quite impersonal in nature, you have nothing in Sco. Pluto at the time of your birth was only receding even further away (than 12°) from your Asc and was moving towards your 11th house, not towards your 1st. This makes its influence on your Asc fairly limited. You might be an extrovert due to an airy Libra Asc, an Aqua Moon, and most of your Piscean planets are aspected by Uranus, which makes them quite unpiscean.

Nevertheless, allow me to focus on Sun signs. The King is a TROPICAL Capricorn and simply seems untypical of the sign :smile:...
You are free to focus on Sun signs, or whatever you please. However, per your remarks and question, you asked: so what's happening astrologically. Hence my astrological clarification in keeping with what was being discussed, the Asc and the 1st house. Also, something might seem untypical of a sun sign (here Cap), however, you don't just look at the placement of the Sun in a sign, but also the other planets aspecting it. That colours the behaviour of an otherwise typical (Cap) Sun. :)

You say some astrologers don't even consider the outer planets. Ok, well, let's leave Uranus out for a min to stick to what you say. Even then, the Cap Sun in your e.g. chart is in about a 4° aspect to Mars, hence it will NOT behave as a typical Cap Sun. The otherwise conventional Cap Sun may give in to Mars' daringness. Whichever way you may choose to look at it, both the Asc and Sun are affected by Mars, and that has to be considered.

JUPITERASC

You are free to focus on Sun signs, or whatever you please. :)AQ7
Thank you. I find Elvis Presley has an interesting Sidereal Chart :smile:

I have attached the chart calculated using whole signs

Sidereal Sagittarius Sun
Sidereal Scorpio Asc
Sidereal Scorpio Ascendant ruler Mars is located in Virgo and squares Sun Mercury conjunction in Sidereal Sagittarius in 2nd whole sign house
Sidereal Sun ruler Jupiter is located in 12th whole sign house

Attachments

• ELVIS PRESLEY SAGITTARIUS SUN.jpg
    ELVIS PRESLEY SAGITTARIUS SUN.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 28

Skywomb

I was already going to say that you should'nt sneak peek so much at my chart :wink:
This might be fairly off-topic now... (No it's not it's regarding appearance hehe...) Surely you have noticed this rebellious streak, or I should rather say perhaps a "trying too hard" attitude in many a Capricornian people (ASC or whatever). Which leads me to think that surely at least it is a factor that could contribute greatly in the making of say a Marilyn Manson (yes I know he has a Leo ASC and Moon there etc etc just an example). And then, the Capricornian heavily influenced person would rather use a crazy image rather than like it, one could perhaps say.

I.e. everyone goes crazy? would be a libran way of puttin' this (far too libran)

And thanks for the compliment on my avatar! I didn't think it was that good, untill now... Haha.

Last edited:

Claire19

I have Saturn in Scorpio in my first house and when I do not smile I look so serious and scary. When I do smile my face completely change.

Smiling:
242-1.jpg

Not smiling:
vietgirl15.jpg

Tropical Chart:
sidereal.gif

sidereal.gif
Saturn in Scorpio does lend to a dark and rather serious look.
You may be the darkest in your family. Everyone's face is transformed when they smile. There can be a restrictive childhood and you may be very serious as a result. Not much fun as a child.

Melaike

I have Satuurn in the first house and I have a serious face expression.Also I never had full cheeks in my life even as a child

Skywomb

You may be the darkest in your family. Everyone's face is transformed when they smile. There can be a restrictive childhood and you may be very serious as a result. Not much fun as a child.
Had a friend with Saturn conjunct Pluto (Libra stellium), and bad childhood (well orphan and lacking affection at any rate),,, Now she had Mars and uranus rising (that was obvious and the hilarity is that she didn't feel very female in an odd way which a fair bit could be explained by those two, (plus her Libra stellium), but yeah I guess.

