Do you think Trump will survive COVID?

aquarius7000

It's happening for sure.

The level of collusion between Russia and Trump campaign is Y U G E!

His sons are involved in politics, DT is involved with his businesses.

So many paths to his impeachment.

He will resign like Nixon to 'save face' and then turn around and blame it
on President Obama.

His credibility is over, nobody believes a word he says anymore. Even his
own supporters are telling him to shut up with his twitter rants.

I'm betting with Ladbrokes and scooping a big win at the end of the year.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/betting/donald-trump-odds

:wink:

And I agree

waybread

I must be missing something. Is this thread about whether Trump will survive CV-19 or about turn-out at mass campaign rallies (vs. at the polls)?

Most voters have no interest in attending mass campaign rallies.

Bernie Sanders had great turn-out at his rallies. It didn't help him in the primaries.

david starling

I must be missing something. Is this thread about whether Trump will survive CV-19 or about turn-out at mass campaign rallies (vs. at the polls)?

Bernie Sanders had great turn-out at his rallies. It didn't help him in the primaries.

The Trump Presidency won't survive COVID. [IMO]

ElenaJ

way bread, even stranger things happen here!
There's a thread called "DEMOCRATS WORRIED that Joe BIDEN TOO FEEBLE lacks mental alertness to TAKE ON TRUmp" and hardly anyone writes about Biden's feeble mental alertness, and the majority of the posts are only attacks against Trump!
Replies are obviously flexible!
Please don't get upset!

david starling

way bread, even stranger things happen here!
There's a thread called "DEMOCRATS WORRIED that Joe BIDEN TOO FEEBLE lacks mental alertness to TAKE ON TRUmp" and hardly anyone writes about Biden's feeble mental alertness, and the majority of the posts are only attacks against Trump!
Replies are obviously flexible!
Please don't get upset!

Biden's doing all right. Trump's looking feeble and scattered.

david starling

Mass rallies = more Covid-19 fatalities.

Trump wants mass rallies.

Therefore, Trump wants more Covid-19 fatalities.

Why in the world does he want THAT?

aquarius7000

Why and How are questions that requisite some thinking and introspecting usually. Thinking or at least thinking rationally and with a broader view of things (how a decision of his, as the president, would affect the country at large) is not his strongest point, as you jolly well know by now, or we would not be in the really sad position that we are in today and have been since 4 years and only worsening every year.

He does not think about others. He will hold mass rallies to massage just his own bloody ego. He does NOT care about his fellow country people that he swore to protect. His supporters, most of them, also do not care two hoots about the repercussions. Hence they support spread of covid and more deaths in the US, children separated from their parents, acute racism, etc etc etc... because in a cult, it is all about worshipping the master.

In a nutshell, HE is all about BLAME, BRAG and BLUFF

Cary2

Banned
Why and How are questions that requisite some thinking and introspecting usually. Thinking or at least thinking rationally and with a broader view of things (how a decision of his, as the president, would affect the country at large) is not his strongest point, as you jolly well know by now, or we would not be in the really sad position that we are in today and have been since 4 years and only worsening every year.

He does not think about others. He will hold mass rallies to massage just his own bloody ego. He does NOT care about his fellow country people that he swore to protect. His supporters, most of them, also do not care two hoots about the repercussions. Hence they support spread of covid and more deaths in the US, children separated from their parents, acute racism, etc etc etc... because in a cult, it is all about worshipping the master.

In a nutshell, HE is all about BLAME, BRAG and BLUFF

The question was facetious, and it was, "why does he want more Cov-19 infection?".

Nobody believes that Trump wants more Cov-19 infections. Not even the Left. The Left recognize their favorite tactic, false witness, the same act that is classified in the Bible as a cardinal sin. It is the game of politics.

It is nihilistic, but in these pages, Trump was called nihilistic. Classical Leftist behavior. Due to profound guilt, they project their own evil upon their enemies. This is otherwise known as hypocrisy.

[Deleted "you" statement. "You" statements are attacks. Keep it about the issue, NOT the person. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

leomoon

Waybread: Senator Sanders could have won over HRC back in 2016 but he was not the choice for those who matter and control the DNC nor was he their choice in 2020.

After Senator Clyburn put out a rousing call prior to the primary Election date for "all black citizens" to vote for Joe Biden, they heeded the call. :sad: After this Senator Sanders knew he could not get the electoral vote count he'd need so decided to join Biden and give them to him. More to Bernie's fine character.

Life is like that seemingly unfair. But everyone has their own choice is they wish to take it. Look at trump, he puts out a call for white nationalists to help him overcome in November, and they do and will continue to "heed the call".

My mom use to joke "People, ugh! What are they good for" (Sagittarius Sun):lol:

leomoon

A look back to2016:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/28/opinion/bernie-sanders-polls.html

Almost all of the current polling data shows Mr. Sanders winning the national popular vote. In the most recent national polls testing Democratic candidates against Mr. Trump, Mr. Sanders beat him in every single one, with margins varying from 2 percent to 6 percent. This has been the case for nearly a year now, with Mr. Sanders outpolling the president in 67 of 72 head-to-head polls since March.

