Composite Moon void of course

Can anyone please tell me if they had experience with composite Moon void of course and how did i turn out for you?

I have what I think is an extraordinary good composite and synastry with another person, except this situaction with our composite Moon. I had a similar situation years back, when in spite of all the strong aspects and obvious strong feelings, we never had a real relationship, and only God knows why. Because we surely both wanted it. Now I have something big again, and there is again that same void of course Moon in our composite.

Is it really the one to blame that there will never be a relationship? Is it really that powerful to annul all the good and strong, and even karmic aspects, not only in our synastry and composite, but also in our transits, progressions and solar charts?

Does anybody here or anybody you know have a succesfull relationship with this in their composite?

Please, share your experiences :)

katydid

Can anyone please tell me if they had experience with composite Moon void of course and how did i turn out for you?

I have what I think is an extraordinary good composite and synastry with another person, except this situaction with our composite Moon. I had a similar situation years back, when in spite of all the strong aspects and obvious strong feelings, we never had a real relationship, and only God knows why. Because we surely both wanted it. Now I have something big again, and there is again that same void of course Moon in our composite.

Is it really the one to blame that there will never be a relationship? Is it really that powerful to annul all the good and strong, and even karmic aspects, not only in our synastry and composite, but also in our transits, progressions and solar charts?

Does anybody here or anybody you know have a succesfull relationship with this in their composite?

Please, share your experiences :)

A VOC Moon is not necessarily powerful enough to annul the other strong, beneficial aspects in a synastry.

The Moon progresses and changes sign and then new aspects take place. So one must look at the progressed Composite to see what the future holds, after the VOC is completed.

Years ago, when my son was in his mid-20's, he was casually dating a girl that he really liked. But he felt frustrated because he felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere. They were both working full time and going to school, so they didnt have much time together.

Their synastry chart was strong. They had Venus conjunct Mars, Sun trine Sun. and an exact Moon sextile Moon.

I ran their composite chart. They had the Moon in late Gemini , in the 7th but it was VOC. They had 2 nice aspects from the Moon but they were separating aspects. So it was describing the past, or the foundation of their emotional connection.

They kind of grew apart, as my son graduated and they were not in school together anymore. Two years went by and they had moved on from each other.

Then in a wonderful coincidence, they ended up running into each other by chance at a bookstore. Which was amazing because they originally met at their college bookstore years earlier. [Composite Moon in Gemini ?]

They sat down for coffee and rekindled their relationship pretty quickly.

In their progressed Composite, the Moon was @ zero Cancer, still in the 7th.

The Moon was now exalted and it was in an applying trine to the composite Mars/ And it was applying to an opposition to Saturn/Uranus/Neptune in Cap.

They were married a couple of years later. Still happily married now, with a mortgage and a family, in their mid thirties. :tongue:

ElenaJ

The moon represents the emotions of a relationship, just as it does in a natal chart.
When it is VOC the emotional commitment needed to bind two people together in a relationship just isn't there.
So however good the synastry might be, they tend to just drift off.
Katydid gives a very good example of what happens, and how the progressed moon can then pull the energies of the chart together.

waybread

I've generally looked at natal charts and their synastry as static still-shots. (Unlike horary or predictive work where applying and separating aspects would matter.) So a VOC moon in a composite chart isn't something I would be concerned about; so much as how its persisting aspects look.

But speaking of horary, the granddaddy of horary, William Lilly, said that he didn't think a VOC moon mattered that much if the moon were in Cancer, Jupiter-ruled Pisces or Sagittarius, or in Venus-ruled Taurus. Also many astrologers will count a late-degree moon as being active if it will make an out-of-sign aspect within a few degrees.

IleneK

Premium Member
I seem to have some recollection that Moon VOC or any planet VOC has no bearing in natal or natal related astrology, like synastry, composite. Certainly not in modern natal.

What is your take on that, WayBread?

waybread

Ilene, all I can say is that I never came across a VOC moon in modern natal astrology or synastry as having much significance. Unless it was in the 29th degree in the natal chart, which might indicate weakness before the moon changes sign.

But then, I probably missed a lot! :unsure:

ElenaJ

Ilene, all I can say is that I never came across a VOC moon in modern natal astrology or synastry as having much significance. Unless it was in the 29th degree in the natal chart, which might indicate weakness before the moon changes sign.

But then, I probably missed a lot! :unsure:

However, if it is VOC of course it won't be doing much, will it?

IleneK

Premium Member
However, if it is VOC of course it won't be doing much, will it?

Good point :) and interesting, Elena.

I wonder then how you might interpret a VOC Moon then natally?

Perhaps similar to detriment or fall, or accidental detriment...
How do you see it?

ElenaJ

In the natal a VOC moon would work the same way as a planet with no aspects.
It has no developmental energy.
Moon of course is emotions. So this could be someone who has already achieved a certain level of maturity emotionally, and is working on other areas of life, or it could be someone who will remain emotionally out of touch for this lifetime.

lunaclair

A VOC Moon is not necessarily powerful enough to annul the other strong, beneficial aspects in a synastry.

The Moon progresses and changes sign and then new aspects take place. So one must look at the progressed Composite to see what the future holds, after the VOC is completed.

Years ago, when my son was in his mid-20's, he was casually dating a girl that he really liked. But he felt frustrated because he felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere. They were both working full time and going to school, so they didnt have much time together.

Their synastry chart was strong. They had Venus conjunct Mars, Sun trine Sun. and an exact Moon sextile Moon.

I ran their composite chart. They had the Moon in late Gemini , in the 7th but it was VOC. They had 2 nice aspects from the Moon but they were separating aspects. So it was describing the past, or the foundation of their emotional connection.

They kind of grew apart, as my son graduated and they were not in school together anymore. Two years went by and they had moved on from each other.

Then in a wonderful coincidence, they ended up running into each other by chance at a bookstore. Which was amazing because they originally met at their college bookstore years earlier. [Composite Moon in Gemini ?]

They sat down for coffee and rekindled their relationship pretty quickly.

In their progressed Composite, the Moon was @ zero Cancer, still in the 7th.

The Moon was now exalted and it was in an applying trine to the composite Mars/ And it was applying to an opposition to Saturn/Uranus/Neptune in Cap.

They were married a couple of years later. Still happily married now, with a mortgage and a family, in their mid thirties. :tongue:
I'm sorry but your story does not quite line up. If when they met their composite moon was in late Gemini it is impossible that two years later the moon was on 0 Cancer, since to moon moves 1 degree per month.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm sorry but your story does not quite line up. If when they met their composite moon was in late Gemini it is impossible that two years later the moon was on 0 Cancer, since to moon moves 1 degree per month.

Actually, it is possible. Progressed composite charts aren't progressed from the date the relationship began. They're made by taking each party's progressed chart for their current age and calculating the midpoints. The composite chart with the Moon in late Gemini was not a progressed composite chart, it was the one based on their natal charts.

If their composite Moon based on their natal charts was in late Gemini, and the average of their ages when they met again was around 28-30 (just past a progressed lunar return), they could easily have had their progressed composite Moon on the cusp of Cancer.

wan

I've generally looked at natal charts and their synastry as static still-shots. (Unlike horary or predictive work where applying and separating aspects would matter.) So a VOC moon in a composite chart isn't something I would be concerned about; so much as how its persisting aspects look.
This.

Personally I feel that Void of Course Moons only matter when one is reading a horary chart. I don't think they matter as much for static charts.

Also, I think they happen somewhat frequently, as Moon in a late degree in a sign will likely be VOC.