cocoloco

What do you mean by darkest? As in intense? Hmm I am probably the most serious looking when I do not smile in comparison to my sister and mom. As for skin tone, I am the whitest compared to them. I am also very tall compared to them. My mom is barely 5'1, my sister barely 5'2 and I am almost 5'7. I read somewhere that Saturn in the first house could make one awkwardly tall. Well, I am Asian and I guess for me it means being over 5'5 lol. :happy:

BTW you are right. My childhood although not horribly bad compared to some people I know was full of responsibilities. I grew up faster than I should. When my mom got a divorced I was only 10 but I stepped up and helped her out with as many chores and errands as I can. I wanted to help her out because I felt bad for her. Even as a child I was very aware of the drama that was occurring, and it did effect me.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

I was already going to say that you should'nt sneak peek so much at my chart :wink:
This might be fairly off-topic now... (No it's not it's regarding appearance hehe...) Surely you have noticed this rebellious streak, or I should rather say perhaps a "trying too hard" attitude in many a Capricornian people (ASC or whatever). Which leads me to think that surely at least it is a factor that could contribute greatly in the making of say a Marilyn Manson (yes I know he has a Leo ASC and Moon there etc etc just an example). And then, the Capricornian heavily influenced person would rather use a crazy image rather than like it, one could perhaps say.

Don't hit me for it, but here comes another long ride of a post.

Speaking just of Saturn alone on the Asc; say if a person has a Cap Asc with just Sat aspecting it; no matter what goes on inside this person, this person will try to portray an image to the outside world of a calm and contained individual. They will do all it takes to keep any rebellion well under guard. The quality of Saturn is discipline and never stepping out of line. Now unless roughians like Mars or Uranus come along to break Saturn's stride, Saturn by itself will never let the rebellion streak out, as its main aim is to maintain statusquo.

Since I've been getting PM's, let me just add here, the closer the planet to the Asc, the more intense its effect, esp if it is in the same sign as the Asc. Saturn close to the Asc or conj it will make the person somewhat bony, even lanky; the face could be gaunt and sombre. The cheeks will be bony and the face will appear somewhat chiselled (usually a fat-free face).

What one has to look at is the sign of the Asc + planets in the first house + if any planets are at least in an aspect to the Asc = give a fairly good idea of the appearance of the individual. We can also consider the sign the ruler of the Asc is in.

Scorpio Asc + Sat close to the Asc = somewhat dark (shady=Sco) + sombre (Sat) countenance, with deep, penetrating eyes (Sco). Such a person will often (unknowingly) tend to send a somewhat keen (Sco) and daunting/morbid (Sco+Sat mix) look on the whole

Cap Asc + Sat close to the Asc = gaunt and tired/weathered look, seemingly older and usually bony/narrow/longish; the first impression is that of a well-disciplined, no-nonsense person

Cap Asc + Venus close to the Asc = chiselled (slim) face, but with a touch of serenity/cool look and usually a nice complexion or something that's pleasing about the face/the general get-up (even if its just good manners). A person with Venus close to the Asc will have a quality of welcome or some feature that makes a first (Asc involved) good/pleasing impression (even if they don't force a smile on their face). Ven close to the Asc often gives a Mona Lisa touch

Sco Asc + Mars close to the Asc = again a fairly Sco look, a contained, but stopping at nothing to get what it wants type of attitude. However, there is a difference as to how this person will go about getting what it wants as compared to Aries Asc + Mars in its vicinity. Sco Asc + Mars will not easily let the outside world know about its motives, no, it will knowingly hide them (the Sco secrecy is at play). That is why the person often gives a shady and calm/discreet first impression

Aries Asc + Mars close by = somewhat of a roughian/ tomboyish first impression. Usually copper/reddish/thin hair (though might be full in younger years). Usually some scar around the head/face area or moles or freckles, or (and don't laugh) acne problem leaving scars. The best you can pick are very active, can't sit idle or still (unless most personal planets in Tau or Cap). The person will often come across as rash/impulsive/ even quarrelsome/ self-willed

Aries Asc + Nep or Moon will make the person much more calm and easy to get along with. Moon will usually give more feminine curves (than Aries Asc + Mars) and something of a worrying/caring attitude. Whilst an Aries Asc + Moon there will worry, it will also do something to resolve what's worrying, even if it means to go and fight for the cause in public. A Cancer Asc with Moon there will be a wee bit more timid, but worry big time. They need a pronounced Mars to help them 'get up and go'.