I think Bernie is simply a man out of time (i.e. ahead of his time).....
In a few years perhaps a decade or two, what he proposes will the the law of the land here in the United States. We'll finally "catch up".

Cary2

Banned
I remember Trump's first speech in his campaign. No one was sure if Trump was serious about running for president. Trump had toyed with the idea for decades. Then he gave a stump speech. He stood on a soapbox and addressed the widespread outrage about illegal immigration. For our entire national history, we had laws and procedures about immigration, but then came the huge wave of illegal immigrants who trampled on those laws and who expressed their disrespect for their neighbor to the North even though they were clawing to enter the United States for obvious reasons. On the day following Trump's first speech, most of the mainstream news outlets, whether they were print, broadcast, or internet, accused Trump of calling Mexicans rapists. I heard the speech first hand, and I have acquired a transcript of the speech. Trump never said such a thing.

The mainstream media is a corrupt cabal who lied then and who has lied habitually ever since.

Soon a history professor from the University of Texas wrote an op-ed in Salon magazine about the atrocity of the mainstream media altering Trump's words to mean that all Mexicans were rapists. The UT professor was not a Trump supporter. He was a self-avowed Sanders supporter, but he was outraged by the scurrilous and dishonest press. He said that he heard the speech first hand, and though he thought there were some awkward comments that would be used against Trump, he acknowledged that Trump never said such a thing. He expressed his alarm that the press had come to this.

It only got worse in the following months.

Then we discovered that powerful elements in the DOJ launched a coup against the President. We learned that not only was the press a crooked organization who defied their own long-established ethics, but the Obama administration was a criminal enterprise.

The progressives are utterly nihilistic and violent and determined to grip the American public in some kind of governmental authoritarian onslaught that will diminish freedom of speech and other rights. We fought World War II over the threat to such freedoms, and we should fight the "progressives" for the same reason. They are evil and they rejoice in it.

Last edited:

blackbery

Mass riots, looting, burning, killing with thugs & criminals not wearing masks.
\
But that's okay with the MSM & the corrupt, evil Dems.:andy::unsure:

david starling

The question was facetious, and it was, "why does he want more Cov-19 infection?". You did not answer the question or justify the outrageous accusation. Instead you went off on a tangent in an effort to accuse Trump of other things.

Nobody believes that Trump wants more Cov-19 infections. Not even the Left. The Left recognize their favorite tactic, false witness, the same act that is classified in the Bible as a cardinal sin. It is the game of politics.

It is nihilistic, but in these pages, Trump was called nihilistic. Classical Leftist behavior. Due to profound guilt, they project their own evil upon their enemies. This is otherwise known as hypocrisy.

You caught the facetious part.

The answer is: Trump, doesn't want to cause more Covid-19 fatalities; but instead, he is suffering from acute Cognitive Dissonance, and is therefore unable to understand the consequences of his own actions.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

The answer is: Trump, doesn't want to cause more Covid-19 fatalities, but instead, he is suffering from acute Cognitive Dissonance, and is therefore unable to understand the consequences of his own actions.

Alas, David, that cognitive dissonance seems to be just as contagious and widespread... it is not just the big bully. Even though "one is too many". It seems many others don't seem to think there is anything wrong with the big covid-stricken bully being out there holding rallies. I mean the man said there are many that want to kiss him and hug him and that he will not ask them to back up.

Last edited:

david starling

The answer is: Trump, doesn't want to cause more Covid-19 fatalities; but instead, he is suffering from acute Cognitive Dissonance, and is therefore unable to understand the consequences of his own actions.

I don't "hate" Trump for being so mentally ill--that isn't his fault, it's just something that happened to him.

HOWEVER, IT DOES MAKE HIM DANGEROUSLY UNFIT FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

ElenaJ

I think Bernie is simply a man out of time (i.e. ahead of his time).....
In a few years perhaps a decade or two, what he proposes will the the law of the land here in the United States. We'll finally "catch up".[/QUOTE]

God forbid!

aquarius7000

...I think Bernie is simply a man out of time (i.e. ahead of his time).....
In a few years perhaps a decade or two, what he proposes will the the law of the land here in the United States. We'll finally "catch up".

Yes, I remember a colleague of mine saying just that and I agreed. American needs at least 25-30 years to get to that kind of thinking. Moving to America from Europe and that too a very advanced part of continental Europe, I was surprised how far ahead Europe already was in the 'Bernie' respect.

Bernie did spoil it massively for Hillary though back in 2016 and he should have been more sensible about it.

ElenaJ

Unfortunately, I'm living in it and believe me, you wouldn't want it.

It looks as though we are heading towards another lockdown period, even though it has been mandatory to wear masks in the past few months.

We currently have an unelected government, and no way of opposing it.

Think carefully about it, the grass is not always greener....

Ukpoohbear

I can’t see Trump winning personally. Everyone hates him. It’s not the same as last time he won. I wonder how the Mercury retro will play out with regards to the election.