Aries Asc + Ura on the Asc = rebellion, you might need the army to hold this person back when they set out to reform the world. Very impulsive and outgoing, but with a more 'we' than 'I' attitude. Person won't mind wearing their hair pink and their shoes a bright green with some tattooes to cover their arms. If not that, their boisterous/tomboyish attitude will get them noticed, or crude mannerism

Aquarius Asc + Ura on Asc = the world's my home (my own home is like a prison, if not exactly spacious); always ready to set trends and the more out of line, the happier they make the native. However, there is a difference here, rebellion often to fight for a cause is here the case. With Aqua involved, often there is a larger interest at heart, no matter how odd it may seem at first. The person will often have something about them to set them apart and there will often be that aloof + distant air about them, yet they will come across as friendly, with an ear for everyone's woes. That is the contradiction in terms of the Aqua and Ura energy

Leo Asc with the Sun or Jup there = Larger than life attitude and look. The hair are usually worn full around the head, which will make the face area seem big, or it will be big per se. Often a big forehead, not exactly dainty facial features. Often broad-chested, or broad-shouldered, but also large-hearted and a dignified; gracious attitude. They like to make a parade of everything, anything to make them the centre of attraction. Seldom does a Leo (Asc or Sun) like to go unnoticed. If the body is not big enough, the voice will be loud to compensate, perhaps the manner a bit condescending, but the Sun and/or Jup close by will often exude warmth and benevolence, so they will be liked

Leo Asc + Ven = may be big in some way, but there will be some feminine quality, be it just their delicate movements. If not big physically, their smile will be from ear to ear. Often something pleasing there to make them liked. A very positive attitude and full of optimism. However, if the likes of Sat + Plu are close by, usually accompanied by the lean/gaunt look again. Sometimes, the area around the eyes is somewhat hollow (deep-set eyes). Think of Jeremy Irons

Virgo Asc = often clean-kept and shy. Something very neat about their appearance. They will seldom be big-muscled or broad shouldered. Always something slim and narrow about them; often slim-limbed. If Sat is close by = very dutybound. Love to save money. Both Virgo's and Sco's like 'freebees'. In comparison to their Gem/ Mercurian counterparts, it's Virgo's shyness and neat/delicate look that makes them look younger than their age. With Gemini, it is their agility, eagerness, bright-eyed look, a general merriment (even mirth) that makes them look younger

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all any more. The key is to see how well the Asc ruler and planets close to it mesh. A Mars has to struggle more with a Piscean or a Cap Asc to come through (still will, but lesser than usual); whereas it comes out full force with an Aries or Aquarius Asc

An outer planet in the first house/close to the Asc usually has a profound effect on the early life of the individual, and often its effect will come out in the actions/attitude of the individual. E.g. planets like Pluto or Sat in the first house give a childhood faced with struggles in some manner (often poor health, sometimes poverty with Sat's austerity), and this usually makes the person come across (Asc involved) as more mature and serious for their age. Pluto might also lead to some sort of early-life tragedy or destitution, something life-transforming.

Ura close by means that the childhood could have been fraught with upheavels/ instability/ something unsettled, which makes the person somewhat of a rebellion. With Mars there, there is often some violence (either during birth itself) or falls/breakages etc involved. This gives the native a somewhat restless/rash attitude. Neptune close to the Asc, oh boy, you never really know what's on with the person, or the person is hardly ever in real touch with what's around them. Nep does give a proclivity toward deceipt in some manner.

Please consider all the aspects to the Asc. Don't come back and say I have Mars conj my Asc, but I am oh so laid back. Look and see, if Nep or Ven are aspecting the Asc as well, or if Sat is there to tame Mars.

Last edited: